News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

YX10BEU as down as now T77ND & also YX10BEU down as T77NND

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on January 09, 2020, 07:50:19 AM
YX10BEU as down as now T77ND & also YX10BEU down as T77NND

T77 NND is ex YX10 BEO

Uptight

Thandi now have ticketer ticket machines.

Pat

Quote from: Uptight on March 02, 2020, 11:48:56 PM
Thandi now have ticketer ticket machines.
TfWM have definitely had something to do with this, as pretty much every operator now has them (except Travel Express, although I won't be surprised if they have them soon)

justlookingaround

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2020, 06:28:21 AM
TfWM have definitely had something to do with this, as pretty much every operator now has them (except Travel Express, although I won't be surprised if they have them soon)
The public inquiry into Travel Express had a mention saying they were getting ticket machines from TfWM, only a matter of time until it happens.

Steveminor

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2020, 06:28:21 AM

One of the deliverables of the bus alliance was the commitment from all participating operators to accept contactless payment by 2020.

This is why you are now seeing the wide & fast deployment of ticketer.
Given the operating system of ticketer is much better than their competitors that's why it is the go to choice across most operators

the trainbasher

Am I right in saying that the 335 near enough follows the old TWM 999 route from Manor Hospital to Walsall?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

sryan188

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 19, 2020, 05:33:29 PM
Am I right in saying that the 335 near enough follows the old TWM 999 route from Manor Hospital to Walsall?

No the 335 follows the anti-clockwise loop of the 335/336
The 999 ran Wolverhampton St, Pleck Rd, Ida Rd, Alumwell Rd, Moat Rd, Manor Hospital and then returned reverse of that route (see attached)

Pat

It always makes me wonder why the 335 is run under 'Corporate Express' rather than Thandi, even though they are more or less the same company.

ellspurs

Oh, those three/four digit route numbers. How I miss them.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: sryan188 on April 20, 2020, 06:09:39 PM
No the 335 follows the anti-clockwise loop of the 335/336
The 999 ran Wolverhampton St, Pleck Rd, Ida Rd, Alumwell Rd, Moat Rd, Manor Hospital and then returned reverse of that route (see attached)

Is there anyway of finding these old route maps?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Lukeee

Going off subject slightly in that old map picture there is a mention of a 402E, not been from Walsall I've never heard of this route, does anyone know where it went

Ash

Quote from: Lukeee on April 20, 2020, 08:18:33 PM
Going off subject slightly in that old map picture there is a mention of a 402E, not been from Walsall I've never heard of this route, does anyone know where it went

I would assume the 402E was the short working variation of the 402 which was Tipton to Walsall along with the 401 Bilston to Walsall. The West Bromwich to Walsall section got replaced with the 405 (45 today) . Hence why diamond bus Yew Tree service is called the 401E

D10

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on April 20, 2020, 08:01:43 PM

Is there anyway of finding these old route maps?

When the preservation season is finally able to get up and running, the museum shops at Aldridge and Wythall usually have numerous ones for sale, and you will be helping to provide very much needed income to them too.

Lukeee

Quote from: Ash on April 20, 2020, 08:48:23 PM
I would assume the 402E was the short working variation of the 402 which was Tipton to Walsall along with the 401 Bilston to Walsall. The West Bromwich to Walsall section got replaced with the 405 (45 today) . Hence why diamond bus Yew Tree service is called the 401E

Well you learn something new everyday, cheers mate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk