News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus North West

Started by Tony, March 01, 2015, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWH44L

Cheers Winston. Great chance to standardise and remove some of the oddbods at Bolton. 👍

winston

Quote from: WWH44L on February 18, 2020, 02:08:18 PM
Cheers Winston. Great chance to standardise and remove some of the oddbods at Bolton. 👍

I understand Rotala are working towards standardization now they're a much bigger entity / can place bigger new bus orders etc.

don

Quote from: Winston on February 18, 2020, 02:22:10 PM
I understand Rotala are working towards standardization now they're a much bigger entity / can place bigger new bus orders etc.

But at the cost of having a large proportion of vehicles of the same age in one place, and the potential issues that might bring. However I guess they have little choice. I'm curious how such a large order has been possible - I was wondering if it's some sort of leasing set up?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on February 19, 2020, 11:18:03 PM
But at the cost of having a large proportion of vehicles of the same age in one place, and the potential issues that might bring. However I guess they have little choice. I'm curious how such a large order has been possible - I was wondering if it's some sort of leasing set up?

The Bolton Streetdeck order was effectively the 2019 & 2020 orders combined due to Wrightbus woes.

Rotala have their sights on getting bigger, therefore, there may be opportunities to split the concentration of a large batch of similar aged buses up in the future.

mikestone

And a good price because customers are thin on the ground?

BD12TCJ

Does anyone know if any of the former Wigan Coachways stuff is still in the fleet with Rotala and where?

Tony

Quote from: BD12TCJ on February 22, 2020, 08:32:09 PM
Does anyone know if any of the former Wigan Coachways stuff is still in the fleet with Rotala and where?

Full Rotala fleet list is available on the main site

BD12TCJ

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BD12TCJ

What will the open top(s?) be used for at Bolton?

winston

Jack6101

Looks like the 19 plate street decks have had there displays changed to oranges LED displays like the new 20 plate ones
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

the trainbasher

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 09, 2020, 03:01:35 PM
Looks like the 19 plate street decks have had there displays changed to oranges LED displays like the new 20 plate ones

Changed to Mobitec units I believe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

LancashireLad

Diamond has sadly lost a number of Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) contracts from 11 April, which were operated by Eccles depot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk