News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Arent they replacing the citaros which are supposed to be going to tamworth?  Talk about a drop in quality haha

Tony

Quote from: arrivadays on August 08, 2014, 08:09:55 PM
What?! :O 3 StreetLites for Telford?!

Yes!

On the subjects of Streetlites, the NXWM drivers in Glasgow were driving some of the First ones based there, and I asked their opinion of them. Only bad comments was they are useless on hills, of which Glasgow has plenty.
Asking one of First's managers about this he said it is just the way First have them set up for fuel economy. They have the same Cummins Engine and Voith gearbox as E200s, and are actually lighter, so in theory could be faster, and have a better build quality

Bob

Whats your opinion on the looks tony? Personally I think theyre possibly the ugliest thing on the market at present.  Hideous.  They sound much much louder than e200s. And kickdown a lot in the same way that sb200s constantly do

iamwilljh92

Currently sat on 2374 (FJ55 BWD) which has broken down just outside Kidderminster I knew there was something wrong with this particular bus when I was on it the other day

Busman Jamie

The 3 heading to Telford were the 3 origonaly due to go to Shrewsbury

iamwilljh92

Update:

2374 is still unwell!! Saw it today in Telford and it was blowing thick grey smoke out the exhaust it didn't appear to look very healthy at all

arrivadays

Hoping 2374 doesn't get withdrawn - it's the only one out of the FJ55 BW- batch that TF has left!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Busman Jamie

I doubt 2374 will be withdrawn, 8 year old bus, there's a lot of older buses which need replacing, if anything it would go to Leicester with the rest of the batch

arrivadays

Are the new StreetLites known to be designated for any particular route?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Busman Jamie

12's and the 3 citaros are to move to Tamworth

arrivadays

Oh no - why do the Citaros have to go?!

Bob

I dont think the streetlites will be anywhere near as nice to travel on

arrivadays

Currently on-loan 3010 (BJ12 YPV) is on 33/55 today.

winston

Quote from: Bob on August 16, 2014, 06:54:05 AM
I dont think the streetlites will be anywhere near as nice to travel on

Bob,

Forgot to forward these last night, taken at Heysham Docks:

Arriva Midlands 3301 – http://smu.gs/VvEtB9
Arriva Midlands 3302 – http://smu.gs/1m8oUpV
Arriva Midlands 3303 - http://smu.gs/1tblIOs

Bob

Christ they're ugly .....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk