News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

4287 - This is my first B7TL AlX400 so I didnt know what to expect although I instinctively thought it'll he like a Trident but my what a sutprise ! It was smooth like a Gemini and the extra row of seats a head of the stair case was good !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

The Real 4778

4496 haring along the expestway on the 904E.
Mechanically a really nicely conformed bus.
Interior very faded. Outside clean and tidy.

PB why are you hiding such generally decent buses back?
Don't you start.

Ronnoc

4375 - A bus that I have caught every now and again. First of, the interior is alright, could do with a refurb and a retrim. The suspension was as usual, not really impressive with bumps. The bodywork seemed strong and had no rattles. The driver never went over 20mph and it was making a line of cars on Kings Heath High Street.
Suspension 6/10
Bodywork 9/10
Gearbox 8/10
Overall 8/10

GeminiFan1991

4068 - The driver nailed it through the eastern half of the outer circle and for a Plaxton, it moved well. It picked up speed as well. And I thought Plaxtons were slow
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: BusFan on June 20, 2015, 10:22:59 PM
4068 - The driver nailed it through the eastern half of the outer circle and for a Plaxton, it moved well. It picked up speed as well. And I thought Plaxtons were slow

4062-64 are noticeably quicker than others. There's a handful of surprisingly quick ones. Same with Geminis, 4517 feels noticeably slower to 4524. Every bus is different I suppose.

Even today most buses are basically hand assembled with automation where possible that's why to me no two buses are ever exactly the same each one IMO has its own unique character

For me any way the biggest variances in a particular vehicle type currently from my point of view must be Alexander ALX400 B7TL then PLAXTON President B7TL

From the past I know a lot of people look at metrobuses through rose tinted specs let me tell some needed the can of petrol and some matches treatment

The Real 4778

Quote from: BusFan on June 20, 2015, 10:22:59 PM

Plaxton Power!

;)
Don't you start.

Sh4318

4756 - Spent most of the journey wishing the gearbox was Voith... and that the upstairs fan would stop blowing... and the rattling on the roof would stop. I do love the Euro 4 Enviro 400s, I must just be so used to them now that they don't really impress me anymore. 6/10

6705 - These buses are very good. The extra leg room was useful, the seating was great, so much so that I felt myself sliding down my feet on several occasions, this bus can go, even on 30mph roads, the acceleration was noticeably quick. Ultimately, the engine is boring, from an enthusiast point of view, it took me a while to get used to the Euro 5 Enviros, but I don't think I'll ever come around to Euro 6. Wi-Fi was quick, although disappointingly I couldn't watch YouTube videos, still wish it had plug ports but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The inside branding was excellent, something NX could learn for their normal (non-platinum) branded services. 8/10

873 - Considering the 46 goes straight past my house, I very rarely ride these. All I hear is people complaining about them, but from this example, I can't see the problem. Comfortable ride, didn't seem fast at all, but it was probably due to the driver. Not really any problems with rattling or shaking, apart from one of the windows on the left with the 'another brand new bus for you' sticker. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna do a full trip on the 900 on one of these, but for the services they serve, they seem fine. 7/10

4754 - Much better in all departments than 4756, seems quite bland though, which is strange for an Enviro. I just think Voith wipes the floor with ZF on the Euro 4 Tridents, this is an enthusiast opinion of course. 7/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ronnoc

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 25, 2015, 09:53:45 PM
4756 - Spent most of the journey wishing the gearbox was Voith... and that the upstairs fan would stop blowing... and the rattling on the roof would stop. I do love the Euro 4 Enviro 400s, I must just be so used to them now that they don't really impress me anymore. 6/10

6705 - These buses are very good. The extra leg room was useful, the seating was great, so much so that I felt myself sliding down my feet on several occasions, this bus can go, even on 30mph roads, the acceleration was noticeably quick. Ultimately, the engine is boring, from an enthusiast point of view, it took me a while to get used to the Euro 5 Enviros, but I don't think I'll ever come around to Euro 6. Wi-Fi was quick, although disappointingly I couldn't watch YouTube videos, still wish it had plug ports but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The inside branding was excellent, something NX could learn for their normal (non-platinum) branded services. 8/10

873 - Considering the 46 goes straight past my house, I very rarely ride these. All I hear is people complaining about them, but from this example, I can't see the problem. Comfortable ride, didn't seem fast at all, but it was probably due to the driver. Not really any problems with rattling or shaking, apart from one of the windows on the left with the 'another brand new bus for you' sticker. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna do a full trip on the 900 on one of these, but for the services they serve, they seem fine. 7/10

4754 - Much better in all departments than 4756, seems quite bland though, which is strange for an Enviro. I just think Voith wipes the floor with ZF on the Euro 4 Tridents, this is an enthusiast opinion of course. 7/10
The ZF's sound much better when the kickdown function is used.

Trident 4194

865- I'm growing fond of these, they are very quick when once they reach 25-30 mph, the seats are comfortable and in good condition. Also the air conditioning unit seems to be very effective in the warm conditions, brakes a bit jerky but not dangerous.

8/10

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2015, 08:11:09 PM
865- I'm growing fond of these, they are very quick when once they reach 25-30 mph, the seats are comfortable and in good condition. Also the air conditioning unit seems to be very effective in the warm conditions, brakes a bit jerky but not dangerous.

8/10

Air conditioning unit? is that the new name for the opening windows?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2015, 08:20:24 PM
Air conditioning unit? is that the new name for the opening windows?

No air conditioning, blowing air out under the seats I was wearing shorts and could notice the difference!

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 27, 2015, 08:37:21 PM
No air conditioning, blowing air out under the seats I was wearing shorts and could notice the difference!

There is no air conditioning on NXWM buses

Liberator9

Probably just cool air being pumped out of the ventilation system - must've been set on the coolest settings. Surprised the Platinums don't have Air Con actually on that point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk