News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

British Transport Police

Started by B.C Driver, January 18, 2016, 01:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

I've always wandered why BTP are only in force on the railways. After all a bus is a form of transport too. Wouldnt it be good to see BTP officers at bus stations too, where a driver could easily call for assistance to remove drunks, smokers etc.
Otherwise I think BTP should be renamed British Railway Police!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 18, 2016, 01:09:22 PM
I've always wandered why BTP are only in force on the railways. After all a bus is a form of transport too. Wouldnt it be good to see BTP officers at bus stations too, where a driver could easily call for assistance to remove drunks, smokers etc.
Otherwise I think BTP should be renamed British Railway Police!

The BTP is actually funded by the railway companies, not out of general taxation which is why they are a seperate force for the railways.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2016, 01:15:38 PM
The BTP is actually funded by the railway companies, not out of general taxation which is why they are a seperate force for the railways.

Oh ok thanks, I didnt know that, be great to see something similar at bus stations though - pcso's maybe?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk