News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2018, 05:26:12 PM
How do you know Crimson Tridents are dull if you've never been on a trapped Trident?

Crimson tridents are dull in my opinion. Change up gears too quickly. Gearboxes are different too I believe? Not sure on this but I know there's 5 speed, 6 speed etc??

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 18, 2018, 05:42:44 PM
Crimson tridents are dull in my opinion. Change up gears too quickly. Gearboxes are different too I believe? Not sure on this but I know there's 5 speed, 6 speed etc??

But you stated you had never been on a trapped one?

There's no five or six speed Tridents

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 18, 2018, 05:06:32 PM
Look at the title of this thread, it mentions the word opinion. Do I have to define opinion to you?
Doesn't mean I can't politely disagree. It's not all about opinions!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2018, 05:45:46 PM
But you stated you had never been on a trapped one?

There's no five or six speed Tridents

I have been on a crimson trident before?? I haven't been on a re engined or trapped y reg trident before today. Apologies if I'm making no sense

Dom

Mike K

Excuse my ignorance on the matter, and this is a genuine question, but from a passenger perspective what's the difference between a trapped and an un-trapped Trident? I've been on plenty of 44xx and 46xx ones before the traps were fitted, and some after, but wouldn't have a clue what the difference between them was.

Dom

Quote from: Mike K on January 18, 2018, 07:25:14 PM
Excuse my ignorance on the matter, and this is a genuine question, but from a passenger perspective what's the difference between a trapped and an un-trapped Trident? I've been on plenty of 44xx and 46xx ones before the traps were fitted, and some after, but wouldn't have a clue what the difference between them was.

Seconded.

MW

No idea about Tridents, but the AG Gemini's sounds different. From the outside, they sound sort of more dieseley when accelerating and less of a scream. That may be to do with the e fans, I don't know, but the Outer Circle branded ones sound normal. 4519 proved this earlier as it roared into Solihull Town Centre off it's normal branded route on the 37.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on January 18, 2018, 07:25:14 PM

There is nothing. If a bus had a good engine before the trap was fitted it still will have. If a bus had a tired engine before it still will have. The trap doesn't change the performance in that way at all despite some people imagining it does.

Jack

Quote from: MW on January 18, 2018, 07:43:07 PM
No idea about Tridents, but the AG Gemini's sounds different. From the outside, they sound sort of more dieseley when accelerating and less of a scream. That may be to do with the e fans, I don't know, but the Outer Circle branded ones sound normal. 4519 proved this earlier as it roared into Solihull Town Centre off it's normal branded route on the 37.
Perry Barr's 44** are like that. They don't sound as loud as they did, nothing to do with the fans going but they sound more smooth and less of a scream. Have no idea about PB's 46**. 4489 fans tend to come on/off still, 4504 is still blaring around too but not that loud as it was. 4482 still going round really loud, was when I caught it on the 7 last week, probably beacause it's still in red/white.

Sh4318

4130 - 76. Best sounding engine of any other type of bus in the fleet, in my opinion. Upper saloon was freezing, as it would be on any ALX400. Seat backs weren't in the greatest condition, rattled a little, but not to an annoying level. 9/10... It's a voith trident, so it was always going to get a high rating
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MW

Is it just me who doesn't like Voiths then? I hate the brakes on anything Voith I've driven. They're too bloody sensitive. What I don't like about them is the retarder.

Trident 4194

6101- quite good mmc actually- was being floored by the driver to the point the cooling fans came on which is very unusual on these mmcs from my experience. Sounded like I was on a Gemini when the fans kicked in.

Jack

4329 - Will always love this Trident, warm, interior and exterior still looking smart. Love it's howl. 10/10.

Jack

4508 - Gemini

Had a great ride on the 31 on this. Definitely AG's best 11 branded 45**. 10/10

4642 - Gemini

Caught this on the X12 on Thursday. This sounds way louder than any other 46**. Had a loud groan too. Flew down the Bus-Only road at the airport. Driver thrashed it down Chipperfield Road. 10/10

(Hopefully 4508 will make it onto the X12 at some point)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk