News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2015, 08:39:06 PM
There is no air conditioning on NXWM buses

Ok cool air being pumped out like liberator said, but it was very efficient and made 865 sound like an aeroplane. My apologies Tony

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 08:40:43 PM
Probably just cool air being pumped out of the ventilation system - must've been set on the coolest settings. Surprised the Platinums don't have Air Con actually on that point.

There is no settings either on an E200. Air Con is expensive on fuel and virtually useless on vehicles with opening windows

Liberator9

That's true - not as if the UK suffers long periods of warm weather anywhere to warrant the use of air con ;) So how is the heating controlled on the E200s - is it switched on/off in the depot (I know some buses have that design) or is there just a button for passenger heating.

Trident 4194

What was the cold air on the bus then and the noise?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2015, 08:54:48 PM
What was the cold air on the bus then and the noise?

Presumably it just like a car, you turn the heating off and cooler air is sucked into the car.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BU07 LGO

I think its all automatic, the only controls the driver can alter are for the cab fans/heater

Liberator9

@BU07 LGO

Thanks - sounds right - the E400s and 400MMCs seem to blow out cold air as well on warm days - notice at the front on the upper deck, coming from the small grilles, cold air coming out. Have know the occasional Trident do it as well.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 27, 2015, 10:41:45 PM
@BU07 LGO

Thanks - sounds right - the E400s and 400MMCs seem to blow out cold air as well on warm days - notice at the front on the upper deck, coming from the small grilles, cold air coming out. Have know the occasional Trident do it as well.

Yeah the mk2s enviros are always blowing something out lol, it's really loud upstairs at the back

Liberator9

@BU07 LGO

Haha yeah - if I sit upstairs at the front of an MMC on warm days, there's a constant whistling!

BU07 LGO

It's annoying from a spotters point of view yoy can't hear the engine!

GeminiFan1991

I've yet to ride an MMC  :o although I've had the privilege of sitting in the drivers seat of 1 !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

1671 MERCEDES 0405N EVOBUS,  had a quick ten minute ride on one of hockley garage few surviving mercs, bodywork not the best, oh dear the interior is awfull what's left of the original moquette all faded and thread bare not good at all. The ride was smooth driver obviously just cruising being on time, I could hear some light rattling from rear axle. Engine/gearbox sounded in good health as well,
For the merc fans make the most of them they,ll be gone before you know it.

GeminiFan1991

I had a good ride on the Outer Circle, from Erdington to Stechford on the 11A. Got to know the route a lot better, was tempted to get off by Wellhead Lane to see PB but thought better of it. 4063 is a good Plaxton, picked up speed well and moved well, it kept up with the Geminis which is always good.

Liberator9

Two to add today

6717 - First day out in service - certainly better than the E400s they've replaced. Good at pulling away and cruise along smoothly. Suspension is very good - certainly noticeable improvement. No rattling and very smart internally/externally. 10/10

2201 - I'm a big Scania lover, and will miss them on the 37. However these more than match them. Suspension is excellent - much improved from the previous incarnation of the E200. No rattling in passenger area - very small one up front from the screen but hardly noticeable. Fast moving - acceleration is better than the E400MMCs. Voith gearbox was very smooth as well. Interior is very airy and smart - exterior stylish - they look far better and larger in the flesh than in photos. Only thing is that taller passengers may not like the rear seats which like the Scanias, have little legroom. The good thing is that it feels like a big bus, and not like a long dart. 10/10

GeminiFan1991

Feel bad for not remembering the fleet number but I rode my worst Gemini today. As it approached me, I could tell something was off and as I rode it, my fears were confirmed ! It made this annoying whirring sound like a Plaxton would.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk