News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

50 Birmingham to Druids Heath

Started by Ash, June 07, 2012, 10:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike360

Every time I travel or see the 417 it's never got many people on it, only a few and the fact they use Royale Centro's is pointless. I mean an Optare Solo could operate this route just about.

PM

The 417 had a few on today... probably about 15.

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on June 08, 2012, 09:41:47 PM

Thats why i dont understand why they havent left the black diamond wright cadets on the service they were on there for a few years and put the centro's on the 301 and 404E along with the remainin cadets, this seemed to happen when the mcv's first left

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 08, 2012, 09:43:31 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 08, 2012, 09:41:47 PM

Thats why i dont understand why they havent left the black diamond wright cadets on the service they were on there for a few years and put the centro's on the 301 and 404E along with the remainin cadets, this seemed to happen when the mcv's first left

What you are proposing does seem a lot more logical and maybe it will happen in the future. Maybe it comes down to vehicle wear or something like that. So do the west brom routes get full then on the whole-40... diamond routes because Ive never been on them.....

Ash

Yeah they get quite busy especially if a NXWM bus hasnt turned up for a while and its very competitve although the solo's are started to sneak more and more on the 410 which is a service that needs a single decker for sure most times. The 401/2 uses a mix of black diamond darts and red diamond cadets

Ash

At least 30803/4 were on loan from blue diamond to Your bus to cover for the uni hopper service, this was due to the previous operator ceasing operation (premier) and your bus have started the service today and needing an emergency loan of vehicles not sure how long they will be on loan for or how many are actually there. There's two photos of the vehicles in service on the yourbus enthusiast facebook page if anybody wants to see them.

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 29, 2013, 12:10:13 AM
At least 30803/4 were on loan from blue diamond to Your bus to cover for the uni hopper service, this was due to the previous operator ceasing operation (premier) and your bus have started the service today and needing an emergency loan of vehicles not sure how long they will be on loan for or how many are actually there. There's two photos of the vehicles in service on the yourbus enthusiast facebook page if anybody wants to see them.

Previously you could understand the loans between Yourbus & Diamond, as Scott Dunn was MD of both, but since he no longer works for Rotala only his father & brother do......

tank90

Yeah but would he want to course a family row.... unless his Dad said here borrow these. What I can't understand is why the they didn't send the Wessex Volvos that are for sale up to Nottingham in stead.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on January 29, 2013, 04:55:45 PM
Yeah but would he want to course a family row.... unless his Dad said here borrow these. What I can't understand is why the they didn't send the Wessex Volvos that are for sale up to Nottingham in stead.

May be they are out of MOT & Tax

Discodave

It was mentioned if yourbus would take some of premieres routes good chance they may get them permanent.  Scott Dunn seems to be doing a good job.

Rachvince53

As from February 13th 2023, Diamond Value fares will no longer be available on services 50 and 16A. Normal fare zones will apply.

Lukeee

Plenty of deckers out on the 50 today

cris 99

All of the Redditch 50s are deckers today 
17//72/73/97/X12

Quote from: cris 99 on April 21, 2023, 10:52:15 AMAll of the Redditch 50s are deckers today
One 50 I saw was carrying branding for routes 36/37 Manchester to Bolton.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

Quote from: 2206 on April 21, 2023, 02:51:30 PMOne 50 I saw was carrying branding for routes 36/37 Manchester to Bolton.
Not a good look.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk