News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 08, 2015, 06:46:42 PM
A few old bus reviews today

620- just how I remember the b6s when at pensnett, they are absolutely stunning vehicles. I admit they are not the fastest and the legroom is not great, but the sounds that these things produce is amazing. The driver was not thrashing it, but it was reaching 20 mph. The indicators still make the sound. Today I have relived my childhood, just wish they would come back to pensnett. Way better than the Mercs

4002- quite lucky to find this on the 82, it was being driven extremely slowly unfortunately, but it had a nice noice, suspension was good, seat trims remind me of the old West Midlands buses. Back seats were a bit hard to sit on, and not that comfortable for an hour. Very good- but not outstanding

B6s are better than Mercs!!

Have to see if 582 remains at PE for the next couple of days @Trident 4194 , would be lovely to see it on the 243/4 one final time.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 08, 2015, 06:56:20 PM
Have to see if 582 remains at PE for the next couple of days @Trident 4194 , would be lovely to see it on the 243/4 one final time.

Hopefully it will

mranon

GeminiFan1991

I must admit, I'm quite a fan of Geminis. Their sheer size as well smooth ride make for quite the ride, Tridents have always looked reliable in my eyes (I just see them all the time).
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

4946 - Enviro 400 - 957 - Excellent E400 - no rattling, suspension very good and looking smart internally and externally. Engine/gearbox smooth, although they aren't exactly the fastest at pulling off. 10/10

6126 - Enviro 400 MMC - 50 - First ride on one of these and must say they are excellent. They stand out in the streets due to their design and livery - a lot of people looking up at them and commenting. Smooth running, and noticeably faster than the Euro 5 bunch actually. Suspension is good - firm but handles the rough roads well. No rattling either.

Sh4318

4956 (on the 87) - hard to believe this is the first time I've got on one of WBs new(ish) Enviros. The Euro 5 Enviros really do grow on you, handled bumps on Smethwick High Street really well, decent suspension, very little rattle, seems very well built, engine sounds great, does seem slower than its Euro 4 counterparts, not a patch on the Geminis quality wise, but I definitely favour them ahead of the Geminis just for the engine sound, 8/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ronnoc

4340 - Caught this on the 18 yesterday and the bus was amazing. There were hardly any rattles and minor squeaks. The interior and the painting wasn't in good condition and deserves a repaint, there is no logo at the front. When it was on Yardley Wood road the driver decided to speed it up all the way to 46mph despite the really bendy and hilly road. Bodywork is good. Interior and exterior both needs a refurb. 9/10

Squiz1971

Quote from: Matt on February 23, 2015, 07:40:40 PM
4226 - caught this on the 127 on Saturday, bit slow pulling off and it didn't like the Portway Hill, old seats as well but what I liked about it was the way it sounded, possibly a dodgy rear axle causing some nice sounds as it accelerates. 8/10

4565 - caught this on the 1 last night, now I have never heard a Trident sound like this, another dodgy rear axle I think but this one was LOUD. It almost sounded like a Spectra. Definite 10/10... quick clip of it on my phone: http://youtu.be/1pTqd2w0t2E?t=3m23s

4226 sounds like a classic metrobus with a worn planet gear its an awesome sound, have caught this a few times either on the 127/128 or 129 depending which route it happened to be working on. I agree its slow to pull off but makes up for it with the axle sounds 9/10

Trident 4194

4637- great Gemini, I'm a fan of geminis anyway but this one was really fast. Yes the cooling fan is always on and slightly annoying, interior not good!

7/10

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on April 17, 2015, 06:25:03 AM
4340 - Caught this on the 18 yesterday and the bus was amazing. There were hardly any rattles and minor squeaks. The interior and the painting wasn't in good condition and deserves a repaint, there is no logo at the front. When it was on Yardley Wood road the driver decided to speed it up all the way to 46mph despite the really bendy and hilly road. Bodywork is good. Interior and exterior both needs a refurb. 9/10

How do you know it was doing a precise 46?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 17, 2015, 04:19:15 PM
I was going by the cab to get off at the next stop and I noticed in the cab the bus was doing a little over 45.

Tony

Do you know Yardley Wood Road LS?

There is no way you could safely drive a bus down there at that speed

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 04:29:55 PM
Do you know Yardley Wood Road LS?

There is no way you could safely drive a bus down there at that speed
I literally felt that it was going to topple over when it went up the bend on the hill next to the garage.

winston

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on April 17, 2015, 04:27:17 PM
I was going by the cab to get off at the next stop and I noticed in the cab the bus was doing a little over 45.

Are you sure it wasn't 45kph rather than 45mph?

Tony

Hi LS, now I know a lot of drivers think Traffilog is a spy for management to use against them, but obviously if a complaint was made to the company that a driver was doing 16mph over the speed limit the driver would be called in for a 'fact finding'.

Here's where Traffilog comes in, you see the fastest 4340 got up to at anytime during the whole of the 16th April was 36mph. The fastest I can find on Yardley Wood Road is 28mph!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk