News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Theyve got a lot of tridents now plus a new volvo decker so they should be okay for emissions-the ex london ones will probably have traps too. I hope the service to town does well and I agree that the 29 is a super slow route. Plus green bus have nice buses (metros as my favourites) and good drivers. Itll do well on a Saturday too-Ill catch it for one!

Ashley

Have they bought that B9TL from Volant PSV then?

PM

Its from ensignbus-ex wessex connect

Ashley

Im asking because on the day of the Aston Manor open day. I saw it parked in the yard of Volant PSV

PM

Oh right-maybe they were doing work on it for GB. Has it been repainted into fleet livery yet?

Ashley

I assume its being worked on now as one of the new GB Tridents was in one of the buildings having received fleet livery

PM

Yes, and I havent seen it out and about recently-I did see it in service near Chelmsley Wood a fair while ago tho

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on August 05, 2012, 03:37:51 PM
Yes, and I havent seen it out and about recently-I did see it in service near Chelmsley Wood a fair while ago tho
Ensign have now sold it on, along with its 3 sisters

PM

Thats a shame-tho it didnt really fit in with the rest of the fleet. Theyve gone to an operator near london havent they?

Ex BC driver

I was going through Northfield on Friday and spotted a white Dennis Dart operating on the 64. I think the reg was MX55 HYA

Tony

Quote from: BC driver on August 05, 2012, 05:36:01 PM
I was going through Northfield on Friday and spotted a white Dennis Dart operating on the 64. I think the reg was MX55 HYA

Green Bus have had Central buses MY 56 HYA on hire for the last couple of weeks while they are committed to the Coventry Olympics work

Phil

Quote from: BC driver on August 05, 2012, 05:36:01 PM

Are Green Bus recruting for their extentions for the 50A to Redditch and the 64 to Birmingham

PM

I doubt it!! Theyll just be utilising drivers that until now were just used for schools and I doubt the extensions to the routes will dramatically increase vehicle/drivers requirements many of whom I imagine will be happy to work saturdays

BU07 LGO

nitromatt1

Seems like Green Bus have now sold their 2 Volvo Citybuses, or at least withdrawn them, as they've disappeared from the fleetlist on their website. Not a surprise as they tried (and failed) to sell them on eBay a month or two ago. Shame, as they were actually my favourite buses in the fleet - and the fastest too, H682 GPF in particular seemed ridiculously fast for its age as it could easily outpull the new NXWM Enviro400's. I guess they weren't to everybody's taste though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk