News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 01, 2014, 07:42:48 PM
4340 - Nice Trident - best suspension on a Trident I've had for a while, and engine/gearbox smooth. Bit rattly at times, and the heaters on the upper deck useless, as usual on Tridents. Sadly the unique engine sound it was making has now been eliminated.  8/10

4651 - Suspension superb - engine and gearbox relatively smooth, and a fast Gemini. Very few rattles; just some minor rattling at the rear of the lower deck. Interior needs refurbishing now badly - the trim is worn out. Most of AG's need doing - they would be even better if the interiors were of a higher quality. 8.5/10

1930 - Warm, few rattles and suspension excellent. Smart internally and externally - just what you want on a cold evening in December - 10/10
4340 was on the 76 today, I was on it at 7:30-7:45AM. Was it today that you have taken a ride on it?

Liberator9

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 01, 2014, 05:41:57 PM
BC 4318 - Absolute sack of crap. When I caught it was of Sunday evening, bus is slow (only felt like about 25 down Bristol Road), stinks of urine and all round unpleasant journey. 3/10 Overall.

I asked the driver weather he was early and driving slow, but he said he was flat out all route, just a crap bus haha.

Never used to be that bad. Used to be a good bus at WN. Used to be very nippy

Ronnoc

Quote from: Nathan on December 02, 2014, 02:41:45 PM
BC 4318 - Absolute sack of crap. When I caught it was of Sunday evening, bus is slow (only felt like about 25 down Bristol Road), stinks of urine and all round unpleasant journey. 3/10 Overall.

I asked the driver weather he was early and driving slow, but he said he was flat out all route, just a crap bus haha.

Hmm, some of the Tridents are starting to get a little sluggish and dirty.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 02, 2014, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: Nathan on December 02, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

Hmm, some of the Tridents are starting to get a little sluggish and dirty.

...although not as slow as E200's may I add.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

4905 - Comfortable to travel on, but scary-ingly slow on roundabouts. I really am surprised an RTC hasn't happened on these E400's. Surely the company's fuel bill is of excuse for the slowness of these buses & the health and safety of passengers? - even from the upper saloon the bus felt grounded, little rattles and smooth over smooth roads. Damping is a little poor off speed bumps unfortunately which ruined the ride.

Comfort - 6/10
Drivetrain - 0/10

Overall I think from a passenger perspective this bus is about 4/10, and that's being generous.

Piss poor buses to be honest. In addition, the late 49's (4941 etc) are much better with better gear setup.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

4963 Freya, had this for a long stint got to give a it good work out and have a nosy around, I still can't get round how spacious the enviro 400 compared to the gems even upstairs there is more legroom,warm through out the bus good heating while it works, up on moving away straight away I,m hit with this annoying squeak from the over head radio console which I sorted with wedging bits of newspaper here and there, cab door rattles aswell not good, more rattling from saloon door area.
On the level at no point did the engine go over 1500 rpm can't believe it on an incline i did manage 1600 rpm. Over taking is a new challenge I went overtake a gemni on the dual carriage way it seemed to take for ever so now you have to think twice about it in one these, bloody gutless. I did notice you can see through the n/s mirror without obstruction. I thought these had voith gearboxes this has a zf fitted.
Engine:it's smooth and quite no issues
Gearbox:yes the ecu is set up to change gears quickly, another annoying fault under braking the box sometimes changes down carrying the bus forwards so your having to brake harder last time I experienced that was in Lynx not nice at all.
Retarder: very good
Brakes:good
Suspension: front axle load of shit, poor damping, hopeless on speed bumps
Steering :good
Body:5/10
Chassis:2/10 being generous me thinks

823 what a f##king piece of dog turd should have gone straight to Pvs barnsley from the ADL factory by pass passenger service all together.
ADL please contact the Volkswagen and Audi group on how to assemble vehicles you might just learn a thing or two.

just realised put my comments in the wrong thread sorry.

Ronnoc

An Enviro I went on which was on the route 50: First of all the engine wasn't healthy, there was a kind of ruler sound and it was rattly. The heating is worse then the older Tridents and the bodywork is just rubbish.
Bodywork 0/10
Chassis 0/10
Heating 1/10
Comfort 1/10

Overall 0/10! I am not just posting bad about Enviros, there are some ALX400s that are getting a bit weird like 4360.

Trident 4194

1629- my now favourite merc. Grey moquette interior, fairly warm, exterior quite smart, bit slow as are all Mercs. Overall I'm not fans of Mercs but this one is ok, far from perfect however
Bodywork 4/10
Chassis 2/10
Heating 3/10
Comfort 6/10
Interior 6/10

If you take in to account the mercs are 15 years old they are not that bad when YOU consider the enviro 200 is as bad straight from the factory, brand new the mercs were just awesome machines you CAN never say that about any ADL SINGLE DECKER.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2900 on December 08, 2014, 05:56:10 PM
If you take in to account the mercs are 15 years old they are not that bad when YOU consider the enviro 200 is as bad straight from the factory, brand new the mercs were just awesome machines you CAN never say that about any ADL SINGLE DECKER.

Yes i know I wasn't comparing to e200s, just general single deckers. Look at the Walsall volvos they are in really good condition considering there age.

yeah i agree the WRIGHTBUS B10L,s have faired much better than most single deckers still excellent. May be one should be sent to ADL so they can strip it down and learn how to build a quality bus.

Ronnoc

Quote from: 2900 on December 08, 2014, 06:25:25 PM
yeah i agree the WRIGHTBUS B10L,s have faired much better than most single deckers still excellent. May be one should be sent to ADL so they can strip it down and learn how to build a quality bus.
Agreed! After all that rubbish they have been building since the ALX200/300/400 stopped being produced. The box design appeals to most other bus lovers then curves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk