News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

87 & 88 (Coventry - Solihull via Berkswell)

Started by Adam 404, January 20, 2015, 09:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

The 82 already goes from Coventry to Solihull but is generally very busy! So why not have the quiet 87 and the 88 put together so it can go from Coventry to Solihull following those routes as wel as making an improved frequency between both Coventry and Solihull.
I will add the timetable I created tomorrow...
What do you think?

Kevin

Gonna go ahead and say there's probably a good reason they split the old 192 or more recently 19 into those 2 sections.
I'd say just increase the 82 to every half hour, so it's a joint 15 mins Cov - Meriden, maybe the 82 could do Allesley and Parkhill and the 900 more express
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

vinh1000

doesnt help by the fact they both depart roughly the same time at pool meadow
ie 82 at :10 the hour and 900 just slightly before/after
shame the 82 couldnt depart at :25 and :55 the hour to make it a 15 min frequency between cov - meriden
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Adam 404

Quote from: Kevin on January 21, 2015, 07:07:12 AM
Gonna go ahead and say there's probably a good reason they split the old 192 or more recently 19 into those 2 sections.
I'd say just increase the 82 to every half hour, so it's a joint 15 mins Cov - Meriden, maybe the 82 could do Allesley and Parkhill and the 900 more express

900 serves Parkhill because people want to go to both Birmingham and Coventry.

Adam 404

And to update...
Service 87 will go to Sollihull via Basall Common & Knowle from the end of April. Service 88 will continue...

Sh4318

Would a Sunday service on the 82 be viable?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Adam 404

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 22, 2015, 10:54:24 AM
Would a Sunday service on the 82 be viable?

Well, it is
A: Subsidised by Centro.
B: Every hour
But it is almost full on a weekday...
I will bring it up with Centro at my next meeting with them during Easter :)

Kevin

So....
With the 87 being extended to Solihull, Diamond suddenly find themselves with competition on their Signature network, along the 88 route to Knowle and Balsall Common and end to end between Solihull and Cov

Reckon they'll do anything? Make something different of the 88 (to Warwick? Kenilworth?)
To throw a scenario in, I know some routes round there are tendered, but how about get rid of the 88 now, and add an extra bus per hour to the 87, maybe even extend running hours into the evening and Sundays.
I wouldn't know what else you could do with the service to Chadwick End though, not really a big enough place to warrant anything more than a sporadic service

Adam 404

87's timetable (linked with 42) only gives 6mins layover, it doesn't serve Chadwick End.

Kevin

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 02, 2015, 09:39:06 PM
87's timetable (linked with 42) only gives 6mins layover, it doesn't serve Chadwick End.

I know,
I was talking about the Diamond 88, Chadwick End is the only populated bit of that route that isn't shared with the 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk