News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara4352

4197 This bus does have a good Kickdown but is god awfully slow with the doors looked an eyesore as it is currently unrefurbished but as tony said a while back they wont be for while
Passenger Comfort 3/10
Suspension 2/10
4198 same but worse so a big fat zero
4357 Love this bus lovely smmoth 10/10

Trident 4194

4425- absolutely fantastic bus. Has this had a re trim recently as the old twm seats are in immaculate condition! Great

AV4248

4273: Another favourite of mine. Would seem like a normal Volvo ALX 400 to everyone else but it seems to do everything fine. Rides well, still looks great after its repaint/refurb and a little unique with its different sound when the stop button is pressed. 8/10

@Trident 4194 - Totally agree with you about 4425 went on it a few weeks ago. One of the best Tridents I've been on IMO. Wonder if any others are as good as this from this batch? Mind you I don't really end up on the 03 plate Tridents that much anyway.

domino.99

6122 - Having had most if not all of PN's E400MMC's this is by far the WORST. Overall it had the basic elements of a MMC, but when the platform was raised it sounded as if it was going to snap in half as it sounded really strained. The doors squeaked like mad and were quite slow. For the first time on a mmc I heard rattles from the rap poles.

Overall not the standard we've had across them all so far.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on August 06, 2015, 06:57:29 PM
6122 - Having had most if not all of PN's E400MMC's this is by far the WORST. Overall it had the basic elements of a MMC, but when the platform was raised it sounded as if it was going to snap in half as it sounded really strained. The doors squeaked like mad and were quite slow. For the first time on a mmc I heard rattles from the rap poles.

Overall not the standard we've had across them all so far.

That's the only pe mmc I haven't been on. 6120 is my favourite.

866- absolute rubbish, why do these vibrate so much? It is appalling they are slow in my opinion. I actually want mercs back on the 244 now. They are disgraceful, the amount of rattling for a new bus

1447- what a contradiction to a 15 year old + bus. It was absolutely fantastic and the driver seemed to enjoy driving it. They are so smooth, and no vibrations and almost silent when stationary. These could last another few years if needed. I like the indicator noises and plenty of space.

Liberator9

Must say, had 1447 a few weeks back and was a good bus for it's age. 1440 was great as well  :) Very glad AG have the MMC 200s as opposed to the normal E200s!

Liberator9

1913 - Excellent Scania - suspension was perfect and gearbox and engine very smooth. Very little rattling as well. Internally still very neat (some seats have new pads) and externally as well.  10

AV4248

4294. Beautiful bus. Does everything well, and still looking the business after refurb/repaint. I noticed that the floor at the back downstairs has been redone, seemed to stand out quite well. Occasional roar of the cooling fan here and there but wasn't too bad. Quite a lot of exhaust fumes coming out of the exhaust however. 9/10

4733: Quite a decent bus really, still can't believe how quick these are to accelerate, remarkable when compared to the Mk2 Enviro 400's. Shame about the annoyingly sticky floor, and the strange sounding cooling/heating system at the back upstairs. 8/10

Liberator9

1923 - Looking smart at the front with a new red front (with the silver light panels retained) - also very neat in the interior. Suspension excellent and very smooth running. Virtually no rattles as well. 10/10

2203 - First ride on this one - has the start stop system fitted which was used a few times. Looking very smart - suspension fine. Squeaking coming from a loose fitting and a bit rattly on potholes. However could certainly move at a pace! 8/10

1943 - Probably one of the few opportunities to get a Scania on the 37 now. Interior still neat - stop buttons all been replaced and no etching/vandalism either. Exterior looks tired though - the headlight covers even look tired out, unlike the YW ones. Very solid however - not much rattling when hitting potholes. Suspension was fine, but not as smooth or assured as most of YW's 19XX batch Gearbox/Engine still good though. 7/10

GeminiFan1991

4641 - What to say ! I was most impressed with its speed, DAMN this thing flies down the road, I got at Erdington and off at Stechford which normally takes 20 minutes but I got there in 10 ! A nice combination of dead service, green lights and no one wanting to get off. The odd bump was noticeable but you can't really expect a faultless smooth ride from a 10+ Tonne vehicle !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

I had 4641 the other day - great Gem! Was on the 5 and could really move along, smoothly. Just needs a refurb.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2015, 11:47:36 PM
I had 4641 the other day - great Gem! Was on the 5 and could really move along, smoothly. Just needs a refurb.

The interior could do with work buts its an aging vehicle. I still can't get over its speed. The driver almost looked possessed !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

Yeah - I had a fast driver as well and it could really move.

MW

Look out for 4649, that's another rapid and sounds beautiful!

The Real 4778

Quote from: Dom on August 06, 2015, 06:57:29 PM

For the first time on a mmc I heard rattles from the rap poles.

What do these do/ where are they?
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk