News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2018, 08:46:02 PM
Before you edited your post, it said mainly.
No I never edited my post, if I had it'd say I edited it and the time I edited it bellow
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on May 23, 2018, 08:47:17 PM
No I never edited my post, if I had it'd say I edited it and the time I edited it bellow
That doesn't always happen. Sometimes I make a small edit to my posts it doesn't always say that I edited and the time I edited it below.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2018, 08:48:49 PM
That doesn't always happen. Sometimes I make a small edit to my posts it doesn't always say that I edited and the time I edited it below.

It always says edited and the time if it has been changed like it does on your post above where I have just put a space bar in

Jack

Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2018, 08:56:57 PM
It always says edited and the time if it has been changed like it does on your post above where I have just put a space bar in
If you say so.

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2018, 08:56:57 PM

No it doesn't, if you edit it soon after it was posted.

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2018, 08:46:02 PM
Before you edited your post, it said mainly.

Definition of mostly, as per the Thesaurus:
generally, mainly

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/mostly

Really nothing to argue about here, they literally mean the same thing.

Jack

4688 - Gemini

Had this beauty on the 16:13 departure from Hassop Road to City. Sounds great, didn't struggle up Booths Farm Hill. Interior stills looks smart, exterior looking exceptional. Brakes good, doors quick and don't squeal, suspension a little bouncy. A real Gem! 9/10

Trident 4194

Been travelling on alx 400 B7TL all week for about 40 mins a day. Must say these are amazing vehicles and beat most tridents still in service. The powerful engines give them good acceleration and I must say are far smoother than the tridents. I've been on some with the old moquette which still looks alright to be honest as there quite a bright blue still. Will be a sad time when these dissapear. Good old Volvo make a great product here, and the Gemini's are as good. Put adl to shame really...

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 13, 2018, 09:02:42 PM
Been travelling on alx 400 B7TL all week for about 40 mins a day. Must say these are amazing vehicles and beat most tridents still in service. The powerful engines give them good acceleration and I must say are far smoother than the tridents. I've been on some with the old moquette which still looks alright to be honest as there quite a bright blue still. Will be a sad time when these dissapear. Good old Volvo make a great product here, and the Gemini's are as good. Put adl to shame really...

Very underrated vehicles
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

4693 - Gemini

Had this on the 907 from Sutton to Birmingham. The interior and exterior look smart, the bus looked smartly presented. Was quick when the driver put his foot down over the A34 flyover and underpass. Lovely warm heating throughout the vehicle. Suspension is fine, brakes a little noisy.
This one sounded more like a ZF Gemini over a Voith Gemini but that could of been because of the loud heaters.

8/10

DJ

4319 - Only had it for a short trip from Darlaston to Wednesbury on the 79 but even then, it went like the clappers, still has the original TWM moquette in pretty good condition and is fairly clean overall. 10/10 would veg again.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: StourValley98 on January 02, 2019, 06:29:33 PM
4319 - Only had it for a short trip from Darlaston to Wednesbury on the 79 but even then, it went like the clappers, still has the original TWM moquette in pretty good condition and is fairly clean overall. 10/10 would veg again.

Passenger: Driver, is the lad at the back of the bus ok? Seems to be not moving at all

Driver: I believe he is vegging, which is also know as a Busgasm 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

4672 on the 11 today. Cooling fans blaring away, haven't been on a Gemini this loud for a long time. Interior a bit of a mess, and not the quickest of buses picking up speed, but the cooling fans made up for that.

8/10

Trident 4194

732- on the 19 last night. These are so much better than the other stumpys. Got great power and vibrate a lot less than the other stumpys however they are still incredibly rattly. If only nx had more of them.

4435- on the 9 tonight. Incredibly fast and warm trident. All that you need from a bus. It's smart card reader wasn't working mind, which sped boarding up, and saved my bus pass its trouble of being rejected before eventually being accepted. 9/10

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 24, 2020, 09:23:54 PM
732- on the 19 last night. These are so much better than the other stumpys. Got great power and vibrate a lot less than the other stumpys however they are still incredibly rattly. If only nx had more of them.

4435- on the 9 tonight. Incredibly fast and warm trident. All that you need from a bus. It's smart card reader wasn't working mind, which sped boarding up, and saved my bus pass its trouble of being rejected before eventually being accepted. 9/10

Have these got Allison gearboxes? If so, that's probably why they perform better.

Allison/Cummins is a much better set up than Voith/Cummins.

If only Streetlites (Euro 5) came with an Allison option. They'd no doubt be a hell of a lot better than they are with the Voith set up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk