News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

2 weeks ago, I was waiting for the 54 to Stafford at 11.05. the bus came in late, and it was changed for a 2 branded b7rle.

these are so much more comfortable to ride on, and seem a lot better suited to that route. those e200s are real bone shaking and slow pulling away, especially when half full etc trying to get out of a layby on a national speed limit road. those Volvos and zf boxes cruise along effortlessly wheras the e200s sound like a washing machine on spin cycle. think the voith box is not well suited to them. the retarders seem too fierce on them too. on chatting to the driver whilst waiting time in Stafford, I told him my thoughts, he commented that he likes the Volvos, and on the rare occasion one might deputise, it makes the journey more enjoyable

Trident 4194

Quote from: mranon on July 15, 2017, 08:13:33 PM
2 weeks ago, I was waiting for the 54 to Stafford at 11.05. the bus came in late, and it was changed for a 2 branded b7rle.

these are so much more comfortable to ride on, and seem a lot better suited to that route. those e200s are real bone shaking and slow pulling away, especially when half full etc trying to get out of a layby on a national speed limit road. those Volvos and zf boxes cruise along effortlessly wheras the e200s sound like a washing machine on spin cycle. think the voith box is not well suited to them. the retarders seem too fierce on them too. on chatting to the driver whilst waiting time in Stafford, I told him my thoughts, he commented that he likes the Volvos, and on the rare occasion one might deputise, it makes the journey more enjoyable

I think near enough everyone will agree with your comments regarding the e200s. Horrid buses! the b7Rles are probably slower at picking up speed but far less rattly

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 15, 2017, 09:44:36 PM
I think near enough everyone will agree with your comments regarding the e200s. Horrid buses! the b7Rles are probably slower at picking up speed but far less rattly

The B7RLEs are pretty quick picking up. Just because they don't rev high, a lot of people assume that they're slow.

BusFan94

Buses I had yesterday To Wolverhampton then back from Brum
4547 Interior Good Clean 10/10
Engine good 10/10
Gearbox 9/10 a bit of a Judder
Brakes Squeak 9/10
Doors Good10/10
Exterior Good 10/10
If I'm allowed to Post Tram Review I will here
Back from Brum
4915 80
Interior Nice and Smart only probably someone dropped Crisps and Tissue at the back 9.5/10
Engine Good 10/10
Gearbox 10/10
Exterior Nice and Smart new Branding is very smart 10/10
Doors 10/10
Brakes 10/10
834 45
Interior good 10/10
Engine Good 10/10
Suspension Rattled 8/10
Gearbox good 10/10
Brakes Good 10/10
Doors 10/10
1848 34
Overall good Bus Very smart Crimson Refurb
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 16, 2017, 02:13:14 PM
Interior Nice and Smart only probably someone dropped Crisps and Tissue at the back 9.5/10
Its not NXs fault if someone made a mess on it.
There always could be a bit of a mess on a bus after a day of carrying passengers in service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BusFan94

Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Jack

4503 - Wright Eclispe Gemini

Caught this from Solihull to town on the 5. Beast! Had its cooling fans going for most of the journey. Never got to ride this at PB unfortunately. Fast doors and very nice whiny sounds from the engine. Good brakes and no rattling whatsoever, good suspension and very smart interior and exterior. Was empty for the whole journey. The nice thing about the Gemini's cooling fans is that they echo down tight roads. Going down Springfield Road you can hear it echoing. I recommend anyone who sees this to ride it!

10/10, nothing can beat a good Gemini!

MW

Quote from: Jack B on July 20, 2017, 06:04:47 PM
4503 - Wright Eclispe Gemini

Caught this from Solihull to town on the 5. Beast! Had its cooling fans going for most of the journey. Never got to ride this at PB unfortunately. Fast doors and very nice whiny sounds from the engine. Good brakes and no rattling whatsoever, good suspension and very smart interior and exterior. Was empty for the whole journey. The nice thing about the Gemini's cooling fans is that they echo down tight roads. Going down Springfield Road you can hear it echoing. I recommend anyone who sees this to ride it!

10/10, nothing can beat a good Gemini!

Oooh I remember blasting it down Springfield Road. Loads of tight gaps. I was nicknamed by a load of kids as The Stig haha. The aim of the game when getting into any Gemini is to end your shift with the cooling fans blaring.

Jack

Quote from: MW on July 20, 2017, 06:18:25 PM
Oooh I remember blasting it down Springfield Road. Loads of tight gaps. I was nicknamed by a load of kids as The Stig haha. The aim of the game when getting into any Gemini is to end your shift with the cooling fans blaring.
Haha. The 5 and 31 are the best routes for Gemini thrash. Loads of tight roads. 4503 is a bus compared to 4639, which can hardly move.

MW

Quote from: Jack B on July 20, 2017, 06:34:21 PM
Haha. The 5 and 31 are the best routes for Gemini thrash. Loads of tight roads. 4503 is a bus compared to 4639, which can hardly move.

It's good around Monkspath. Nice empty stretches. And then between Shirley & Sparkhill like you're saying.

Sparkbrook to City is decent aswell. I don't know if I should say this here but screw it. Me and another driver would often get put on similar times and end up driving 'spiritedly' together . He was often the bus in front or behind on the Outer Circle, just by chance lol. Anyways this one time, we would race into City from Sparkbrook, and then out of City lol. Took up two lanes on Camp Hill island once blasting a 37 and a 5. 4656 was the one I was driving, he had an E200 MMC. Then I split off onto Bradford Street and he obviously went straight. First one to the markets lol. Then first one back to Camp Hill. The lights at the Bradford Street/High Street caught him on the 37 that time., and I came out of Bradford Street, cooling fans blaring, and first to Camp Hill. Lol good times.

Jack

Quote from: MW on July 20, 2017, 06:51:59 PM
It's good around Monkspath.
Tight down Highlands Road. Parked cars allover the shop, 4503 and 4640 funnily got stuck, resulting in 4640 reversing into some side street. Looked fun!

Trident 4194

4928 on the 24 today. What an excellent bus. Picked up speed well compared to others I've travelled on. Good smooth ride. Must say this is the best e400 of that series that I've traveled on. @John can you remember if 4928 was one of your favourites to drive at PB?

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 24, 2017, 07:44:40 PM
4928 on the 24 today. What an excellent bus. Picked up speed well compared to others I've travelled on. Good smooth ride. Must say this is the best e400 of that series that I've traveled on. @John can you remember if 4928 was one of your favourites to drive at PB?

To be honest, I can't remember what it was like. 4927 is a good one. Can't recall 4928 been a bad one though.

mranon

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 15, 2017, 09:44:36 PM

the b7s are much better picking up speed in my opinion. this certainly was a good one, but the gearbox is much better too, as retarder seems to come in smooth. its amazing how different an experience this was

Trident 4194

Quote from: mranon on July 24, 2017, 10:00:30 PM
the b7s are much better picking up speed in my opinion. this certainly was a good one, but the gearbox is much better too, as retarder seems to come in smooth. its amazing how different an experience this was

I don't travel on nx B7RLES, but I do regularly travel on diamonds. The only sluggish one diamond have is 30942

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk