News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Do any of you take your bus/train interest any further?

Started by 4504, May 17, 2012, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondered how many of us take photos or videos of trains and buses, or take your interest further
To get the ball rolling, I'll start, I myself take photos of trains passing and stopping at trains as well as video footage of actually being on the train, as well as some video footage of buses. Mainly tridents  8)

MW

Aren't we all enthusiasts on this forum? I would have thought so.

Well yeah, but my question was, does anyone take their interest any further  :)

Quote from: Michael on May 17, 2012, 10:46:26 PM
Aren't we all enthusiasts on this forum? I would have thought so.

ilovetea4370

Does collecting models count as taking interests further? :P

windy miller

trident -out of interest -do you collect models of any kind? I expect there is a market for dinky toys esp in their original boxes! the only 'dinky' toy I have left is A 1954 Daimler ambulance that needs restoration- (well paintwork anyway) I was told years ago that if they are not perfect nobody's interested-is that true??
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Yeah, I guess so  ;)
Where do you get your models from, and what livery are they in?

Quote from: trident4370 on May 17, 2012, 11:08:44 PM
Does collecting models count as taking interests further? :P

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well I've had a picture of my favourite bus an Optare Spectra printed onto a T-shirt if that counts, and I've worn it to college today as fancy dress as I finished college today!

ilovetea4370

Quote from: 4504 on May 18, 2012, 04:02:53 PM
Where do you get your models from, and what livery are they in?

The models I collect are pretty much mainly Northcord although I have a few Corgi Gemini's, and some Code 3 Travel WM's! I only tend to buy Travel/NX, Arriva, Stagecoach and First ones although I have picked up a few bargains at bus fairs and sold them at a profit on ebay ;) I tend to buy them from ebay and special bus days (ehattons.com also have some good bargains sometimes) but I always make sure they are in perfect condition first, you have to be really careful to check everything as there are some crafty sods about!

Quote from: windy miller on May 18, 2012, 01:09:40 AM
I was told years ago that if they are not perfect nobody's interested-is that true??

I wouldnt say no-ones interested if they aren't perfect because some people do custom Code 3's so if paintwork is poor it doesnt really matter, and people do buy them for spare parts ie mirrors and wipers etc. but if they are badly damaged it does reduce the value a lot!

Nathan4775

I take the odd picture of a bus/train,

Collecting timetables doesnt count as taking it futher does it
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Bus collecting ive got over 60 bus and tram models and i used to have a model railway before sale. Ive got a lot of bus magazines and books not to mention the occasional timetable from 1998 onwards-a great discovery that i thought had been long since thrown away fascinating to look at as its got like every Bham route with maps etc and freuqncies. I also have a lot of online photos and my own scrap bus fleet with buses that ive repainted into ancillary vehicles ticket offices etc that i didnt like very much

Nathan4775

Quote from: Peter123 on May 18, 2012, 07:15:14 PM
Bus collecting ive got over 60 bus and tram models and i used to have a model railway before sale. Ive got a lot of bus magazines and books not to mention the occasional timetable from 1998 onwards-a great discovery that i thought had been long since thrown away fascinating to look at as its got like every Bham route with maps etc and freuqncies. I also have a lot of online photos and my own scrap bus fleet with buses that ive repainted into ancillary vehicles ticket offices etc that i didnt like very much

I forgot about my Bus mags  8) & the old timetables aswelll as the new ones
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

I obviously collect the numbers, do photo's when I get chance (although only novice) I also post the odd video on utube. I also mark which buses I've 'Been On' and will often travel by different routes to go on different buses. I try to go to rallys when I can although they seam these days to be somewhat 'lacking interset' on some occasions. If I had more time I guess I'd do a lot more than I do now.....Can't wait to be pensioned off  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Aha, that's very creative  :)

Quote from: wilmotm on May 18, 2012, 04:58:59 PM
Well I've had a picture of my favourite bus an Optare Spectra printed onto a T-shirt if that counts, and I've worn it to college today as fancy dress as I finished college today!

It's actually very handy, I know the majority of frequencies and times off by heart, I have a bunch of Solihull and Sutton Coldfield timetables stashed away somewhere  ;)

I've spent this entire week taking videos and pictures of trains, I went to Birmingham International, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Adderly Park, Birmingham New Street and Marston Green  :)

I only take interesting pictures of buses, such as LED/dot matrix malfunctions and rare workings, unfortunately I couldn't get a photo of 2137 on the 58, I was going to get a photo of the Wall Heath turning circle, but I also missed that  >:(

Quote from: NathanJC on May 18, 2012, 06:51:27 PM
I take the odd picture of a bus/train,

Collecting timetables doesnt count as taking it futher does it

Ah, I see, because I've finished university for the year, I have more time for spotting :), I'm currently uploading some train videos to my channel, what's your channel?

Quote from: 4006 on May 18, 2012, 07:21:09 PM
I obviously collect the numbers, do photo's when I get chance (although only novice) I also post the odd video on utube. I also mark which buses I've 'Been On' and will often travel by different routes to go on different buses. I try to go to rallys when I can although they seam these days to be somewhat 'lacking interset' on some occasions. If I had more time I guess I'd do a lot more than I do now.....Can't wait to be pensioned off  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk