News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on March 07, 2024, 02:47:19 PMmaybe its the time of day ? its certainly not inacurate, but im willing to concede it could be time of day, mid afternoon when im about theyre empty (well maybe upto 20 people at most)

probably more where on route you look, between Bull Street and Wolverhampton I have never been on one with less than around 40 people on. They are quieter Bull Street to Edgbaston village

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on March 07, 2024, 02:58:34 PMprobably more where on route you look, between Bull Street and Wolverhampton I have never been on one with less than around 40 people on. They are quieter Bull Street to Edgbaston village
Morrisons to 5 ways, usually, if i go to Birmingham, then Broad St / Corporation St, not arguing, just saying......
3000 F300 XOF

Stuharris 6360

Been on the tram today to ride the full journey Edgbaston Village to Wolverhampton Rail Station.

Very few people from Edgbaston and even in the City Centre not many people got on. Probablly most people got on at West Bromwich bus station, but even then there were seats.

At Journeys end a few people got off at the Train station, but have to say that no one was waiting to catch the tram in the Birmingham direction.

Seems strange that they haven't reopened the track to Wolverhampton St Georges, you always got quite a few people waiting for the tram there. Seems to have been forgotten about?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Jay71

What would be the point in going to St Georges?  The stops by the bus station are only a  two min walk from St George's stop

BK63 YWP

QuoteWhat would be the point in going to St Georges?  The stops by the bus station are only a  two min walk from St George's stop
St George's is the nearest to the local shops, two minutes for a fit and younger person. More like 5 to 10 mins for someone with mobility issues. I think they would like St George's to return (which I think it's destined to in some form) 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stevo

In fact most people use Pipers Row as not only is it next to the bus station but it's nearer to the shopping centres.

Gareth

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks more and more trams are displaying 'to exit the tram press the illuminated button' instead of a destination display. Some carry in on the front only, some carry front and rear.
Is there a reason for displaying this instead of a destination?

uniquicity

Quote from: Gareth on April 19, 2024, 05:29:34 PMI've noticed over the past couple of weeks more and more trams are displaying 'to exit the tram press the illuminated button' instead of a destination display. Some carry in on the front only, some carry front and rear.
Is there a reason for displaying this instead of a destination?

Because after Covid the driver opened the doors automatically from the cab. After the engineering works it seems to have gone back to previous, and it was catching passengers out

uniquicity

Also don't know why they decided to increase the frequency to every 8 minutes when it apparently isn't carrying any passengers...

:wink:

Gareth

Quote from: uniquicity on April 19, 2024, 08:13:07 PMBecause after Covid the driver opened the doors automatically from the cab. After the engineering works it seems to have gone back to previous, and it was catching passengers out
I think I'd rather see the destination than how to open a door!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk