News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The 'Good old days'!

Started by Other Walsall Tony, November 04, 2015, 12:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Other Walsall Tony

Tony

Other Walsall Tony

In 40 or 50 years time, will someone write their memories of life with E400 MMCs?
Tony

Gareth

I'm guessing. Sadly not. Nothing to do with the buses themselves, they are just as important to today's enthusiast as any Leyland, Guy or Daimler. But it all comes down to laziness and can't be botheredness.
At least in future we will have endless supply of photos, but sometimes it's the more personal touch that's required.
Come on enthusiasts, remember to keep notes!

Liam

I really think that memories mirror society and the way people look at things. It is a real shame that the MMC's aren't looked at in the same light as old vehicles, it is like me saying 'why buy an antique, when you can buy new, and just wait?' The MMC's will be antiques in 40 years time, when paper tickets don't exist and the passes are holograms. Thing is, people look back and go 'Ah, the Leyland National... That was a bloody beauty to drive...' but people will never do that because it is too much effort to do so, when they can just look on Googleâ„¢ for it. Society changes, and so does the light we see things, there is no sense of sentiment anymore.

Steveminor

We all go on about these mmcs  but i remember working with nationals & hating them cause the "screaming scrap" as we called the 510 engine, would be a nightmare. Unreliable, smokey noisey  (try sitting in a building with 5 of them trying hard to build up air pressure ). But now they've gone I miss them. I'm certain in 30 years time we'll feel the same about those mmcs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk