News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Solihull (71, 72, 73, 966 (not really S1))

Started by MW, August 30, 2015, 09:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

What do you guys think of the AG Solihull routes (71, 72, 73, 966, S1). I'm considering learning them, as I'm starting to get a little bored of my normal routes (basically everything else AG runs). The only thing putting me off is the Solihull start or finish. I've been told a lot of duties either start or end in garage, but I'll have to check (so that means catching 37 to Solihull Station).

Out of these routes, I've only ever been on the 966, which would have been around 7 years ago (would have been around 13 years old then!). It was when PB operated it I think, I'm not sure though, it was definately a Gemini anyway. The rest I've never caught. The 72 looks interesting to me.

I'm sure some, if not most of you have ridden these routes, so what are your opinions on them? Dead routes, or interesting? They all except the S1, look like a hell of a lot of turns which is interesting! I'm just looking at the NXWM website where it has the map view of the routes.

Quote from: MW on August 30, 2015, 09:47:34 PM
What do you guys think of the AG Solihull routes (71, 72, 73, 966, S1). I'm considering learning them, as I'm starting to get a little bored of my normal routes (basically everything else AG runs). The only thing putting me off is the Solihull start or finish. I've been told a lot of duties either start or end in garage, but I'll have to check (so that means catching 37 to Solihull Station).

Out of these routes, I've only ever been on the 966, which would have been around 7 years ago (would have been around 13 years old then!). It was when PB operated it I think, I'm not sure though, it was definately a Gemini anyway. The rest I've never caught. The 72 looks interesting to me.

I'm sure some, if not most of you have ridden these routes, so what are your opinions on them? Dead routes, or interesting? They all except the S1, look like a hell of a lot of turns which is interesting! I'm just looking at the NXWM website where it has the map view of the routes.
The 71 is a very nice route @MW definetley not dead interesting their are quite a lot of turns Sutton to Clock Garage/Castle Bromwhich Morrisons is probably the nicest bit of the 71.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

The 71 is one of my favourite routes to drive in the whole company

Tara4352

@Tony are you putting Nx fleet changes on main site yet ?

Tony

Quote from: RS on August 30, 2015, 10:06:54 PM
@Tony are you putting Nx fleet changes on main site yet ?

It's not even the end of the month give me chance, some more might happen tonight/tomorrow yet. All those that have happened I have mentioned in the forum anyway

Tara4352

Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2015, 10:11:35 PM
It's not even the end of the month give me chance, some more might happen tonight/tomorrow yet. All those that have happened I have mentioned in the forum anyway
sorry i asked cause they were up early last month sorry

Liberator9

@MW

All four would be fairly interesting to work on:

71/72 - Both long routes and certainly would be interesting to work. Think the layovers are fairly decent at the Solihull ends. Busy routes though and can sometimes have the problem passenger onboard, but any route can - but most of the time would be an interesting one to work. The 71 is one of my old favs really, certainly got variety on it. The MMCs of course on it, so decent ones on it.

73 - Fairly quiet at times but is a fairly interesting route - going through Small Heath can be a nightmare at times due to the traffic and narrowness of the roads. But makes it more exciting that way probably! At the minute has Plaxtons on it half the time, and Geminis the rest, so luck of the draw whether you get a decent bus on it.

966 - Certainly one I'd find tough to learn at times! Lots of turns and quite an interesting route. Geminis on it make for a good ride and get a chance to get some pace along the Airport bus road. Loadings seem to vary, but would be a nice one to be on in the mornings. By the afternoon do tend to have a few cans rolling about upstairs, but you get that on the 11! Never had a problem on it - funny enough the route where I've had the noisiest and most annoying passengers has been on the 5 - clearly been unlucky!

Shame AG don't still run the S2/S3 really, or the old 192 - they were great chances to run the B10Ls/B6s to the max and quite interesting routes, certainly the S2 round Balsall in the middle of the countryside!

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 30, 2015, 10:18:57 PM
@MW

All four would be fairly interesting to work on:

71/72 - Both long routes and certainly would be interesting to work. Think the layovers are fairly decent at the Solihull ends. Busy routes though and can sometimes have the problem passenger onboard further, but any route can - but most of the time would be an interesting one to work. The 71 is one of my old favs really, certainly got variety on it. The MMCs of course on it, so decent ones on it.

73 - Fairly quiet at times but is a fairly interesting route - going through Small Heath can be a nightmare at times due to the traffic and narrowness of the roads. But makes it more exciting that way probably! At the minute has Plaxtons on it half the time, and Geminis the rest, so luck of the draw whether you get a decent bus on it.

966 - Certainly one I'd find tough to learn at times! Lots of turns and quite an interesting route. Geminis on it make for a good ride and get a chance to get some pace along the Airport bus road. Loadings seem to vary, but would be a nice one to be on in the mornings. By the afternoon do tend to have a few cans rolling about upstairs, but you get that on the 37 at times as well. Never had a problem on it - funny enough the route where I've had the noisiest and most annoying passengers has been on the 5 - clearly been unlucky!

Shame AG don't still run the S2/S3 really, or the old 192 - they were great chances to run the B10Ls/B6s to the max and quite interesting routes, certainly the S2 round Balsall in the middle of the countryside!
You can see a bit of countryside in Minworth  :)  on the 71 their is never realy any trouble or, problem passengers. @Liberator9
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

trident4370

I'm not keen on the 72 but sometimes if I'm at a loose end I enjoy doing the 71 end to end from Sutton to Solihull, not as nice as when it was B10Ls of course. 

James4368

In my opinion

I enjoy riding 72 when it was B7s/Omnilinks but haven't got chance to ride one with new E200MMC's

at the moment im waiting till more enter service on 71/72 at least then i have a chance of riding some in my local area
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Stu

I say go for it, it will make a change from the Stratford Road at least!  :D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on August 31, 2015, 07:22:43 AM
In my opinion

I enjoy riding 72 when it was B7s/Omnilinks but haven't got chance to ride one with new E200MMC's

at the moment im waiting till more enter service on 71/72 at least then i have a chance of riding some in my local area
Personaly not a fan of the 72 but, the 71 has got to be my faveourite route :)
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

James4368

71/72 are my favourites routes in my local area
NXWM managed to upgrade them for E200MMC's and for 71 (Claribels and Sunny Travel) operate extra services :)

for thread too - any opinions on BC70 route (Solihull-Birmingham)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Ashley 60171

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on August 31, 2015, 11:03:26 AM
71/72 are my favourites routes in my local area
NXWM managed to upgrade them for E200MMC's and for 71 (Claribels and Sunny Travel) operate extra services :)

for thread too - any opinions on BC70 route (Solihull-Birmingham)

I preferred the 70 when it was the 90 but still only like it after the Fox and Goose until you get to Chelmsley Wood.

71/72/73 are ok for what they are. Better in B10L days.

966 is nice.

Personally I'd just go for the easiest one the S1.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk