News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Do any of you take your bus/train interest any further?

Started by 4504, May 17, 2012, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh I see, I bet you make quite a bargain off selling the models.
I wouldn't mind a trident/B7 model myself  :)

Quote from: trident4370 on May 18, 2012, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: 4504 on May 18, 2012, 04:02:53 PM
Where do you get your models from, and what livery are they in?

The models I collect are pretty much mainly Northcord although I have a few Corgi Gemini's, and some Code 3 Travel WM's! I only tend to buy Travel/NX, Arriva, Stagecoach and First ones although I have picked up a few bargains at bus fairs and sold them at a profit on ebay ;) I tend to buy them from ebay and special bus days (ehattons.com also have some good bargains sometimes) but I always make sure they are in perfect condition first, you have to be really careful to check everything as there are some crafty sods about!

Quote from: windy miller on May 18, 2012, 01:09:40 AM
I was told years ago that if they are not perfect nobody's interested-is that true??

I wouldnt say no-ones interested if they aren't perfect because some people do custom Code 3's so if paintwork is poor it doesnt really matter, and people do buy them for spare parts ie mirrors and wipers etc. but if they are badly damaged it does reduce the value a lot!

D10

Well I guess I take my interest further to a more personal level as I work for NXWM so that is something. Also I will be attending Birmingham Pride on the 2nd June with other NX Bus Employees we will be in NX uniform and we will be taking a bus along too!

ilovetea4370

Quote from: 4504 on May 19, 2012, 02:34:59 AM
Oh I see, I bet you make quite a bargain off selling the models.
I wouldn't mind a trident/B7 model myself  :)

Nah I only make a couple of quid and I've only sold about 5 lol its not a regular thing just if I see an underpriced bargain ;)

There are ALX400 trident TWM models but they look more like B7 ALX with the smaller windows! I am at some point this year having a "Proper" TWM trident model (4370) made using a stagecoach bus but it'll be a while yet! So far the only Code 3 model that is near enough finished is 1420!

Nathan4775

Quote from: 4504 on May 19, 2012, 02:31:15 AM
It's actually very handy, I know the majority of frequencies and times off by heart, I have a bunch of Solihull and Sutton Coldfield timetables stashed away somewhere  ;)

I've spent this entire week taking videos and pictures of trains, I went to Birmingham International, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Adderly Park, Birmingham New Street and Marston Green  :)

I only take interesting pictures of buses, such as LED/dot matrix malfunctions and rare workings, unfortunately I couldn't get a photo of 2137 on the 58, I was going to get a photo of the Wall Heath turning circle, but I also missed that  >:(

Quote from: NathanJC on May 18, 2012, 06:51:27 PM
I take the odd picture of a bus/train,

Collecting timetables doesnt count as taking it futher does it

I was gonna take a quick photo on my BB but couldnt becuase I was gonna be late, but managed to grab fleet number, they look amazing on that route
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Justin Tyme

Another way of taking your interest further is to join an enthusiasts organisation.  You'll meet like-minded people, get newsletters or similar find out more about what's going on, and you can go on visits to bus operators.

I'm a member of the Omnibus Society.  There's a link on the home page of this site - have a look and go to 'Branches' then 'Midland'.  Anyone is welcome to try a visit, without obligation, to see what you think.

Sounds quite interesting. When and where is it?

Quote from: Justin Tyme on May 19, 2012, 10:10:15 PM
Another way of taking your interest further is to join an enthusiasts organisation.  You'll meet like-minded people, get newsletters or similar find out more about what's going on, and you can go on visits to bus operators.

I'm a member of the Omnibus Society.  There's a link on the home page of this site - have a look and go to 'Branches' then 'Midland'.  Anyone is welcome to try a visit, without obligation, to see what you think.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: 4504 on May 19, 2012, 11:41:05 PM
Sounds quite interesting. When and where is it?

Quote from: Justin Tyme on May 19, 2012, 10:10:15 PM

Click on this link: http://www.omnibussoc.org/.  Then click on 'Branches' then 'Midland'.

Ashley

I've got a collection of bus books and magazines. Ive got quite a few videos up on youtube of my journeys of NXWm buses along with a little tick book to tell me what buses in the fleet i have and havent been on. I've been collecting NXWM  tickets for the lat year, have a few timetables and i take pictures whenever i can, being a bus photographer sometimes doesn't go down too well with many people like bus drivers and other members of the public

What's your Youtube channel?
Really? Why doesn't it go down well with bus drivers? I've never had any problems with them
I've had a security guard come up to me when I was filming at Coventry who told me to ask permission to film, even though it's not recommended, I just do it anyway just so they know what I'm doing

Quote from: Ashley on May 21, 2012, 08:57:45 AM
I've got a collection of bus books and magazines. Ive got quite a few videos up on youtube of my journeys of NXWm buses along with a little tick book to tell me what buses in the fleet i have and havent been on. I've been collecting NXWM  tickets for the lat year, have a few timetables and i take pictures whenever i can, being a bus photographer sometimes doesn't go down too well with many people like bus drivers and other members of the public

Ashley

http://www.youtube.com/metrobusashley2779

i hope people will take a look at my videos and comment

well some just give you funny looks and many security guards are the same because of this issue over permission but i just carry on regardless

im looking to sell the books and magazines if anybodys interested

windy miller

4504 do you have any bus, or better still railway'ana?- My grandfather was a tinsmith in edwardian times. he used to make the guards lamps for the GWR. I paid £12.50 for a Great western railway solid brass cabside plate in 1967 which I bought from Swindon works. I sold it for £950  in 2001. Not a bad hobby is it-?? ;)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

I think I'm already subscribed to you, my channel name is madabouttransport
I've never had any problem with buses really, apart from being made fun of, but I don't really pay much attention to that.
Technically taking pictures on a railway line is ok, as long as you don't use flash and stay behind the yellow line, asking permission isn't required, but it is best to do this so you don't get bugged off security guards
What books and magazines were you thinking of selling?

Quote from: Ashley on May 21, 2012, 08:21:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/metrobusashley2779

i hope people will take a look at my videos and comment

well some just give you funny looks and many security guards are the same because of this issue over permission but i just carry on regardless

im looking to sell the books and magazines if anybodys interested

Do I have any bus or railway what?  ???

Quote from: windy miller on May 21, 2012, 11:21:14 PM
4504 do you have any bus, or better still railway'ana?- My grandfather was a tinsmith in edwardian times. he used to make the guards lamps for the GWR. I paid £12.50 for a Great western railway solid brass cabside plate in 1967 which I bought from Swindon works. I sold it for £950  in 2001. Not a bad hobby is it-?? ;)

windy miller

4504 Railwayana -collectables-how about horse brasses with railway company emblems?spoons? ect :) One thing you can do by the way, if you know what loco (70) is running the felixstowe-lawley St Freightliner this week (or any other week) can you let me know? may pop down to water orton later. many thanks.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

No, I don't have any collectables. No, I don't know. I'm more into commuter trains than freight

Quote from: windy miller on May 22, 2012, 04:29:16 AM
4504 Railwayana -collectables-how about horse brasses with railway company emblems?spoons? ect :) One thing you can do by the way, if you know what loco (70) is running the felixstowe-lawley St Freightliner this week (or any other week) can you let me know? may pop down to water orton later. many thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk