News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on October 20, 2017, 11:49:02 PM
The ones on the WA 11/13 are generally punctual when they aren't on peak, but there's usually a lot of traffic between Dudley and Tipton at peak times, and I'm guessing the M5 junction near Wednesbury doesn't help too. They don't seem sluggish by any means, but I still prefer a B7RLE.
M6 Junction actually. I use to think the Omnilinks doors were slow until I rode most of BC's 46** with absolutely slow doors. 4623 is one.

P419 EJW

Whilst on subject of Scania OmniLinks, I had 1850 on (3)11 last week with @BU07 LGO driving. I have to say 1850 has to be the quickest Scania out of the rest of Walsall Scanias. Flawless and smooth bus, and the doors were quick when opening and closing.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on October 21, 2017, 10:49:43 AM
M6 Junction actually. I use to think the Omnilinks doors were slow until I rode most of BC's 46** with absolutely slow doors. 4623 is one.

Ugh, I always manage to get them two mixed up somehow. The doors have never seemed too slow to me, but there is a noticeable difference compared to the ones on a B7RLE. Still, it doesn't really affect anything, so I don't see how it's an issue.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 21, 2017, 11:52:55 AM
Whilst on subject of Scania OmniLinks, I had 1850 on (3)11 last week with @BU07 LGO driving. I have to say 1850 has to be the quickest Scania out of the rest of Walsall Scanias. Flawless and smooth bus, and the doors were quick when opening and closing.
The BX58's feel faster than the BX09's. Though I think the Euro 4 Omnilinks are better than the Euro 5's.

Jack

4279 - ALX400 B7TL

Caught this yesterday. Beast! Nice whiny gearbox. Interior tired, exterior smart. Brakes good, suspension fine. An annoying hiss happens when the driver changes gears. 7/10

4290 - ALX400 B7TL

Nice bus. Interior clean, seats looking great after 3 years. Paint smart. Brakes good, suspension all over the place. 8/10

4382 - Dennis Trident

Wonderful bus! Flew down Stratford Road on the 6 (was the only passenger from Solihull to Springfield). Driver floored it the whole way. Brakes good, suspension good. Paintwork looking exceptional, interior wonderful condition. Minor rattles. 9/10

Jack

4659 - Gemini

Caught this on the 31 from Solihull to City. Good bus. Driver thrashed it down Pitmaston Road which was fun on a tight road with speed bumps. It did cause 4526 on the 31 in the opposite direction go on the kerb on Severne Road. Brakes good, suspension good, howly gearbox. Interior and exterior smart, low vibrations and got howled down Shaftmoor Lane lovely. Average Gemini = 8/10.

Jack

7019 - Scania Omnilink

After 5 years of trying to ride it, I finally got it! Last Ex Dundee to be repainted last June, looks extremely smart, heating extremely strong (Scania's are great buses for heating). Suspension bouncy (typical Euro 5 Omnilink). Brakes ok, no rattling = 8/10

7023 - Scania Omnilink

PB have given this a transplant as its a way better bus, I last rode it in August and it was awful. Bouncy Suspension, brakes good, no rattling (use to be tedious for rattling). Interior/Exterior look smart (Price Branding makes the Omnilinks look extremely new still) = 8/10

4731 - Trident E400

Caught this on the 6 from Solihull to Shirley (where we broke down). Was so nice to ride ones of these on the 6. Brakes good, suspension good. Nice kickdown and thrash down Blossomfield Road. Interior/Exterior good, some seats look a little worn. Suspension and brakes are good. Shame it broke down, but 1910 was behind and I'm happy an Omnilink appeared than an E200 MMC.

7/10

I may sound stupid but I think the Omnilinks are the best Single Deckers NX currently have (I've always liked them but I seem to be in love with them now). People will disagree with me but I think they are better than Eclipse 1 B7RLE.

MW

Quote from: Jack on November 25, 2017, 06:06:16 PM
I may sound stupid but I think the Omnilinks are the best Single a Deckers currently have (I've always liked them but I seem to be in love with them now). People will disagree with me but I think they are better than Eclipse 1 B7RLE.

Not stupid, everyone has their opinion. The Scanias remind me of the O405Ns

As I've said before, to drive I prefer the Eclipse 2 though

Jack

Quote from: MW on November 25, 2017, 06:10:51 PM

They do actually, the Euro 5 Omnilinks sound a lot like 0405N's.

I like the Eclipse 2, but I probably prefer the Omnilinks as I'm a regular on them. I'll always prefer Urban 2's and Omnilinks on the 37 than E200 MMC's but I enjoy them as well, but not as good.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on November 25, 2017, 06:10:51 PM

My fave single deckers are the eclipse 2. In my opinion They are better than the WA 56 plates. Scanias are boring in my opinion

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2017, 06:24:57 PM
My fave single deckers are the eclipse 2. In my opinion They are better than the WA 56 plates. Scanias are boring in my opinion
1) Scania Omnilink
2) Eclipse 1
3) Eclipse 2
4) E200 MMC
5) E200

That's my order from good to bad of NX's current SD's.

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2017, 06:24:57 PM

I agree with you there regarding the Wright Eclipse 2s. Great replacement for the 0405N at PE
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 25, 2017, 10:06:55 PM
I agree with you there regarding the Wright Eclipse 2s. Great replacement for the 0405N at PE
I do as well. Not sure why people say they've got no life in them, you should here them rev up hills. Widney Manor Road on the 5 outbound on Sunday's was great, drivers use to rev high up that hill.
I enjoyed riding them on the 58/59 as well.

MW

Quote from: Jack on November 25, 2017, 10:10:01 PM
I do as well. Not sure why people say they've got no life in them, you should here them rev up hills. Widney Manor Road on the 5 outbound on Sunday's was great, drivers use to rev high up that hill.
I enjoyed riding them on the 58/59 as well.

Haha I'm one of those drivers. Also got one to scream up Bradford Street. They certainly sound like the 56 plates when they rev high enough. The only thing I'd fix with them is sort out the Rev limiter, but thatsbfrom an enthusiasts point of view. Performance wise they are fine how they are. They're quick. Very torquey and not gutless

Jack

4508 - Gemini

Caught this on the 11C from Perry Barr to the Fox & Goose. As soon as I entered this I could hear the fans ready to start hoovering. Beast, one of my favourites now. Brakes great, suspension good, doors quick. Exterior smart-ish, interior faded but this is expected from a 2012 repaint. @MW you were right about this one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk