News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Tony on December 09, 2014, 07:53:12 AM
Quote from: andy on December 09, 2014, 01:54:23 AM
Quote from: don on December 08, 2014, 11:37:38 PM
Not sure where the problem arises in NXWM - Poor spec? Maintenance issues? Inadequate driver training? I'm very curious about this!! You can't compare them to a B7RLE as they are larger (and no doubt more expensive) vehicle.

There are a handful of P reg mid life refurbished SLF Darts still operating inter urban services here and they are really very smooth with reasonably rattle free and decent interiors - I guess it's down to the mid life refurb and decent maintenance.

Mid life overhaul? There isn't much round here that gets one of those anymore. Not since the Tyburn works went really. A new set of seat covers and a lick of paint, and in the case of the ALX's it took many of them 13 years and being reduced to fleapits on wheels to get that. One can only assume NX think they are going to get 26 years of service out of them if this is what they call a midlife overhaul these days!!

And before anybody gets on my case I spent 2 years travelling backwards and forwards into town on 4284 and its friends.

Next year will hopefully see a much more systematic approach to which vehicles get retrims/repaints. The rest of what Tyburn Road used to do is normally done by exchange components at garage now.

What happens in the service support bays at Walsall & West Bromwich now is not much different to what Tyburn Road used to do other that Tyburn Road always used to fit a refurbished engine, they are now only replaced when they break!

I seriously hope they never allow this next fleet to get into anything like the same state, the facilities certainly do seem to have improved but I have to say the standard of some of the refurbs has gone south recently so I guess we will see.

As others have said there still a large number of vehicles out there that got the new livery but no other treatment and are desperately in need of a facelift.

I'd be intrigued to know the cost of these service bays running round the clock as they have been for some considerable time now. Maybe this is where we can look for the cause of steep fares rises.

30940 diamond wrightbus b7rle, sat towards the rear, I do like the interior on this red moquette with Matt grey seat backs these look so much better than NX shiny grey seat backs. The grey and red does work rather well. Straight away you can see the interior plastics are of a far better quality no exposed screw heads. A very pleasant ride to be had only spoiled by the rattling from the fire extinguisher housing up front. The engine is smooth but muted imO. No strange noises from the drive train or suspension. Probably boring as hell to those who like whines and various other noises you might say this has no defining features. Oh well 8/10

Liberator9

4517 - Fresh out of refurbishment on the 11C this morning - looked brand new! Externally great with glossy paint and new wheel covers. Internally very smart with the new trim and also had a fresh, new trim smell to it. Even had some kids saying how it was like a new bus regarding the smell and look - credit to WA's work there. Hasn't changed since 2900 commented on it regarding how it was to drive. Suspension was superb, very smooth gearbox and engine, with no rattling in passenger saloon. Can't wait for the rest of the Geminis to be given the refurbishment treatment. Only disappointing thing is that WA had not removed some etching on the pointless upstairs "TV" screen at the front - NX may as well remove the things.   10/10 bus

4727 - Rare working on a daytime 76 board - nice refurbishment with glossy paint, and smart interior - quality job by WA. Suspension very good, along with gearbox and engine. Only thing was the annoying rattle from one of the rear upstairs windows. Other than that beats a Trident any day. 9/10

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 12, 2014, 04:32:58 PM
4517 - Fresh out of refurbishment on the 11C this morning - looked brand new! Externally great with glossy paint and new wheel covers. Internally very smart with the new trim and also had a fresh, new trim smell to it. Even had some kids saying how it was like a new bus regarding the smell and look - credit to WA's work there. Hasn't changed since 2900 commented on it regarding how it was to drive. Suspension was superb, very smooth gearbox and engine, with no rattling in passenger saloon. Can't wait for the rest of the Geminis to be given the refurbishment treatment. Only disappointing thing is that WA had not removed some etching on the pointless upstairs "TV" screen at the front - NX may as well remove the things.   10/10 bus

4727 - Rare working on a daytime 76 board - nice refurbishment with glossy paint, and smart interior - quality job by WA. Suspension very good, along with gearbox and engine. Only thing was the annoying rattle from one of the rear upstairs windows. Other than that beats a Trident any day. 9/10
Well, 4727 technically is a Trident but 4378 is something that obviously beats it, hardly any rattles at all unlike most ALX400s and good heating and was really fast 9/10. The heating on the Enviros are nice to be honest!

Liberator9

Few more to add from me

1917 - Pure excellence - no rattles, smooth engine, perfect suspension. Sat on the back seat and quite nice to have a foot warmer in the form of the metal plates on the back row floor which form part of the access to the engine etc. from the saloon. 10/10

4378 - Sorry; hardly any rattles? Sat upper deck front - the destination display cover was rattling like mad and squeaking - useless. Heating very good though, and the engine was a fast one. Suspension also did well. If there weren't the rattles would be 9/10, but down to 7.5/10

4719 - Good Enviro 400 - rattles a bit though and suspension not always the best. Engine & gearbox beats the newer versions though and looked very smart having been refurbished.  8/10

4107 - Not the best one - engine seems to cause a shaking at idle, or more like a jolting. Suspension ok, but rather severe on the road bumps. Presentation ok - window etching in heavy amounts on upper deck, and some seat backs darker, royal blue colour. 6/10

Not NX, but two Diamonds and a Green Bus - worth mentions though:

YJ10MFY - Worse Optare Solo SR Diamond have. Cooling fan constantly on, generating as much noise as a Gemini! Engine and gearbox pretty slow - although at least doing faster than previously. Suspension does well most of the time, and heating very good. Interior now has black smudges on panels near the back - probably due to the black smoke that leaked in a few weeks ago  :-\   Also some little vandals have stabbed holes into the leather on seatback, at rear. Rattles come from some loose panels + metal rattle now sounds at back, certainly when idling. 5/10

YJ10MFV - Great Solo SR in comparison. Engine sounds as it should, and performs well. Smart looking still, with suspension doing well in ride quality. Bit of rattling at times, but overall good bus.  9/10

GB922 - Wonderful bus - build quality obviously very good considering the way it is performing still and the lack of rattling. Powerful and smart looking. Ride quality beats a Trident anyday and the engine runs rings around the new Enviro 400s. 10/10

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 20, 2014, 08:19:06 AM
Few more to add from me

1917 - Pure excellence - no rattles, smooth engine, perfect suspension. Sat on the back seat and quite nice to have a foot warmer in the form of the metal plates on the back row floor which form part of the access to the engine etc. from the saloon. 10/10

4378 - Sorry; hardly any rattles? Sat upper deck front - the destination display cover was rattling like mad and squeaking - useless. Heating very good though, and the engine was a fast one. Suspension also did well. If there weren't the rattles would be 9/10, but down to 7.5/10

4719 - Good Enviro 400 - rattles a bit though and suspension not always the best. Engine & gearbox beats the newer versions though and looked very smart having been refurbished.  8/10

4107 - Not the best one - engine seems to cause a shaking at idle, or more like a jolting. Suspension ok, but rather severe on the road bumps. Presentation ok - window etching in heavy amounts on upper deck, and some seat backs darker, royal blue colour. 6/10

Not NX, but two Diamonds and a Green Bus - worth mentions though:

YJ10MFY - Worse Optare Solo SR Diamond have. Cooling fan constantly on, generating as much noise as a Gemini! Engine and gearbox pretty slow - although at least doing faster than previously. Suspension does well most of the time, and heating very good. Interior now has black smudges on panels near the back - probably due to the black smoke that leaked in a few weeks ago  :-\   Also some little vandals have stabbed holes into the leather on seatback, at rear. Rattles come from some loose panels + metal rattle now sounds at back, certainly when idling. 5/10

YJ10MFV - Great Solo SR in comparison. Engine sounds as it should, and performs well. Smart looking still, with suspension doing well in ride quality. Bit of rattling at times, but overall good bus.  9/10

GB922 - Wonderful bus - build quality obviously very good considering the way it is performing still and the lack of rattling. Powerful and smart looking. Ride quality beats a Trident anyday and the engine runs rings around the new Enviro 400s. 10/10
I've been on 4719 and the ticket machine is all the way in the disabled area, it was too slow and it stank. 4378 might've gained a few rattles.

John

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 20, 2014, 09:41:15 AM
I've been on 4719 and the ticket machine is all the way in the disabled area

All of the '07' Enviro400s are like that. When they were on the Suttons, I always thought what a strange place for the printer. It was also quite funny when people couldn't find their ticket . Another difference are the seats behind the stairs on the lower deck are sideways, but not fold up seats, whereas the '57' Enviro400s have them facing the front

trident4370

Most of the 35 passengers have got used to the ticket machines now, but when you see one on the 50 nobody has a clue where the ticket is!

domino.99

Quote from: trident4370 on December 21, 2014, 01:08:33 AM
Most of the 35 passengers have got used to the ticket machines now, but when you see one on the 50 nobody has a clue where the ticket is!

Is it like that on every Normal bus on the 35?

Ashley

Quote from: John on December 20, 2014, 10:23:58 AM

All of the '07' Enviro400s are like that. When they were on the Suttons, I always thought what a strange place for the printer. It was also quite funny when people couldn't find their ticket . Another difference are the seats behind the stairs on the lower deck are sideways, but not cold up seats, whereas the '57' Enviro400s have them facing the front

Think PB adjusted those seats sometime before the batch transferred to YW

Having never been inside a 07/57 plate enviro 400 trident2, I assume these came with blue interiors, so lower Seating arrangement  not standard on this batch then. Ticket machine location seems like an after thought.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley on December 21, 2014, 09:45:43 AM
Quote from: John on December 20, 2014, 10:23:58 AM

All of the '07' Enviro400s are like that. When they were on the Suttons, I always thought what a strange place for the printer. It was also quite funny when people couldn't find their ticket . Another difference are the seats behind the stairs on the lower deck are sideways, but not cold up seats, whereas the '57' Enviro400s have them facing the front

Think PB adjusted those seats sometime before the batch transferred to YW

Isn't it like it on omnicities

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2900 on December 21, 2014, 10:51:55 AM
Having never been inside a 07/57 plate enviro 400 trident2, I assume these came with blue interiors, so lower Seating arrangement  not standard on this batch then. Ticket machine location seems like an after thought.

The 57 plates have the standard seating positions (ie seats behind the stairway are facing forward unlike the 07 plates) and have the ticket machines in the correct place

trident4370

Quote from: NXDom on December 21, 2014, 08:12:46 AM
Quote from: trident4370 on December 21, 2014, 01:08:33 AM

Is it like that on every Normal bus on the 35?

Nah, most people can just see the normal ones when they get on.

Trident 4194

Went on a 4 branded omnilink- I can't believe how slow these things are, especially when they make so much noise. Nice exterior, a bit grubby interior. When I went on the 37 (AG) I never experienced as much noise. Doors are also very slow.

5/10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk