News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

nBus going Swift Only

Started by the trainbasher, March 28, 2015, 07:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Noticed the last couple of days stickers on NXWM buses saying that nBus was going Swift Only.

How will it affect those who are "mid period" on their nbus (like myself - doesn't expire til November as it is a yearly)? Will we be forced to convert to Swift or will the paper tickets still be accepted til their expiry.

And what about those who get their monthly nBus from the NXWM travelcard agents (eg local costcutter/spar)? Will they be forced online to purchase them?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 28, 2015, 07:57:23 PM
Noticed the last couple of days stickers on NXWM buses saying that nBus was going Swift Only.

How will it affect those who are "mid period" on their nbus (like myself - doesn't expire til November as it is a yearly)? Will we be forced to convert to Swift or will the paper tickets still be accepted til their expiry.

And what about those who get their monthly nBus from the NXWM travelcard agents (eg local costcutter/spar)? Will they be forced online to purchase them?

I was told certain tickets such as Regional Child N-Bus is not avaliable on Swift yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on March 28, 2015, 07:59:44 PM
I was told certain tickets such as Regional Child N-Bus is not avaliable on Swift yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

@Nathan N-bus isnt yet only payg which isnt even valid on NX buses

JPC

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 28, 2015, 07:57:23 PM

Rest assured you can continue to use your traditional paper ticket until it's expiry date.
Swift photo card holders can purchase 1 or 4 week nBus or NX tickets at certain Payzone agents (click here for store locator)

Gareth

I'm hoping that all pay zone agents or at least all payzone agents that sell bus passes get on board with this. Currently my local newsagent isn't on that list, I'll ask him when I get this weeks pass if he will be doing this, otherwise it's a pain in the backside!

the trainbasher

Quote from: JPC on March 29, 2015, 01:29:32 PM
Rest assured you can continue to use your traditional paper ticket until it's expiry date.
Swift photo card holders can purchase 1 or 4 week nBus or NX tickets at certain Payzone agents (click here for store locator)

Cheers. Hopefully when I renew it through work in Novemeber (if I'm still there!) it'll be on swift :-)

Only problems is it'll play havoc with my days off bashing...no fun on the 50 trying to bash every vehicle on there! :-(

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JPC

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 29, 2015, 03:18:10 PM
Cheers. Hopefully when I renew it through work in Novemeber (if I'm still there!) it'll be on swift :-)

Only problems is it'll play havoc with my days off bashing...no fun on the 50 trying to bash every vehicle on there! :-(

I could imagine your Swift card could get flagged for inappropriate usage ;D

On the Payzone locator make sure you select 'Swift (West Midlands)'
Not 'Centro bus' which is for the likes of one day nBus paper tickets which I wonder why are sold at shops when they can be purchased on buses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk