News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 24, 2020, 06:30:58 PM
Probably losing money with their really low fares
But that's what attracted people to the service.  The bus would be full by the time you got to Darlaston.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Pat on October 24, 2020, 11:31:01 PM
But that's what attracted people to the service.  The bus would be full by the time you got to Darlaston.

Problem is that if it can't cover its costs, then cuts need to be made.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 24, 2020, 11:42:54 PM
Problem is that if it can't cover its costs, then cuts need to be made.
It's strange.  They've been on the 334 for years and seemed to cope financially.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Pat on October 25, 2020, 12:09:47 AM
It's strange.  They've been on the 334 for years and seemed to cope financially.

Remember we're in a pandemic. Lots of businesses are having to make cuts.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 25, 2020, 12:26:18 AM

Rightly so, we've already seen countless operators go under. I'd rather see one (and a decent one at that, these days) making cuts, rather than closing completely.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 25, 2020, 12:26:18 AM
I understand that, but to cut a section of the route that is well used puzzles me.  If, like Tony said, it is a case of them not wanting to pay the fees for Bilston Bus Station, then why don't they terminate somewhere else, such as the War Memorial?

ellspurs

Quote from: Pat on October 25, 2020, 08:02:33 AM
I understand that, but to cut a section of the route that is well used puzzles me.  If, like Tony said, it is a case of them not wanting to pay the fees for Bilston Bus Station, then why don't they terminate somewhere else, such as the War Memorial?

Will the shortening of the route mean that they can use one less bus on it? May be part of the cost cutting.

l.murphy123

Is the 334 running to Bilston again? Saw a Thandi bus parked up in Bilston and its showing on bustimes.org (though I know that can be incorrect at times).
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

DJ

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 12, 2021, 07:05:53 PM
Is the 334 running to Bilston again? Saw a Thandi bus parked up in Bilston and its showing on bustimes.org (though I know that can be incorrect at times).

Yeah, they started running the full route again, I think back in December? I definitely caught a 334 from Bilston to Darlaston last month.

Pat

Quote from: DJ on January 13, 2021, 06:45:09 AM
Yeah, they started running the full route again, I think back in December? I definitely caught a 334 from Bilston to Darlaston last month.

What website/app is that that you've got there @DJ

DJ

Quote from: Pat on January 13, 2021, 10:35:12 AM
What website/app is that that you've got there @DJ?

It's a site called busmiles, where you can track your trips and fleet/livery completion. I've got access to it as a beta tester, I'm not sure if it's available for use yet though.

Stu

Quote from: DJ on January 13, 2021, 01:06:56 PM
It's a site called busmiles, where you can track your trips and fleet/livery completion. I've got access to it as a beta tester, I'm not sure if it's available for use yet though.

Just found it, yes registration is currently closed:
https://www.busmiles.uk/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

This video popped up on my historic media feed via Youtube.

It charts the start of Thandi post privatisation on the 555/556 in London area. Note the ex GMPTE Leyland National (with surviving steering wheel boss cover) and the double decker coach.

Both vehicles were used at their West Midlands operations too:

***Apologies if this isn't the right place to post - felt it better to post in context than another new thread.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

B61 ANDREW

Time goes so quickly. I think that the Neoplan looks more dated than the National .

Solo1

BC05RTV now with four ways coaches Chelmsford photo.on Flickr. Not my pic https://flic.kr/p/2mXWyYT E4 Photography
Is where I saw it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk