News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Bit biased there. Even if small operators duplicate services, as NX will often copy anything unique, eg TGB 64, anyway. They enhance frequencies, cut fares, speed up journey times all of which is good for passengers. There's obviously a market for them on particularly the 334.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 01, 2016, 01:13:20 AM
Bit biased there. Even if small operators duplicate services, as NX will often copy anything unique, eg TGB 64, anyway. They enhance frequencies, cut fares, speed up journey times all of which is good for passengers. There's obviously a market for them on particularly the 334.

How is a driver selling you a return at 9am, turning up at 1pm to catch a 10 minute frequency service home and having to wait an hour because all the drivers are on a lunchbreak encouraging people to use a bus.

How do they speed up journey times?

It can also cause bad driving by not only the new operator, but by overkeen drivers of the existing company, no I am not being bias, this isn't comments about Thandi, who now have become one of the smaller operators I actually think are running a reasonable operation nowadays compared to some others, but if you think they are perfect ask 'The Fort' about them. They are in dispute with them over the quality of how they ran the contract. Watch for a ne operator on there in the very near future. I dislike any duplicate operation whoever it is done by including some of the things my employer has done in the past. Far better to run down a main road, so you get enough passengers to make the operation pay, but then serve somewhere different to the existing operator at the end of the route

Nxwm

@Tony any idea whose taking over the contract then? Or are u not allowed to say on here buddy

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on June 02, 2016, 03:50:34 PM
@Tony any idea whose taking over the contract then? Or are u not allowed to say on here buddy

I can now. It is NXWM PB garage from 13th June

karl724223

Don't know he times of the 311 but at 1320 two Thandi buses were in Dudley bus station

Nxwm

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2016, 03:51:58 PM
I can now. It is NXWM PB garage from 13th June
Will it be run the same way as it is now couple journey in the AM peak and couple journeys PM peak?

karl724223

Again I don't know the times they should run but at 1300 up Dudley three buses   two on the patch and one on the stand

Solo1

PD1089639/4 - GURMAL SINGH SOOMAL T/A CORPORATE EXPRESS, ABBERLEY STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2QL

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Bilston Bus Station
Finish Point: Walsall, Bradford Place
Via: Darlaston ASDA
Service Number: 334
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 02-JUN-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except bank holidays

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on June 07, 2016, 03:45:51 PM
PD1089639/4 - GURMAL SINGH SOOMAL T/A CORPORATE EXPRESS, ABBERLEY STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2QL

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Bilston Bus Station
Finish Point: Walsall, Bradford Place
Via: Darlaston ASDA
Service Number: 334
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 02-JUN-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except bank holidays

Am i missing something or is Corporate Express a new company?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 07, 2016, 04:51:58 PM
Am i missing something or is Corporate Express a new company?

It looks like it's just another name they use for their operations. It's like they use Finesse Travel(?) for the 311/313.

Steveminor

It's not a thandi company

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on June 07, 2016, 06:44:26 PM
It's not a thandi company

It's operating from the same property as Thandi @Steveminor
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

It's owned by a former thandi engineer who's renting garage space

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Steveminor on June 07, 2016, 08:20:15 PM
It's owned by a former thandi engineer who's renting garage space

Oh ok. I do apologise. I never knew that.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 07, 2016, 08:28:30 PM
Oh ok. I do apologise. I never knew that.

Same here, I presume that this company has it's own Traffic Manager & Engineers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk