News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: BusFan on July 03, 2015, 11:42:43 PM
Feel bad for not remembering the fleet number but I rode my worst Gemini today. As it approached me, I could tell something was off and as I rode it, my fears were confirmed ! It made this annoying whirring sound like a Plaxton would.

4639 is the worst one I've ever driven. If you ever get a chance, try it and see how slow it pulls from stop.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on July 03, 2015, 11:48:08 PM
4639 is the worst one I've ever driven. If you ever get a chance, try it and see how slow it pulls from stop.

Thanks, I'll keep that noted,

I have two 11 journies tomorrow, heres hoping I get something a lot better ! The Plaxton on my way home was better but damn it was hot inside (Presumably the engines running all day)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: BusFan on July 03, 2015, 11:53:23 PM
Thanks, I'll keep that noted,

I have two 11 journies tomorrow, heres hoping I get something a lot better ! The Plaxton on my way home was better but damn it was hot inside (Presumably the engines running all day)

Plaxtons seem hotter inside to me aswell. I had 4027 today around 7ish (expected 4521 but that was swapped for some reason, probably a late running bus replaced on time by 4027).

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on July 03, 2015, 11:55:15 PM
Plaxtons seem hotter inside to me aswell. I had 4027 today around 7ish (expected 4521 but that was swapped for some reason, probably a late running bus replaced on time by 4027).

I was sat at the bottom all the in the back so that may have been it. I checked the NXWM app and I saw a 5 minute wait for an 11C, as I walking up to the stop, the bus was pulling away and I had a slow 15 minute wait ......  >:(

Trident 4194

4870 on 997: wow these things can go fast when they want too, unfortunately i didn't get a leather e400 but it was a pleasant surprise. The interior was smart. We did arrive late even thought the driver was putting his foot to the gas.

CL

2202. Great ride, though, driver left city with Birmingham on its blinds. Also, spotted two spotters so far.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

AV4248

Thought I'd start posting my bus reviews on here...

4425: Very impressed by this. Can never get bored of Tridents in particular ZF ones. No complaints here, a nice jerk from the gearbox in the higher gears and a great sounding engine. 10/10

4651: Good all round bus looks brilliant in red and white just come out of paint. Decent ride. Cooling fan came on occasionally wasn't too loud though. 8/10

6715: First Platinum bus was very impressed. Look very smart these do, was rather impressed by the amount of legroom. Pretty fast these things are too. Don't think the next stop announcement was working properly kept scrolling Solihull Station and one of the passenger doors had a rather loud slam each time it closed. Few let downs but didn't spoil the ride too much. 9/10

Liberator9

2218 - Very good - only a few days in service and obviously looking smart. Suspension was very good - far cry from the previous incarnation E200s. Barely any rattling - well built. Quick at pulling off - fast buses they are. 10/10

2205 - Third ride on a 200MMC - good as 2201 and 2218. Again, could really pick up speed. Very smooth suspension and little rattling. Only thing is perhaps the engine vibration felt at the back through the floor. But very minor and didn't notice it after a while. 10/10

They really are good buses - best ADLs I've ridden actually - by the sounds of it they're good to drive - although of course the only thing is perhaps the turning circle isn't as impressive as the Scanias. Anyway they continue to surpass expectations.

Trident 4194

1627- terrible merc- seating uncomfortable, find the mk2 series much more comfortable. Vibrating and rattling badly from the rear, and although a refurb a few odd cushions. The engine compartment was making a horrible noise every so often that scares the s*** out of the passengers.
2/10

632- wow I love b6s, I was particularly happy as it was ex 636 one, so I was familiar with it. Slow off the mark as expected, legroom abysmal as expected, but I can't help but really enjoying riding on them. There overpowered engine, the handbrake noise. I love them
10/10

4020- wasn't as big a fan of spectras as I was off b6s and b10s, I think it's because there dAF powered. I do like them more than mercs and yesterday it was being driven quite quickly, engine had a nice roar, not much rattling. I would not moan about these if they were on my local route.

Unfortunately didn't get b10 so can't post

AV4248

1613: Fantastic Merc will miss this one when it's gone. Fantastic engine nice and loud and does have some good acceleration. Looking a little tired now but it's great that it's still in service for now considering it's spent most of its life at WB. One of the best Merc's IMO. 9/10

1867: First Crimson Scania, Nothing special in my opinion. Drives well, little bit of rattling though. Appearance is really good, the seat trim seems to suit the grey-ish interior. Caught my attention that its fleet number is applied on the rear blind box at the back, wonder if any other Scania's are like this? 7/10

4503: Really like this one been a while since I've seen it in service and last week I end up on it twice! Both rides were great albeit spoilt by the persistent roaring of the cooling fan. Lovely whine from the engine though and can certainly get up to a good speed. Could do with a refurb and if it wasn't for the cooling fan full marks would be scored here. 8/10

BK63 YWP

4301: seemed to struggle alot on the 935 earlier to the point that it took a while to pull off. Wasn't that bumpy, pretty smooth ride and doesn't rattle too much.

5/10

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

GeminiFan1991

2220 - This was my first E200MMC. Didnt know what to expect but what was surprised, it makes this whining noise. 1 thing I noticed is that it picks up speed well. I wish I could say more although I was only on it briefly.

Sh4318

I still can't get over my ride on 4489 on the 94 last year. The Geminis are really a class above
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ronnoc

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 28, 2015, 06:47:11 PM
I still can't get over my ride on 4489 on the 94 last year. The Geminis are really a class above
A lot of them vibrate so much I can't even focus on what I see on my phone.

Sh4318

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on July 28, 2015, 07:01:44 PM
A lot of them vibrate so much I can't even focus on what I see on my phone.

Can't say I've ever experienced that
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk