News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

They really have to go by Feb 2015? I thought they'd legally keep! Besides, aren't the Scanias going by Feb 2015?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: arrivadays on November 20, 2014, 06:09:20 AM
They really have to go by Feb 2015? I thought they'd legally keep! Besides, aren't the Scanias going by Feb 2015?

The Scania's? Oh yes I bloody hope so old knackers there's nothing more I'd love seeing than 3468/3489 turned into coke cans although I know for a full on fact @arrivaaston would disagree

Bob

The scanias arent that bad! Theyre beasts! Powerful, and comfortable as well! I caught one of telfords handful of commanders last week BF52 OAD and it was awful in comparison.  Struggling to get up the hill by central station.  Incredibly noisy and rough

arrivadays

3717 is perfectly fine I think! The scanias are fab as well -- i just hope they do a last day like they did with the falcons!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

How many versa's will be left at telford once stafford get the extra 3? Im one of the few that actually dont mind them. Although they're a bit flimsy etc theyre pretty quiet and smooth. Id sooner do an interurban trip say to wolves on one than an sb200.  Id have a headache after 50min on that!

arrivadays

The Versas are really nice as well, unless they're hoovering really bad, in which case they'll make a massive racket.

Has anybody seen 3618 recently? Haven't seen it myself for a while - possibly gone to another depot perhaps? :/

Bob

3617/8/9 were regulars on the 70 along with 3606/9. All gone and in their place are threadbare awful commanders still branded up for route 1 & mpds. Fk52 mml on 70 today.  A bit of a downgrade :-(. At least the volvos were sprayed up and refurbished and smooth and a hell of a lot quieter than whats on there now.

arrivadays

I was talking more about if anybody had seen 3618 since it was in Telford... Not Cannock's allocations...

Bob

Its probably with 3617/9 wherever they are.  Head office possibly?  A right waste they were really good. 3619 was quite unreliable though it had lots of problems. 

tphi12000

Quote from: Bob on November 20, 2014, 10:41:10 PM
Its probably with 3617/9 wherever they are.  Head office possibly?  A right waste they were really good. 3619 was quite unreliable though it had lots of problems.
3617 is at wardles
Tony

arrivadays

Quote from: tphi12000 on November 20, 2014, 10:58:31 PM
Quote from: Bob on November 20, 2014, 10:41:10 PM
3617 is at wardles

Is it possible that 3618/9 are there/heading there in the near future?

Bob

How come if the volvos were "withdrawn from cannock due to being old and having 25% higher running costs than other buses' are they operated fine elsewhere?  I just wondered is it down to profitability of different garages? Or repairs budgets? Does it mean cannock cant afford to run them?

If you were presented with the opportunity to standardise on a type which is cheaper to operate, you would take it.

Depot performance is considered in respect of vehicle types, but wasn't the reason here. They are also rather impractical inside with a lack of bell-pushes and grab rails!

Cedric

is Telford Garage operating the new 101 Bridgnorth town service  taken over from whittles?
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on November 22, 2014, 04:57:03 PM
is Telford Garage operating the new 101 Bridgnorth town service  taken over from whittles?

Yes mate they are and so I believe on an indefinite basis 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk