News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

What buses are Thandi using for 53

Solo1

Trident 4609

Evergreen have two all over white E200's (one's a classic, the other an MMC) from Mistral to operate the new 53 service (Birmingham to Smiths Wood). They're both still unprogrammed on the displays so are showing Mistral on the blind, 53 on a piece of paper. I assume they're both fresh arrivals over the weekend on lease?

SN66 WJY and YX18 KVR

Solo1

The 18 reg was with Kev's coaches used on the 38 service

Busboy105

Quote from: Nathan on October 28, 2019, 10:52:55 AM
Thandi/Evergreen have two all over white E200's (one's a classic, the other an MMC) from Mistral to operate the new 53 service (Birmingham to Smiths Wood). They're both still unprogrammed on the displays so are showing Mistral on the blind, 53 on a piece of paper. I assume they're both fresh arrivals over the weekend on lease?

SN66 WJY and YX18 KVR
I thought the 53 was hourly?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 28, 2019, 12:30:14 PM
I thought the 53 was hourly?

It is, what's the problem

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2019, 12:40:48 PM
It is, what's the problem
Why does it need two buses? Doesn't an hourly service require just one bus only?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 28, 2019, 01:20:38 PM
Why does it need two buses? Doesn't an hourly service require just one bus only?

It takes an hour each way, how would you run that with one bus?

Jack D

How is the reliability on the 53?

Kevin

Quote from: Jack D on November 02, 2019, 05:08:12 PM
How is the reliability on the 53?

Travelled on it yesterday city - Smiths Wood in the morning rush hour, seemed to cope fine with the timings (bear in mind it passed a number of schools at peak times) and we passed the other bus on schedule. No one else was on board but wasn't expecting so at that time in that direction

Driver however was still a bit unaware of the route, slowing at junctions to check road names and managed to run up Hams Road instead of Ash Road in Saltley. I reckon the route now has potential but doubt it'll carry anything more than the concessionary pass holders it carried before.
(meanwhile Nechells - Erdington has yet one less vehicle per hour, no doubt putting more people off using the bus, but what do I know I was just a humble user of the route)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Busboy105

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2019, 06:18:36 PM
Travelled on it yesterday city - Smiths Wood in the morning rush hour, seemed to cope fine with the timings (bear in mind it passed a number of schools at peak times) and we passed the other bus on schedule. No one else was on board but wasn't expecting so at that time in that direction

Driver however was still a bit unaware of the route, slowing at junctions to check road names and managed to run up Hams Road instead of Ash Road in Saltley. I reckon the route now has potential but doubt it'll carry anything more than the concessionary pass holders it carried before.
(meanwhile Nechells - Erdington has yet one less vehicle per hour, no doubt putting more people off using the bus, but what do I know I was just a humble user of the route)
What they need to do to get more passengers is to change the route between Saltley and Heartlands Hospital by following the 8A to Bordesley Green and then turning left on Bordesley Green and follow the 97 route to Heartlands Hospital. The section between Heartlands Hospital and Glebe Farm can also be changed by turning left on Station Road to Flaxley Road and then follow the 14 to Glebe Farm. Then if that works, they can consider increasing the frequency.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 09, 2019, 06:27:13 PM
What they need to do to get more passengers is to change the route between Saltley and Heartlands Hospital by following the 8A to Bordesley Green and then turning left on Bordesley Green and follow the 97 route to Heartlands Hospital. The section between Heartlands Hospital and Glebe Farm can also be changed by turning left on Station Road to Flaxley Road and then follow the 14 to Glebe Farm. Then if that works, they can consider increasing the frequency.

What is the point of a tendered route following heavily used commercial routes?

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2019, 06:47:35 PM
What is the point of a tendered route following heavily used commercial routes?
To increase passengers numbers.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 09, 2019, 08:29:27 PM
To increase passengers numbers.

And miss the passengers the whole reason tax payers money is used to provide a bus service for?

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2019, 08:35:57 PM
And miss the passengers the whole reason tax payers money is used to provide a bus service for?
So what would you do with the 53 then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk