News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on January 29, 2016, 05:24:42 AM
@Bryan @Westy - Thanks for the info. So i presume that the same vehicles and drivers and depots are used for all three licenses.

No, that will not be the case as each company should have its own vehicles and drivers, although a driver could be employed by more than one company. Also, on each route the vehicle(s) will have to display the disc for the registered operator of the service. The same premises can be used but it will be necessary for a rental charge to be made for the use of the facilities from whoever owns or leases the premises. It needs to be remembered that each company has to satisfy the rules and regulations not only for the Operators Licence but for Accounting Standards (and in turn for the latter HM Revenue & Customs).

For details of the rules and regulations read the VOSA guide 'Public Service Vehicle Operator Licensing - Guide for Operators', which includes the requirements for hiring vehicles in with/without drivers.

Tony

Quote from: Bryan on January 29, 2016, 08:07:46 AM
No, that will not be the case as each company should have its own vehicles and drivers, although a driver could be employed by more than one company. Also, on each route the vehicle(s) will have to display the disc for the registered operator of the service. The same premises can be used but it will be necessary for a rental charge to be made for the use of the facilities from whoever owns or leases the premises. It needs to be remembered that each company has to satisfy the rules and regulations not only for the Operators Licence but for Accounting Standards (and in turn for the latter HM Revenue & Customs).

For details of the rules and regulations read the VOSA guide 'Public Service Vehicle Operator Licensing - Guide for Operators', which includes the requirements for hiring vehicles in with/without drivers.

An to be fair the Thandi companies do stay as seperate companies with the correct vehicles operating the correct registrations in recent years.

The only reason I include them in one big fleetlist on the main site is to the average bus watcher they look identical

countryliner

@Tony @Bryan - Thanks for the info. From looking at flickr photos though it appears that the same vehicles are often used on different licenses. Do you know which of the buses (the low floor Darts) belong to which Thandi company. Thank you.

Solo1

someone said 2 of the t reg buses now withdrawn

countryliner

@Solo1 - Thanks for the info. But which T reg buses do you mean because as far as i am aware Thandi do not have any T reg buses in their bus fleet.

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on January 30, 2016, 08:06:24 PM
@Tony @Bryan - Thanks for the info. From looking at flickr photos though it appears that the same vehicles are often used on different licenses. Do you know which of the buses (the low floor Darts) belong to which Thandi company. Thank you.

It can well depend on what date the photographs were taken and on which routes the vehicles were operated, as well as who had the service licence at that date and owned the bus. Vehicles can also legally be hired from one operator to another (as I have mentioned to you before), so a photograph does not provide sufficient information at a quick glance, the O-Licence in the vehicle window provides this.

As for which companies own individual vehicles and have licences for various routes, that is irrelevant providing the companies obey the regulations. Vehicle ownership can be transferred legally between one company and another many times providing it meets all the accounting standards.   

Quote from: countryliner on January 31, 2016, 02:52:19 AM
@Solo1 - Thanks for the info. But which T reg buses do you mean because as far as i am aware Thandi do not have any T reg buses in their bus fleet.

There have been 'T' registration Darts operated by the Thandi group within the last year, albeit that they were not their original registrations. How come if you know so much about the area you did not know this?

Your incessant questions on every small operator in the West Midlands have now got beyond a joke!!!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bryan on January 31, 2016, 12:02:42 PM

Your incessant questions on every small operator in the West Midlands have now got beyond a joke!!!

I totally agree!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

countryliner

@Bryan @Stuharris 6360 - I do not see why you have such a problem with my comments and questions. Many people on this forum ask many more questions than i do. I have not asked questions about every small independent bus operator in the West Midlands as if you look in the other operators section there are many operators that i have not posted in. You do not have to read or respond to my posts if you do not like them. Also you have to remember that one of the main reasons that forums exsist is to ask questions and find out answers.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: countryliner on January 31, 2016, 05:14:44 PM
@Bryan @Stuharris 6360 - I do not see why you have such a problem with my comments and questions. Many people on this forum ask many more questions than i do. I have not asked questions about every small independent bus operator in the West Midlands as if you look in the other operators section there are many operators that i have not posted in. You do not have to read or respond to my posts if you do not like them. Also you have to remember that one of the main reasons that forums exsist is to ask questions and find out answers.

@countryliner

One of the rules of the forum

"Post daft questions / rubbish or generally disrupt the workings of the forum & annoy existing members"
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

countryliner

@Stuharris 6360 - I am not posting daft questions and rubbish and i am not disrupting the workings of the forum and i am not trying to annoy any other members. So personally i do not see the problem with my posts and questions.

winston

@Stuharris 6360 countryliner hasn't broken any rules as such, even though the majority of members disagree with his opinions. The best you & Bryan can do if you're not happy with what he posts is simply ignore them and don't reply. Admin will decide what if any rules have been broken. Can you both & get back on topic i.e. Thandi, Winston

countryliner

I see that in the latest Ensignbus news that @Winston has posted (thank you @Winston for posting these - they are really useful) it says that Thandi Travel have purchased BX54 DKA / BX54 DKF / BX54 DKK / S519 TCF from Ensignbus.

So the Thandi Travel bus fleet now appears to be as follows.

BX54 DKA Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 9.3m
BX54 DKF Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 9.3m
BX54 DKK Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 9.3m
MX54 BLU Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
HV52 WTD Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
HV52 WTF Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
Y152 NLK Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.0m
T77 NND (Y368 HMY) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
T88 NND (Y373 HMY) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
T99 NND (Y376 HMY) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
Y661 NLO Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.0m
Y663 NLO Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.0m
Y835 TGH Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.7m
Y851 TGH Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer MPD 8.8m
TBZ 5873 (X197 FOR) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
S519 TCF Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.7m

I believe though that @Solo1 has told me that S519 TCF and some of the older Dennis Dart Caetano Nimbus 10.7m buses (i can not remember which ones of the top if my head) have been withdrawn.

Now that Thandi Travel have so many more buses in their bus fleet it will be very interesting to see if they expand and start any new bus routes.

Quote from: countryliner on February 02, 2016, 09:42:17 PM
I see that in the latest Ensignbus news that @Winston has posted (thank you @Winston for posting these - they are really useful) it says that Thandi Travel have purchased BX54 DKA / BX54 DKF / BX54 DKK / S519 TCF from Ensignbus.

So the Thandi Travel bus fleet now appears to be as follows.

BX54 DKA Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 9.3m
BX54 DKF Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 9.3m
BX54 DKK Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 9.3m
MX54 BLU Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
HV52 WTD Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
HV52 WTF Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
Y152 NLK Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.0m
T77 NND (Y368 HMY) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
T88 NND (Y373 HMY) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
T99 NND (Y376 HMY) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
Y661 NLO Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.0m
Y663 NLO Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.0m
Y835 TGH Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.7m
Y851 TGH Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer MPD 8.8m
TBZ 5873 (X197 FOR) Dennis Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus 10.7m
S519 TCF Dennis Dart SLF Plaxton Pointer 10.7m

I believe though that @Solo1 has told me that S519 TCF and some of the older Dennis Dart Caetano Nimbus 10.7m buses (i can not remember which ones of the top if my head) have been withdrawn.

Now that Thandi Travel have so many more buses in their bus fleet it will be very interesting to see if they expand and start any new bus routes.
The extra buses may be for the 311 which will soon be starting.
S519TCF has been at Thandi for months
Its Y851TGH  they have purchased not S519TCF
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

@countryliner  - Thandi have already confirmed that they are expanding having registered a competing service on NXWM's 311 (I posted the VOSA registration in this thread)

countryliner

@2206 @Winston - Yes sorry about that i meant to write Y851 TGH not S519 TCF so apologies about that. Does anyone know what the PVR of the 311 will be. I am guessing that it will probably be a PVR of quite a few vehicles considering all of the vehicles that they have purchased recently (unless they have any other routes planned as well).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk