News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blackpool Trams

Started by wembley86, April 25, 2015, 02:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Absolutely horrid day in Blackpool, Promenade road was a river by 3pm.

Western Train was stabled at North Pier with santa onboard, sadly the weather was so bad, don't think he had many children to give presents to.

Heritage Train service

675/85.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

windy miller

I have always had fond memories of the Blackpool trams Esp. the Heritage collection in their heyday. What amazes me is the fact that you can STILL get cheap overnight accommodation virtually anywhere along the sea front for as little as £15 (bed only) or B/ Breakfast for £20. I had a visit to Star gate in October, despite the unseasonal fine weather the beach was deserted! (The Donkeys were giving each other rides) I notice they had an old London Routemaster in service but I've no idea who owns it.? I Found some great drinking holes off the Talbot road and an Equally good family chippie owned by Yorkshire fisheries. I took several tram photo's which tony may find time to post one day 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: windy miller on December 31, 2015, 05:34:01 PM
I have always had fond memories of the Blackpool trams Esp. the Heritage collection in their heyday. What amazes me is the fact that you can STILL get cheap overnight accommodation virtually anywhere along the sea front for as little as £15 (bed only) or B/ Breakfast for £20. I had a visit to Star gate in October, despite the unseasonal fine weather the beach was deserted! (The Donkeys were giving each other rides) I notice they had an old London Routemaster in service but I've no idea who owns it.? I Found some great drinking holes off the Talbot road and an Equally good family chippie owned by Yorkshire fisheries. I took several tram photo's which tony may find time to post one day

@windy miller The Routemaster is owned by Oakwood Travel or as they are known now Catch22 buses. The owner of the company is Phillip Higgs who owned Coronation Car 304 for a time. They have already been in trouble with the TC

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/business/local-business/blackpool-bus-company-faces-seven-year-ban-1-7373323

and judging by the ride I had when i was in Blackpool in October, am not surprised.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

windy miller

Thanks Stu... I had no idea they had a bad reputation! would I be right in thinking they may have another Routemaster as well as RML887...? :-\

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: windy miller on January 02, 2016, 09:03:07 PM
Thanks Stu... I had no idea they had a bad reputation! would I be right in thinking they may have another Routemaster as well as RML887...? :-\

@windy miller Yes they have RM1583, although it has been off the road with an expired engine which is beyond economic repair.

JoNi

Stuharris 6360

Would be a very bad day if the tram service was reduced to Starr Gate to Little Bispham, however whether the government would let this happen after the amount of money spent on the new tramway.

Rob H

Just read on Facebook Standard 147 and Marton 31 are exchanging places for 2016.

Marton 31 will be heading for Blackpool and Standard 147 will be heading in the opposite direction for Beamish.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stuharris 6360

In Blackpool today for Gold Heritage running day with the pool of The Western Train, 680, 272 & T2, 147, 715 & 717.

Sadly the Western Train only made it half way across the road/Tramway at Manchester Square and the coupling snapped, so had to be returned to depot to be replaced by Box 40 after it had blocked the promenade road and tramway for quite a while.

680 failed with its usual Transponded problems, the car battery ran out of charge and was replaced by boat car 230.

717 failed around The Metropole with again its usual controller problem, which doesn't appear to have been rectified since i was there in Early December.

Despite that, had a lovely (freezing) journey on 230 to Bispham and back, also had 715 to Fleetwood during the afternoon.

Rob H

Balloon 723 is getting its current 1980's style livery refreshed for the 2016 season
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Rob H

Brush 631 and Balloon 717 are today's Heritage Tour Trams
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

JoNi

Stuharris 6360

spent yesterday (Saturday) in Blackpool and whta a lovely day, weather wise and tram wise as well.

Bolton 66. 680, 723, 717, Twin set 5 and 700 were all on the heritage gold service.

windy miller

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 17, 2016, 01:22:19 PM
spent yesterday (Saturday) in Blackpool and whta a lovely day, weather wise and tram wise as well.

Bolton 66. 680, 723, 717, Twin set 5 and 700 were all on the heritage gold service.

stu is there a timetable for the heritage trams ?  and on which days of the season are they scheduled to run?  thanks

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: windy miller on July 17, 2016, 03:16:42 PM

stu is there a timetable for the heritage trams ?  and on which days of the season are they scheduled to run?  thanks

Yes @windy miller, currently they have 2 heritage trams operating daily between Pleasure Beach & North Pier/Cabin rougly every 20 minutes during the day.

However on the 27/28/29 August, 24/25 September and 26/27 November there is a gold timetable operating with 6 trams in operation and services operating between Pleasure Beach & Bispham/Little Bispham & Fleetwood.

I have attached a sample timetable which was used earlier this year, yesterdays timetable was very similar.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk