News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

I must say - I was wrong. The new StreetLites are fantastic - they were really smooth (apart from the odd jerk from tickover straight back into drive); a very surprising ride for me! :)
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

cheshire exile

Quote from: arrivadays on October 12, 2014, 08:02:43 AM
I must say - I was wrong. The new StreetLites are fantastic - they were really smooth (apart from the odd jerk from tickover straight back into drive); a very surprising ride for me! :)

I have been saying for a while that the Streetlites are not bad. I have ridden the First Manchester ones many times and found them a good ride. Some people have a downer on them - but it is a bit personal i think.

tphi12000

B6 2613 is at Telford after brief spell with Wardles, noted on the 55 and now has all signs of branding removed.
Tony

Bob

Quote from: cheshire exile on October 12, 2014, 08:09:43 AM
Quote from: arrivadays on October 12, 2014, 08:02:43 AM

I have been saying for a while that the Streetlites are not bad. I have ridden the First Manchester ones many times and found them a good ride. Some people have a downer on them - but it is a bit personal i think.

Really noisy though compared with other buses. And sooooooo incredibly ugly

arrivadays

With the sighting of ex-CK 3618 on the 55 the other day, am I right in assuming that all 3 of the ex-Cannock Wright B10s are going to be moving to the Telford depot?

If so, could they quite possibly be the successors to the Scanias that are bound to be at the end of their lives?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Tony

Arriva have obviously taken a liking to the StreetLite

another 25 have been ordered for Telford depot, delivery due Jan/Feb 2015

arrivadays

Might be the replacements for the current fleet of 44 buses (59-plate Pulsars), or the old Cadets. 25 is a lot though! I wonder if they're the Max-specification, or a smaller variant?

staffsdave

around 6 more of the Streetlites are supposed to be coming to Telford earlier than expected (End of Nov/ Start of Dec) as 6 Versas are required to go to Stafford depot

Bob

Are the versas moving to sstafford to replace darts? Presumably therell be other buses cascaded as well when the streetlites arrive. I hope they dont send the 03 plate cadets to cannock to join the others!  As buses theyre ok but the legroom is ridiculous

arrivadays

How are you finding the legroom on the StreetLites, Bob?

Bob

It depends where you are on them to be fair. Toward the back where I saat isnt too bad but back seat legrooms next to nothing lol. Anyone noticed how the seats in the lower half are wider but the ones in the raised part are standard?

staffsdave

extra vehicles required for X25 service

Bob

What six of them??? How frequent is it gonna be? Youd have thought maybe pulsars for the X25, although versas are quite quiet tbf and have slightly higher backed seats than standard buses

arrivadays

3618 is still pottering around Telford; unusually working on a late-shift 55 tonight.

staffsdave

B6 2636 V236KDA reported to be recieving an MOT!! thought these were going by Feb 2015

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk