News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

BX09 SRO

Started by MW, June 03, 2012, 07:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Above bus was working the 30 all day yesterday. Seen at various points in Acocks Green and Solihull. It had Welcome Aboard on the displays, with a A4 sheet saying 30 on the front windscreen. It's a Royale Black Diamond Centro. Is this a transfer from Black Diamond to Blue Diamond or is it just a loan?

Ash

I hope it was on loan, there was a royale centro on the 644 today which is unusual

PM

They are nice buses the royale centros especially the interiors-something really special to be honest.

Ash

The 4 buses need for diamonds sunday 404E service were all versa hybrids and normally at least 2 royale cetro's normally operate it on a sunday so this may be the reason

There was a solo on the 89, that had an A4 sheet saying 89 on the windscreen and side window, and the front display was working  ???

Quote from: Michael on June 03, 2012, 07:58:33 PM
Above bus was working the 30 all day yesterday. Seen at various points in Acocks Green and Solihull. It had Welcome Aboard on the displays, with a A4 sheet saying 30 on the front windscreen. It's a Royale Black Diamond Centro. Is this a transfer from Black Diamond to Blue Diamond or is it just a loan?

Me too, they can be used on less busy routes, rarely, like the 446. I think they should be used primarly on the 56

Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 08:08:15 PM
They are nice buses the royale centros especially the interiors-something really special to be honest.

Ash

Currently there used on the 202 and 417 and especially with the 417 the wright cadets were large enough for the service and other diamond routes would be more preferable for the centro's to be used on like the 56/301/404E

Liberator9

Yesterday there was a Signature Optare Versa on the 37 I think which I saw at Moor Street. Was the Centro on yesterday again? Must say I hope that Centro ventures down on the S2!

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 03, 2012, 09:57:19 PM
Currently there used on the 202 and 417 and especially with the 417 the wright cadets were large enough for the service and other diamond routes would be more preferable for the centro's to be used on like the 56/301/404E

Agree. These would be the three perfect routes for them and then solos etc on less busy routes.

Ash

I saw a centro on the 417 leaving west brom mid afternoon around 4pm and no one was on then u have the cadets on the 404E which were quite full

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 07, 2012, 03:06:32 PM
Yesterday there was a Signature Optare Versa on the 37 I think which I saw at Moor Street. Was the Centro on yesterday again? Must say I hope that Centro ventures down on the S2!

Both versas were on the 30 yesterday i think

Stu

I didn't catch the number or the full reg, but there was a blue Optare Solo (one of the recent transfers in) on the Warwick Road this evening leaving Acocks Green, and it still had service S4 showing on its destination display.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on June 07, 2012, 08:18:35 PM
I didn't catch the number or the full reg, but there was a blue Optare Solo (one of the recent transfers in) on the Warwick Road this evening leaving Acocks Green, and it still had service S4 showing on its destination display.

Saw that too (if it was the same one), did you see the rear lights on it? They've got the Optare LED rear lights, like below:

Stu

Nah, I didn't get a very good look at it, as I was on a 37 heading into AG village, ready to get off when I saw it going in the opposite direction.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Quote from: neale95 on June 07, 2012, 04:33:55 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on June 07, 2012, 03:06:32 PM

Both versas were on the 30 yesterday i think

I meant Wednesday 6th June!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk