News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 09, 2019, 08:51:14 PM
So what would you do with the 53 then?
why does it need anything doing to it. It's a subsidised service provided to serve the roads it does as there's no commercial service.

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2019, 09:02:09 PM
why does it need anything doing to it. It's a subsidised service provided to serve the roads it does as there's no commercial service.
To increase passenger numbers. There was a reason why Diamond reduced the frequency to hourly a couple of years ago.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 09, 2019, 09:05:07 PM
To increase passenger numbers. There was a reason why Diamond reduced the frequency to hourly a couple of years ago.

Diamond didn't. TfWM did. They tender the service out.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 09, 2019, 09:05:07 PM

Do you know how tendered and commercial services work?

Bus companies register services they expect to make a profit.
Local authorities then subsidise tendered routes where they are regarded as being socially neccessary. Operators cannot just change these and taking them out of places without other services completely defeats the object of them running

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2019, 09:16:51 PM
Do you know how tendered and commercial services work?

By companies register services they expect to make a profit.
Local authorities the subsidise tendered routes where they are regarded as being socially neccessary. Operators cannot just change these and taking them out of places without other services completely defeats the object of them running
Thanks for the info. I actually was going to ask about this but I didn't want people to judge. I'm weird like that.

Bus Man K2

Hi Thandi is it possible please to update your Exclusive Coaches website as currently the 37 and new the new 53 bus timetables are not added to the website. http://thandicoachesuk.com/timetables/ al,so on this website it mentions that you operate the 311/313. this is not true as you withdrew it a few months ago. Could you please amend this.

Timetables

Q. What days does the service run

A. The 311 & 313 service runs from Monday to Friday and the 334 runs from Monday to Saturday (all three services do not run on bank holidays)

Thank you

Kind regards

Bus Man K2

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 12, 2019, 10:14:44 AM
Hi Thandi is it possible please to update your Exclusive Coaches website as currently the 37 and new the new 53 bus timetables are not added to the website. http://thandicoachesuk.com/timetables/ al,so on this website it mentions that you operate the 311/313. this is not true as you withdrew it a few months ago. Could you please amend this.

Timetables

Q. What days does the service run

A. The 311 & 313 service runs from Monday to Friday and the 334 runs from Monday to Saturday (all three services do not run on bank holidays)

Thank you

Kind regards

Bus Man K2

I don't think anyone from Thandi is on here

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2019, 10:43:51 AM
I don't think anyone from Thandi is on here

Hi Tony

Thank for the info. I tried to contact them through email but no reply so I though this would work but obviously not!!!   ;D

Bus Man K2

Westy

How the hell do you run a bus company if you CBA to answer passenger queries?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on November 12, 2019, 12:13:55 PM
How the hell do you run a bus company if you CBA to answer passenger queries?

So right.

Jack

The 311 and 313 haven't run in for ages, they were withdrawn in 2017...

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2019, 04:32:46 PM
The 311 and 313 haven't run in for ages, they were withdrawn in 2017...

They were withdrawn quite a time ago. I couldn't remember quite when. If you say 2017 then it must be that long ago!!!  Sadly nobody can get in contact with Thandi. I've tried. With no result.

mikestone

Isn't the 53 a different Thandi anyway?

Busboy105

Quote from: mikestone on November 12, 2019, 05:00:17 PM
Isn't the 53 a different Thandi anyway?
Yes and no. Evergreen Coaches operate the 53 which is part of Thandi.

Bus Man K2

Yse the 53 is operated by Evergreen which is indeed part of Thandi. So it should be shown on the website I posted earlier.

Bus Man K2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk