News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

10H

Started by PM, June 02, 2012, 12:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Just would be interested to hear what people think about this route. Caught it in town yesterday and it was 10 minutes at least late. I was talking to this woman and she told me that its always late!! Seems that blue diamond do have timekeeping problems-perhaps to save buses they expect drivers to race round routes and cut costs while keeping up a frequency. If this is the case, it doesn't really seem to be working !!

D10

Looks like the timetable is very tight with two buses operating a half hourly service. Not sure there is an easy solution as adding a third bus would leave vehicles standing a long time, and by keeping two buses you would have to have a 40 or 45 minute frequency.

PM

Got the 10H today-on time with a fast little Y.... KNB dart that was super fast and a nice driver who was listening to the cricket. Tho I was hoping for one of those ex wessex mcv darts....

fleetline6477

The problem is Harborne, they run the 10H to the same timetable they ran the 10 (via Augustus Road). It really needs revertingback to the old route.

I know, it's pointless, pretty much all the buses that call on Ridgeacre Road call at Harborne. Why is another one needed? I would be very upset if I lived on Augustus road, that's the main point of the 10!

Quote from: fleetline6477 on June 02, 2012, 08:58:44 PM
The problem is Harborne, they run the 10H to the same timetable they ran the 10 (via Augustus Road). It really needs revertingback to the old route.

PM

Exactly and I also went on one of the talking 22s today and thought that they were really good!!

PM

It doesnt get very busy though by the looks of it-only about 2 or 3 other people on it each time.

MW

Quote from: Peter123 on June 02, 2012, 09:22:21 PM
It doesnt get very busy though by the looks of it-only about 2 or 3 other people on it each time.

It's a Centro funded route so Diamond are getting their money out of it!

PM

Really? I thought it was commercial.

Lukeee

I thought it was commercial also, unless only the 10H is commercial.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Michael on June 02, 2012, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 02, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

It's a Centro funded route so Diamond are getting their money out of it!

The 10 & 10H are registered commercially.

The Augustus Rd route is a quick way to get to the Harborne end of Quinton at peak times (I know of only one better route, & that is most definitely NOT commercially viable :-X), so justifies its' routing existence at these times - though it is virtually dead during the day, thus now being routed via Harborne (more commercially viable).

As for the schedule (for both routes), both are realistic. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone what the traffic can be like between City & Five Ways at peak times though. This has affected the route for the last 35 years at least.

By the way, I'm an ex-Qunton resident & the 10 used to be my local  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk