News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2020, 01:33:58 PM
Why are they too old? NX has 2003 Euro 6 tridents
Are Thandi's ones Euro 6?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 13, 2020, 03:14:15 PM
Are Thandi's ones Euro 6?

I very much doubt it, but it only takes about 4 days to convert a bus

CL

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 13, 2020, 01:42:22 AM
It seems that Thandi Executive have some ex-Dublin ALX400 B7TLs ...

I've counted seven in passing this morning - though, regretfully, I can only recall six of their registrations.

BC05 RVN/RVO/RVP/RVT/RVU/RVV

Managed to photograph four of them in Smethwick today; the other three later drove past me.

edit: the last appears to be BC05 RTV
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Pat

Quote from: CL on September 16, 2020, 10:18:54 PM
I've counted seven in passing this morning - though, regretfully, I can only recall six of their registrations.

BC05 RVN/RVO/RVP/RVT/RVU/RVV

Managed to photograph four of them in Smethwick today; the other three later drove past me.

edit: the last appears to be BC05 RTV
I take it these are for school contracts, or are they going to start doing rail replacements?

cris 99

they are  for the Sandwell Acadamy schools to help with social distancing i believe there are 9 or 10
17//72/73/97/X12

BBS

Has the timetable changed for the 53? I wait on Alum rock road and dosent show up.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Solo1

Quote from: bbs on September 17, 2020, 01:59:54 PM
Has the timetable changed for the 53? I wait on Alum rock road and dosent show up.
runs into Birmingham now

BBS

Quote from: Solo1 on September 17, 2020, 02:04:26 PM
runs into Birmingham now
I know that.Have the timings been changed?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

DJ

Thandi's 334 has been withdrawn from Bilston Bus Station with immediate effect, according to a TfWM poster there. It states that it will now only operate from Herberts Park, Michael Rd, Darlaston, to Walsall.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 24, 2020, 01:37:17 PM
Thandi's 334 has been withdrawn from Bilston Bus Station with immediate effect, according to a TfWM poster there. It states that it will now only operate from Herberts Park, Michael Rd, Darlaston, to Walsall.

Would this is possibly why I saw one running as a 334E yesterday? I followed one out of Walsall, but didn't see the front so didn't know what its destination was set as. I've looked at the timetable that is up (which seems to be the new one) and there's no short workings shown on it.

Westy

How come it's been changed?

Lack of passengers?

Lack of drivers, due to Covid?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 24, 2020, 04:06:38 PM
How come it's been changed?

Lack of passengers?

Lack of drivers, due to Covid?

Orb won't pay the departure fees for Bilston Bus Station?

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2020, 04:27:17 PM
Orb won't pay the departure fees for Bilston Bus Station?
How much are the fees? Or is that confidential stuff?

Pat

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 24, 2020, 01:37:17 PM
It's shown as doing a loop using Stafford St, Wolverhampton St, Hall St, Rough Hay Rd & St Lawrence Way to Darlaston Asda.

I'm quite puzzled as to their reasoning for this.  I used to use it often and it did pick up a fair few people between Bilston & Darlaston.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Pat on October 24, 2020, 05:21:00 PM
It's shown as doing a loop using Stafford St, Wolverhampton St, Hall St, Rough Hay Rd & St Lawrence Way to Darlaston Asda.

I'm quite puzzled as to their reasoning for this.  I used to use it often and it did pick up a fair few people between Bilston & Darlaston.

Probably losing money with their really low fares

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk