News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

@Sh4318 Sorry, I mean 4276! I'm not with it this afternoon!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 21, 2015, 04:25:14 PM
Add 4271 to that list. 4504 too, but I've grown fond of that bus
4504 sounds a bit weird from the inside. It gets really hot. I remember after I recorded 4504 on both trips I made I felt pretty hot.

MW

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 21, 2015, 01:33:31 PM
I used to have the displeasure of hearing it on a regular basis. The only Gemini that I was glad to see the back of

It's been like that for ages weirdly. Seen it for the first time since it's back a few days ago, knew instantly it was 4518.

Sh4318

4698 - I can't believe this is the first time I've ever been on this bus, it's a very typical demonstrator, showing some of the ideas and changes that were made to the final design, decent turn of speed, comfortable ride, just a bit of annoying rattling, but this bus certainly has personality. I wonder what will happen to it when Euro 3 engines are no longer allowed to enter the City Centre. 7/10

4640 - Has all the components to be perfect, just needs a refurb, desperately, very good turn of speed, cleared Shaftmoor Lane in no time. 8/10

4674 - The opposite to 4640 in some respects, one of the best internal refurbs I've seen, cooler came in a couple times, a bit of annoying rattling, but a very unique and interesting whine. 8/10

4177 - Engine sounds incredible, as always, very good refurb, light blue interior still shows its age though, very fast bus. 8/10

4661 - The best gemini of the day, couldn't find fault with it, fit for any service, never mind the 11, nippy bus, comfortable seating, no signs of rattling or harsh suspension. 9/10

4250 - Shocking ex PB transfer, I don't know what's worse about this bus, the constant window rattling, the annoying idle noise, or the colour coming off the poles, very disappointing bus. 5/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liberator9

Funny enough I had 4698 yesterday - really is a nice bus - there is some rattling/squeak from down by the cab area. I'm sure it will just work the 76/18/49 ,or the 84 if they think a single decker is not enough.

Ronnoc

4698 might be used for the 18 when the Euro 3's are not allowed in the city centre.

B.C Driver

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on April 22, 2015, 08:01:13 PM
4698 might be used for the 18 when the Euro 3's are not allowed in the city centre.

Or the 49 or 76.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

The Fox 4846

Maybe the 84 as it only requires one bus
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Liberator9

Maybe - but I'm sure YW would easily be able to keep it occupied on the 18/49/76 - 84 is fine with a single decker really.

Alex

632- Ok, i guess(?), for a B6, rattles a fair bit, but i suspect that was more to do with the road surface than the bus itself, as even the sturdiest of vehicles shake on the roads round Willenhall, still trying to decide if i'll be glad to see these go or not

4527-Seems to rattle a bit on the Lichfield Rd, but other than that, solid bus, although a strange smell was noticable when stopped, and in dire need of a refurb, but overall decent                                       
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

GeminiFan1991

Went on my first E200 today (806 I think) and talk about rattle ! Surprisingly shakey but somewhat nippy.

Also went on a Gemini 4645 and it just cemented my belief that Geminis are the best in the fleet. Such a massive vehicle moving gracefully and so smooth is something to behold.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Sh4318

4525 - I spent the whole journey shocked about how good this bus actually is. The longer the ride went on, the more I resented AG for taking it off us. Great engine, nice and fast, suspension flawless, no rattle whatsoever, most comfortable ride of the day. I presume this one's due for a refurb very soon, so it's a 10/10 for me.

4723 - Engine fine, typical euro 4 with whines and a good turn of speed, suspension ok, not the finest 47**, noticeable rattling, messy blue interior with etches and overall dirty. 6/10

4170 - most of the rating is due to these batch of Tridents being my favourite type of bus. Driving was pretty slow, although this didn't bother me, rattling got annoying and suspension was poor. But it's Voith so 7/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MW

Quote from: Sh4318 on May 18, 2015, 07:38:05 PM
4525 - I spent the whole journey shocked about how good this bus actually is. The longer the ride went on, the more I resented AG for taking it off us.
[/quote
Except you nicked it of us and now it's back home :P

Liberator9

4944 - Route 957 - Like 4946, very good. Some rattling upstairs from the front panel, but other than that everything solid - Looking smart as well. Suspension was very good - even fine over Old Lode Lane bumps. Smooth running engine/gearbox - actually fast moving as well when needed; flying along Small Heath Highway! Must say I quite like the E400s now - better made than the E200s.

Ronnoc

4698 - I caught this for the first time ever, it was on the 6 today as a slightly unusual working. I must say this bus is really unique, the obvious part is that is never came with a batch and it is a demonstrator but there are so many differences. In most areas there is no rattling, the driver had some difficulty with the wheelchair ramp to let a disabled person off. There does need to be some more bars and better placed stop signs. The doors nearly does not make a single sound when it opens and closes. The engine was loud and growly, the cooling fan did come on from time to time. The interior was much like an ALX400's one and on the whole it is a good bus.
Gearbox - 7/10
Bodywork - 6/10
Suspension - 8/10
The bus itself - 8/10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk