News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Looking at tge timetable on nwm it looks like it interworks with the 334 as jounrneys arrive in walsall 3 mins after tge previous bus departed & a 17 min layover every trip seems a bit excessive to me as it basically increase the pvr by 1 vehicle.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. That is interesting to hear. If the 311 and 334 are going to interwork then that might explain why they have been changing around their licenses recently.

If anyone is interested here is the link to the timetable for their route 311 service.

http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=49311&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA04_12072028&lineVer=2&itdLPxx_spTr=2&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=THA

This service starts from 23/2/2016. I wish Thandi Travel the best of luck with this service.

Busman Jamie

Y851TGH on 335 today

PM

Quote from: countryliner on February 04, 2016, 05:48:21 AM
@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. That is interesting to hear. If the 311 and 334 are going to interwork then that might explain why they have been changing around their licenses recently.

If anyone is interested here is the link to the timetable for their route 311 service.

http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=49311&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA04_12072028&lineVer=2&itdLPxx_spTr=2&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=THA

This service starts from 23/2/2016. I wish Thandi Travel the best of luck with this service.

Helpfully combined with NX offers a roughly 10 min service on 311 with Thandi in between gaps, definitely not a 1 minute before style timetable. Good on them and good luck to them, they've come on leaps and bounds and quality is improved, with a loyal following.

Westy

Any idea what Thandi's fares are like, with & without Swift Payg?

Interested in Walsall to Parkway fare.

Kevin

Quote from: Steveminor on February 03, 2016, 06:22:45 AM
Looking at tge timetable on nwm it looks like it interworks with the 334 as jounrneys arrive in walsall 3 mins after tge previous bus departed & a 17 min layover every trip seems a bit excessive to me as it basically increase the pvr by 1 vehicle.

But I thought 334 is a 10 min frequency and 311 is 20. So if a 311 goes out again as a 334 what would the next 334 do other than sit and wait?

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 04, 2016, 06:28:37 PM
Helpfully combined with NX offers a roughly 10 min service on 311 with Thandi in between gaps, definitely not a 1 minute before style timetable. Good on them and good luck to them, they've come on leaps and bounds and quality is improved, with a loyal following.

Genuinely surprised me that. Fair play to them.
Has to be said with the 3 routes now they do look like they have promise
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

T840MAK

Quote from: Kevin on February 04, 2016, 07:58:18 PM
But I thought 334 is a 10 min frequency and 311 is 20. So if a 311 goes out again as a 334 what would the next 334 do other than sit and wait?

Could just be every other one interworking.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

countryliner

@T840MAK @Kevin - I am guessing that it could indeed just be every other bus that interworks.

@DiamondDart @Kevin - I agree that Thandi Travel are constantly improving and seem to now be a very good and successful bus operator.

@Westy - I know that Thandi charge just £2.00 for an Adult Return from Walsall to Bilston on the 334 (cash fare). On the Network West Midlands website it says that the swift card fares or £1.60 - £1.80 on the 334 and £1.80 on the 335. I am not sure about any of their other fares. I will try to find out.

@Busman Jamie - Did you see if Y851 TGH (and BX54 DKA / BX54 DKF / BX54 DKK as well) had been repainted yet. Thank you.

Also does anyone know if Thandi Travel have now started to use an exact fare policy (this is a serious question - i am not trying to and do not want to start another debate). I am asking as i have just seen this photo of HV52 WTF on flickr.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/132355857@N02/24388956029/in/search_QM_q_IS_HV52WTF_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all_AND_s_IS_rec

This photo clearly shows a farebox in the bus however there was not a farebox on this bus when it was with its previous bus operator (Faresaver in Wiltshire). If anyone knows anymore about this that would be great. Thank you very much.

countryliner

Further to my last post i have just been looking at some recent photos of Thandi Travel on flickr and it appears that most of their other recent purchases have been fitted with fareboxes. So i suppose that Thandi Travel must now operate an exact fare policy (i really hope that they do not). Has anyone on this forum been on Thandi Travel recently who can confirm this. Thank you.

Steveminor

Looking at those cash vaults they look like the ex ampm ones that he bought.

Busman Jamie

Y851TGH is in fleet livery, only saw the 1 54 plate which too was in Fleet livery, if I go Walsall I will try and see if anything else is out @countryliner

Solo1

Quote from: Busman Jamie on February 06, 2016, 08:43:27 AM
Y851TGH is in fleet livery, only saw the 1 54 plate which too was in Fleet livery, if I go Walsall I will try and see if anything else is out @countryliner
Y663 is also out

countryliner

@Steveminor - From looking at these photos the fareboxes do indeed look like those ex AMPM ones.

HV52 WTF - https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/132355857@N02/24388956029/in/search_QM_q_IS_thandi_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all_AND_s_IS_rec

Y152 NLK - https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/132355857@N02/24756683505/in/search_QM_q_IS_thandi_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all_AND_s_IS_rec

I suppose that they might have taken them out of their mk1 Darts and put them in to these newer Darts. I might email Thandi Travel to see if they have started to operate an exact fare policy on their buses.

@Busman Jamie @Solo1 - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Solo1

thandi been buying again they have another dart see my flicr page

Solo1

Looked for the 16.15  thandi  service   335  no sign of it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk