News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Best location to live for bus enthusiasts?

Started by Trident 4194, March 11, 2015, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie

I have always said that Halesowen gets the newest buses from all operators that use the station.
e400
e400 mmc's
e200
b7
Scania
Trident
Mercs soon to be banished!

winston

Quote from: richie on March 11, 2015, 07:54:10 PM
I have always said that Halesowen gets the newest buses from all operators that use the station.
e400
e400 mmc's
e200
b7
Scania
Trident

I hasn't always been like that. It used to be wall to wall Leyland Nationals with Ludlows & BCC

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on March 11, 2015, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: richie on March 11, 2015, 07:54:10 PM
e400
e400 mmc's
e200
b7
Scania
Trident

Hansons Arriva and obviously Diamond still use old buses in Halesowen though.

What do you have against diamond @Matt ?

the trainbasher

Try living on their former swift branded route @Trident 4194 and you'll see how bad diamond can be!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

For me, it's Manchester. Euro 4 Voith Enviro 400s, enough said
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tara4352

Russell's hell as I have a link o dudley merry hill and the hospital

Gareth

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 11, 2015, 06:56:21 PM
Outside a depot?

I agree with that. As a child we lived just a small distance from Washwood Heath garage, and although at one point we only had two vehicle types (Fleetlines and Metrobuses) and never any more than five with the addition of Lynxes, Metroriders and ALX100's they were great days seeing all the comings and goings and watching all the buses return after peak workings etc.

Reece

Kidderminster is just a brilliant place if you are a bus enthusiast.

Lot of interpendents like Coniston Coaches & R & B Travel

Diamond Bus with very interesting vehicle history and their depot is in the middle of a roundabout with a public footpath around it.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Reece on March 12, 2015, 07:43:58 AM
Kidderminster is just a brilliant place if you are a bus enthusiast.

Lot of interpendents like Coniston Coaches & R & B Travel

Diamond Bus with very interesting vehicle history and their depot is in the middle of a roundabout with a public footpath around it.

Although it's not the greatest place to live as Reece will back me up in saying he is in a sense correct by saying Kidderminster is good for enthusiasts

Tara4352

merry hill or dudley for the different operators

CL

Quote from: Gareth on March 12, 2015, 12:55:53 AM
Quote from: the trainbasher on March 11, 2015, 06:56:21 PM
Outside a depot?

I agree with that. As a child we lived just a small distance from Washwood Heath garage, and although at one point we only had two vehicle types (Fleetlines and Metrobuses) and never any more than five with the addition of Lynxes, Metroriders and ALX100's they were great days seeing all the comings and goings and watching all the buses return after peak workings etc.

Same with me. I live(d) quite close to Hockley Garage. Shame it's close now. I used to see Optare Solos, and three Mercs, all the time. I remember once, seeing a B7TL go into the garage, whilst I was waiting for a Soho Road bus into Handsworth. I miss those days.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk