News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Some more to add:

4369 - Shed of a Trident - destination box cover squeaks and rattles like mad. Suspension not very good either - like a rock going over the road humps. Engine and gearbox were fine - although couldn't really much else than the rattling. In an increasingly tatty condition - will be improved once refurbished soon. 5/10

4740 - Brilliant Enviro 400 - 76 - in great internal/external condition. Doesn't rattle - engine/gearbox smooth. Suspension was very comfortable - much better than the Tridents. Heating was also very warm for an Enviro 400. No reason for not giving it 10/10

1927 - Take Two! After the last failed trip, turned up for me again. Brilliant all round - suspension is perfect. No rattling either - interior and exterior smart still. Engine/gearbox all working correctly this time and no door problems - although YW did get it out not long after its glitch. 10/10

1922 - Haven't been on 1922 for a while but hasn't changed. Smooth comfortable ride. Looks smart internally and externally; at least YW have used some smart blood red paint on a new front panel. 9/10

1921 - Same as 1922 really - bit of rattling from a loose roof side panel but sure it will be fixed back in pretty soon. 9/10

Noticed this week that most of the YW fleet have had their wheels cleaned - certainly the E400s and Scanias have. Good idea to do that as enhances their appearance.

Look forward to trying one of the MMC Enviro 400s on Saturday.

domino.99

6103 - Honestly the best bus i've ever rode. 10/10

CL

Quote from: NXDom on March 11, 2015, 08:11:32 PM
6103 - Honestly the best bus i've ever rode. 10/10

despite failing on first day of service? lol, i'm only joking.

I guess we all have our own preferences for the MMCs. Mine is 6101, here's my review:

Quote from: clayderman on March 10, 2015, 08:32:01 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on March 10, 2015, 07:43:20 PM
Quite a few passengers I've heard say that they're quieter, roomy and better. you could even smell the newness!

I caught 6101 this morning. I could definitely smell something 'pleasant'... A bus equivalent to new car smell?  :P

Brilliant bus(es) - I hope I can catch them to school most mornings... Of course a 100% chance when all 22 are in service. I agree with some statements, regarding the cooling fan(?), my opinion: It seems a tad bit loud, though, it shouldn't really 'block' speech, so to speak, no pun intended. It did seem a bit too warm, though, nonetheless pleasant. It is very spacious, compared to the Euro 5 version, especially around the door... The interior did seem stupendously well-lit...

What's more, he driver was awfully friendly, and quite talkative to his passengers, seeing as the new cab door 'protrudes' outwards slightly, giving a more sociable, and an approachable feel to it. We exchanged thanks when I got off my stop. Other passengers' reaction were mostly, if not, all positive, from what I could see...

I have a day off school on Friday, so I hope I can spend the whole day on some MMCs, and possibly a cheeky round trip.  ;)

Overall, I'd give this bus a whopping 9/10, despite the ever so slightly askew (in my opinion) temperature, and the relatively loud cooling fan.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

4196 alxander alx400 dennis trident2, refurbed not too long ago from appearances, it's rare for me to travel on one of these , engine sounded like it means business powerful like, smooth gear changes, front flatform, cab area fair amount of rattle standard for alexander, front suspension going over rough road didn't feel the best, standing near the front wheels I could feel something not quite 100%, a lot of the interior plastics looked really clean bonus I say, considering it's nearly 15 years old not bad really 5/10

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on March 18, 2015, 08:57:14 PM
4634 - just caught this on the 61, absolute beast of a bus, powerful engine and really loud ZF sounds particularly when pulling away with kickdown, would recommend to any Trident fans, probably the best NX Trident I've been on.

Sounds good. I can't recall going on it since its AdBlu upgrade. It has always been a fast one, mind.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

4044 - This bus is a great example of a President in my opinion. NX grey seat trim, decent suspension, comfortable, a bit of rattling but nothing that would make you think this bus is over 15 years old. It looks no older than an ALX 400 on the inside. The journey was a typical 89 bus ride, a near empty upper saloon and the passenger who realises too late that the 89 takes an entire different and less direct route to Cape Hill than the 87. 8/10

4504 - Despite the very apparent issue of the cooling fan constantly being on, this one isn't bad at all. Very quick bus (cleared Hagley Road very quickly) good suspension, comfortable despite being ZF. The cooling fan and bad rattling does let it down though. 6/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on March 23, 2015, 04:51:30 PM
4194 - caught this on the 241, looks great on the outside and inside, nice whine from the engine and pulls away quite quick. Second favourite Trident at PN...

You best not take my trident.

4800- what a good bus, driver was thrashing it, and down mucklows hill was incredibly quick, will be a shame to see them go, much prefer these too new number 9s

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on March 23, 2015, 06:44:07 PM
You can keep it, 4193 is mine

Last time i checked it was property of West Midlands Travel Ltd..... ;)

Tara4352

4194 on the 246 the otherday good but not over the top
8/10

Stu

I wouldn't normally contribute to this thread, but just wanted to make one observation:

AG 1950 - which I caught home from Sparkbrook on the 37 this evening. I've read comments here and elsewhere about the Scania Omnilinks being 'slow'... well, combine an expert driver with a bit of late running, and trust me, these things can shift when they want to (or at least when the driver wants to!).

Fast acceleration, and some smooth braking, once we got through the bad driving on the Stratford Road, and onto the Warwick Road and some clear stretches... any bus is only as good as the driver, in my opinion.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Travelled on YW's 4096 earlier this afternoon, on a 49 from Kings Norton/Druids Heath to Shirley - sat upstairs, and all I could hear was what sounded like something stuck in the bodywork above the lights rattling and rolling around, what on earth was it?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

@Stu

Funny enough I heard that on 4096 the other week - up near the front left? Sounds like there's something heavy rolling about.

bususer12

Liberator9

Few to add, including two Stagecoach Devon Enviro 200s - thought I may as well put them here  :)

37033 - Enviro 200 - Route 157 - Sidmouth to Exmouth - Great Enviro 200 - fast, smooth and barely rattled. Very smart externally and internally - despite working country routes not a panel scratched or out of place - true for most of the Stagecoach Exmouth fleet. 9/10

37031 - Enviro 200 - Route 157 - Exmouth to Sidmouth - Very much like 37031 - fast voith, smooth suspension and well built. Smartly presented. 9/10

NX809 - Enviro 200 - Route 58 - Good Enviro 200 again actually - bit rattly up at the front as these 62 regs are, but other than that nice bus - still smartly turned out, and suspension was good. 8/10

NX4910 - Enviro 400 - Route 957 - Fast one this - picked up speed well, smooth riding suspension and just some rattles up at the front. Cooling fan kicked in a few times, and actually made an unusual whining sound compared to most cooling fans.

Trident 4194

A few old bus reviews today

620- just how I remember the b6s when at pensnett, they are absolutely stunning vehicles. I admit they are not the fastest and the legroom is not great, but the sounds that these things produce is amazing. The driver was not thrashing it, but it was reaching 20 mph. The indicators still make the sound. Today I have relived my childhood, just wish they would come back to pensnett. Way better than the Mercs

4002- quite lucky to find this on the 82, it was being driven extremely slowly unfortunately, but it had a nice noice, suspension was good, seat trims remind me of the old West Midlands buses. Back seats were a bit hard to sit on, and not that comfortable for an hour. Very good- but not outstanding

B6s are better than Mercs!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk