News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM - Failed Driving Assessment

Started by MW, May 25, 2014, 12:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Question for all you folks working at NXWM.

Basically, I managed to fail my driving assessment twice. The second time I was just bloody nervous after the first time, and managed to curb the van. This was around 1-2 months ago.

Anyway, where do I stand now from becoming a driver. Is there a probation time that I have to wait for, or start a new application fresh, or simply banned from NXWM.

Was just thinking about it today, and it's kind of annoying. I know it's my fault and whatnot, but I really do want to have another shot. Third time lucky and all that!     

nitromatt1

Why did you fail the first time? If you don't mind my asking.

YWDriver

Your best bet is to give HR a call/email and ask them directly. I can't remember if there is a cooling off period before you can have another shot at it. Was the only reason you failed the second time due to the fact you curbed the van? I only ask because the assessment is more about can you follow instructions and be easily instructed, and speaking from personal experience, curbing it doesn't mean you fail the assessment.

andrew1991

Not 100% sure because my written assesment was in october, but i think you have to apply again in 6months, when they do the presentation some things you fail on will be 6 months and some will be 3 months, if you fail the medical with drink or drugs in your system you will never work for the company.

MW

Right

I will be ringing them up on Tuesday.

Yeah it's just for curbing. He did say it's about placing the vehicle etc. That van is rubbish anyway, I remember that annoying pipe or whatever in between the clutch and brakes which was annoying.

Gareth

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Michael on May 25, 2014, 05:10:42 PM
Right

Yeah it's just for curbing. He did say it's about placing the vehicle etc. That van is rubbish anyway, I remember that annoying pipe or whatever in between the clutch and brakes which was annoying.

Which van? @Michael The Iveco? Or Transit? 

MW

andrew1991

Quote from: Michael on May 25, 2014, 05:10:42 PM
Right

I had the iveco, can't remember a pipe though. But then i was looking at the road and the mirrors  ;D

Liverpool Street

There is a 6 month wait after failing. You should receive a letter detailing this.

However, there is a workaround. You COULD get your licence privately [You can do this in an automatic and get a manual licence, providing your car licence is a full manual C], then apply in less then 6 months time, as you bypass the van assessment and go straight into a bus.

I've known many a driver do this, providing you've the money - of course.

[Actually, sometimes the job centre pushes it that way, but it seems scum bags get everything.]

[And what's this about the company training drivers and then not giving jobs? It's all over the internet! Get googling]
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Michael on May 25, 2014, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: Gareth on May 25, 2014, 05:28:03 PM
Work man and tools ;)

Lol

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 25, 2014, 06:07:02 PM
Which van? @Michael The Iveco? Or Transit? 

Iveco

Ahh ok, never driven an Iveco, but driven Transits and they're fantastic, even 17 seaters are car like

andrew1991

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 25, 2014, 10:34:25 PM
There is a 6 month wait after failing. You should receive a letter detailing this.

However, there is a workaround. You COULD get your licence privately [You can do this in an automatic and get a manual licence, providing your car licence is a full manual C], then apply in less then 6 months time, as you bypass the van assessment and go straight into a bus.

[Actually, sometimes the job centre pushes it that way, but it seems scum bags get everything.]

[And what's this about the company training drivers and then not giving jobs? It's all over the internet! Get googling]

First time i've heard this, when they show the presentation they tell you that the training costs £8000 i think they say (seems like a lot) and if you leave within the first year you have to pay £1000 to cover training costs. So this sounds like a contradiction of what you're told when you apply.

Why pay for the training if they're going to lose out ?  :-\

MW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 25, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

The first time I failed, I got the letter saying wait 3 months.

This time, I got a letter simply saying failed. No time or no mention of being banned from the company or anything. So I'm not sure. What with it being the bank holiday, I'll have to ring them on Tuesday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk