News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 21, 2016, 07:06:41 PM
"that annoying seat behind the driver has gone thankfully I can't stand it when some smelly bastard sits there you can't breath or when some toerag decides to blast there music out loud seriously infuriating I can tell you."

- Couldnt agree more, once had a guy sat in that seat talking loud on his phone, so infuriating. I kept thinking he'll probably get off soon, but he got on in Town and got off at the LAST stop!
The other 2 seats are just as bad at the front, you feel like you're being watched.  >:(

I hate that, you watch the doors close and have them staring at you like your looking at them!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 21, 2016, 08:14:58 PM
I hate that, you watch the doors close and have them staring at you like your looking at them!

I quite like sitting there ! I like to see how the driver drives the vehicle although I can see the intrusive nature the position of the seat brings
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

B.C Driver

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on January 21, 2016, 08:58:19 PM
I quite like sitting there ! I like to see how the driver drives the vehicle although I can see the intrusive nature the position of the seat brings

Yes, I'm one to talk. I used to always pick the front side seat on the Fleetlines, but watching the driver changing gears and pulling that large steering wheel round as it made hissing noises was more appealing than watching a driver on an E400.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

JoNi

Ah the days when buses had sideseats over wheelarches and buses didn't need signs not put your feet on seats!

CL

Quote from: JoNi on January 21, 2016, 09:12:44 PM
Ah the days when buses had sideseats over wheelarches and buses didn't need signs not put your feet on seats!
Loved them! Mind you, was more fond/accustomed to the Metrobus over the Spectra, which I know both had these seats; and I must say, I really do prefer the Metrobus's seating over the Spectra's. Speaking of Metrobuses and Tony's photo of 9959 today; I almost forgot to mention, I saw it come out of Carver Street (near Jewellery Quarter) and onto Hingeston Street. Made me remember when Metrobuses operated the 101!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on January 21, 2016, 10:20:16 PM
Loved them! Mind you, was more fond/accustomed to the Metrobus over the Spectra, which I know both had these seats; and I must say, I really do prefer the Metrobus's seating over the Spectra's. Speaking of Metrobuses and Tony's photo of 9959 today; I almost forgot to mention, I saw it come out of Carver Street (near Jewellery Quarter) and onto Hingeston Street. Made me remember when Metrobuses operated the 101!

In the proper old days Clayderman the Fleetlines had sideways seats over the front wheel arches. In fact the dual door / centre stairs NOV---G and SOE---H Fleetlines had a lower saloon seating layout more akin to a tube train than most modern buses. I do miss those days.

Liberator
Nope still haven't driven a Scania since its re,introduction here at west brom

Squiz1971

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 21, 2016, 09:06:55 PM
Yes, I'm one to talk. I used to always pick the front side seat on the Fleetlines, but watching the driver changing gears and pulling that large steering wheel round as it made hissing noises was more appealing than watching a driver on an E400.
Me too when I was younger used to love sitting on the side watching the driver change gears & struggle with the large steering wheel mmm the good old days.

@Mike K The DMS variants WMPTE purchased had normal seating with a side seat in the space where the centre exit door used to be. As for our dual doored Fleetlines there were side seats to the stairs/Centre Exit then normal seating beyond this.

Clayderman metrobuses never had the front side seat only rear side seats although I believe 6831 was the only metrobus to have this feature fitted

Dom

2083 - IMO these buses are crap but christ almighty this is the crapiest one to date. Slower than a sloth and rattles and whines more than a sprog. Having spoken to a driver he saod the brakes are shite and that when you take the handbrake off it takes about 5 seconds for it to be able to move. Door mechanism is shot and the stopping sign stayed on fully between Stourbridge - Wollaston - Merry Hill, also causing confusion for the driver since the bell was strangly quiet for a B7.

karl724223

Quote from: WN on February 16, 2016, 06:23:04 PM
2083 - IMO these buses are crap but christ almighty this is the crapiest one to date. Slower than a sloth and rattles and whines more than a sprog. Having spoken to a driver he saod the brakes are shite and that when you take the handbrake off it takes about 5 seconds for it to be able to move. Door mechanism is shot and the stopping sign stayed on fully between Stourbridge - Wollaston - Merry Hill, also causing confusion for the driver since the bell was strangly quiet for a B7.
if the bus had a brake problem it should have been parked up and driver notify Avl or garage of problem

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 16, 2016, 08:35:39 PM
Defective bus I believe, not allowed out of garage😜
if a bus had a brake problem at garage it would not have come out till until it was checked however if a bus develops a break problem In service that's different

Regardless of whether the bus is in service any issue with brakes you park up and seek advice from avl or garage even when the ABS light is on you get one chance to clear it by switching the engine then isolate the electrics wait 5 minutes , restart engine most times the ABS light goes out if returns game over back to garage , that's been my experience.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Ronnoc on November 21, 2015, 06:19:08 PM
, one of the only Tridents that has a really unique whine, just like 4370.

Unique then  ::)
Don't you start.

Mike K

I had my first experience of an E400 MMC today, 6104 on the 9. Whilst in many respects my impressions were favourable, I don't recall the last time I rode on a bus that rattled and vibrated so badly. It was shaking like a sh*tting dog.

I'm sure I recall reading some time back that ADL were aspiring to a "rattle free bus" with the new MMC.

I think not.

Dom

Quote from: Mike K on February 26, 2016, 12:45:50 PM
I had my first experience of an E400 MMC today, 6104 on the 9. Whilst in many respects my impressions were favourable, I don't recall the last time I rode on a bus that rattled and vibrated so badly. It was shaking like a sh*tting dog.

I'm sure I recall reading some time back that ADL were aspiring to a "rattle free bus" with the new MMC.

I think not.

They were rattle free when they were first introduced. Almost a year old now so some rattles are surely to be expected

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk