News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

MC seems to have acquired (at least) three Scania Irizar i3s; former Menzies' YN64 FWX/FWY/FWZ
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

tphi12000

Quote from: CL on January 10, 2021, 09:04:50 PM
MC seems to have acquired (at least) three Scania Irizar i3s; former Menzies' YN64 FWX/FWY/FWZ
Should be 6 according to Derby bus depot webpage including YN64 FWU FWV FWW
Tony

mikestone

bustimes is consistently showing Olympian 96 on the 808 - anyone know if that's right, or has there been a ticket machine swop?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: mikestone on March 28, 2021, 10:31:31 PM
bustimes is consistently showing Olympian 96 on the 808 - anyone know if that's right, or has there been a ticket machine swop?
I'd say so yes, 96 is a regualr on school's from what I can gather!

BusMan Greg

As of the 19th of April, a new service 12E will be introduced between Lichfield & Burton which will bring new early morning & late night links to the area (The last trip off Lichfield is 2220). This service is semi-fast and misses out the villages of Kings Bromley & Yoxall! I'd imagine these journies are funded by the council?

Smethwickian

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 08, 2021, 07:43:06 PM
As of the 19th of April, a new service 12E will be introduced between Lichfield & Burton which will bring new early morning & late night links to the area (The last trip off Lichfield is 2220). This service is semi-fast and misses out the villages of Kings Bromley & Yoxall! I'd imagine these journeys are funded by the council?
Unlikely to be council-funded, as Staffordshire County Council withdrew funding for evening and Sunday routes well before the pandemic. The new early and late 12E journeys seem to tie in with potential 6am starts and 10pm finishes for workers in the various Fradley Park warehouses and distribution depots, and positioning the vehicle to/from Burton, so they're possibly commercial. If there were developer or employer funding it would probably be mentioned somewhere.

CL

Irizar i3, fleet number 26, on its first day in service
https://flic.kr/p/2m6rb3v

Trident 4194

Quote from: CL on June 19, 2021, 09:34:45 AM
Irizar i3, fleet number 26, on its first day in service
https://flic.kr/p/2m6rb3v

What nice vehicles they look!

mikestone

It was on the X12 today.

CL

Another acquisition for Midland Classic today: MCV EvoRa, BV21 OPM

Trident 4194

Those Scania irizars really do look outstanding vehicles. Managed to sample two of midland classics fleet today. President 105 on the 12 (what a great route that one is) and 92 on the 401 (very quick e400). Double deckers have some great scenery too. West Midlands is so dull now

mikestone

It is also reported they have acquired some from Sc/Irizar from Reading Buses too.
;

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 29, 2021, 07:53:36 PM
Those Scania irizars really do look outstanding vehicles. Managed to sample two of midland classics fleet today. President 105 on the 12 (what a great route that one is) and 92 on the 401 (very quick e400). Double deckers have some great scenery too. West Midlands is so dull now
The 12 is a lovely ride out! I'd sooner spend an extra half hour on that than the X12

metrocity

Quote from: mikestone on July 29, 2021, 08:17:32 PM
It is also reported they have acquired some from Sc/Irizar from Reading Buses too.
;
They've acquired all the Reading Buses ones. There are only 3 remaining i3's in the country I believe which MC dont own now.

Capitalpotter

I know London General have a few irizar i2s which are similar in appearance but are fully electric.
Can't understand why there aren't more as they're really well made and look good too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk