News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Driver03

Quote from: WN on February 26, 2016, 01:48:09 PM
They were rattle free when they were first introduced. Almost a year old now so some rattles are surely to be expected
Whilst I agree in part, I think they shouldn't rattle one bit!

It frustrates me that ADL produce such shocking quality buses and everyone thinks "it's ok, it's normal" at the end of the day your car doesn't rattle and that only cost 20k so why should a 100k+ bus do it?

Give me a decent Wrights Volvo any day :)

Rant over :D

Mike K

Quote from: WN on February 26, 2016, 01:48:09 PM
They were rattle free when they were first introduced. Almost a year old now so some rattles are surely to be expected

Maybe so, but this was far worse than any 61, 13 or 14 plate BC E400 I've been on. I travelled on 5506 yesterday and that was almost entirely rattle free after more than 4 years.

CL

On the other side of the spectrum, I also sampled a ride on PE's newest addition, 3301. Left city at 16:19.

It was great ride in general. Smooth, quick when pulling off, rattle-free (for the most part), even had a WB driver do a double take... Aside from this I do feel the gangway is awkwardly narrow nearer the seating area of the saloon; I feel as if some grab handles may have been out of reach at times when the bus was in transit, despite the masses of them on board.

9 out of 10. ;)

Edit: Almost forgot about the awkward camera postitioning. Long story short, I don't like it.  ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

B.C Driver

4813 - travelled on this today, sat downstairs at back. Felt like the rear suspension had gone, very bouncey and felt every hole in the road.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Trident 4194

4712-48 what a great bus, very smooth and internally very good condition, picked up speed fast.

Liberator9

Well haven't done one for ages, and as this was my first Crimson Scania, worth noting. 1898 - very smart in its new livery; far cry from what it was before. Interior all cleaned and seating very well done up. Rode well and also seemed far smoother than my last ride on it last September in pre refurb state. Keep up the good work NX - fleet is looking the best I've seen it with the new buses/livery.

GeminiFan1991

4674 - A good Geminis!

It was quite quick, although I was on it for a frief brief while, I was impressed. It only rattled ever so slightly as it was gaining speed but that was present when the bus was idle.

Going through Gospel Oak on the 31 today, I'm consistently staggered how the bus moves around on those roads. I saw 1 person seemingly struggling to drive a Corsa and the Gemini effortlessly handled the roads.

Personal opinion of course but they're fine buses !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Squiz1971

4687 looking good in the new crimson livery & new seats.

Seems to be a bit sluggish when pulling off on occasions unless that was the driver
Great sounding engine & voith gearbox got into 4th a few times
The advertising area inside the bus between the windows & lights could do with a good scrub but otherwise a tidy bus
The doors did creak & groan when opening and closing as well

Generally I give it an 8/10 as it is sounding tired and cranky when braking but otherwise a cracking refurb look forward to sampling 4688 at some point

Sh4318

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 10, 2016, 07:03:52 PM
4687 looking good in the new crimson livery & new seats.

Seems to be a bit sluggish when pulling off on occasions unless that was the driver
Great sounding engine & voith gearbox got into 4th a few times
The advertising area inside the bus between the windows & lights could do with a good scrub but otherwise a tidy bus
The doors did creak & groan when opening and closing as well

Generally I give it an 8/10 as it is sounding tired and cranky when braking but otherwise a cracking refurb look forward to sampling 4688 at some point

Do they prefer them to the ZF Geminis?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Squiz1971

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 10, 2016, 07:24:41 PM
Do they prefer them to the ZF Geminis?
As much as I like the ZF Gem's the 4 speed voith Gem's to me personally are a welcome change from the norm like when the ALX400 bodied B7TL are on the 94 too.

As for the PB drivers I guess to them its the same as driving the ALX bodied variety but with an extra gear. Though I think the driver did find the braking strange as sometimes it was jerky braking when coming to junctions or the bus stops

Trident 4194

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 10, 2016, 07:31:49 PM
As much as I like the ZF Gem's the 4 speed voith Gem's to me personally are a welcome change from the norm like when the ALX400 bodied B7TL are on the 94 too.

As for the PB drivers I guess to them its the same as driving the ALX bodied variety but with an extra gear. Though I think the driver did find the braking strange as sometimes it was jerky braking when coming to junctions or the bus stops

That braking natural on crap e200s.

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 10, 2016, 07:59:20 PM

Braking on E200s is actually quire good according to a driver i know who drives them almost everyday  and says they're not too sharp not to weak

MW

Quote from: Dom on August 10, 2016, 08:09:46 PM
Braking on E200s is actually quire good according to a driver i know who drives them almost everyday  and says they're not too sharp not to weak

The brakes are weird on the MMCs. At the beginning nothing happens then as you press the pedal harder, all the braking force seems to come at once.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 10, 2016, 07:59:20 PM
What has that go to do with Gemini braking????

Trident 4194

6122- a crap mmc, very slow picking up speeds, and struggled up hills.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk