News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: WN on January 22, 2016, 02:12:33 PM
Personally I'd be surprised if Diamond went on there. Maybe because if the 311 is unpopular ( Which personally I doubt) then they have nothing plus they have quite a loyal customer Base on the 334. They could even be renumbering to the 34?

If Thandi are coming off the 334 (unlikely) it is definitely worth NX or Diamond (add to their 43 service @ Bilston) adding that service to their networks

Westy

Quote from: Winston on January 22, 2016, 02:19:30 PM
If Thandi are coming off the 334 (unlikely) it is definitely worth NX or Diamond (add to their 43 service @ Bilston) adding that service to their networks

There's no difference between NX 34 & Thandi 334 is there routewise?

winston

Quote from: Westy on January 22, 2016, 02:45:31 PM

Don't know sorry.

Dom

Quote from: Westy on January 22, 2016, 02:45:31 PM

Nope same route. The only difference is that Thandi go to Bilston and nx go to stowlawn. Maybe that could be there plan?

PM

Quote from: WN on January 22, 2016, 03:17:40 PM
Nope same route. The only difference is that Thandi go to Bilston and nx go to stowlawn. Maybe that could be there plan?

I'm sure it'll be put onto another license, it's got a good loyal following though, one I saw earlier was a full seated load and people are holding back for them. It's unlikely they'd stock up on buses and then ditch a route. I doubt Stowlawn could sustain the patronage Bilston does, as it is Thandi have more Bilston to Walsall departures on the 334 per hour than NX iirc, they'll want to keep it like that!

Anyone remember Arriva on there as an aside?

RS

Today i noticed BX54 DKA has NX Grey Dot Seating
London Euston

Quote from: RS on January 24, 2016, 07:54:14 PM
Because it was new to Travel London. And was then with Abellio London who also used to use the NX Grey dot moquette. @RS
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

Quote from: RS on January 24, 2016, 07:54:14 PM
see flicr for pic of the bus

Solo1

PD1060316/7 - THANDI TRANSPORT LTD, 3 HAMPSTEAD GLADE, HALESOWEN, B63 3DZ

Variation Accepted: Operating between BILSTON BUS STATION and WALSALL (BRADFORD PLACE) given service number 334 effective from 16-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on January 26, 2016, 03:33:51 PM
PD1060316/7 - THANDI TRANSPORT LTD, 3 HAMPSTEAD GLADE, HALESOWEN, B63 3DZ

Variation Accepted: Operating between BILSTON BUS STATION and WALSALL (BRADFORD PLACE) given service number 334 effective from 16-Mar-2016. To amend Timetable.

Am slightly confused, how can you have a variation on a route which they have cancelled?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

T840MAK

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 26, 2016, 05:41:07 PM
Am slightly confused, how can you have a variation on a route which they have cancelled?

Effective from the same date as well...interesting.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

countryliner

It is good to see that BX54 DKA is now in service. Thandi Travel seem to stocking up on so many buses recently. I wonder if they have many new routes planned. I wonder if they will ever buy any MPDs or SPDs for their fleet. So i highly doubt that they will withdraw the 334 especially as it seems to be quite a busy and well used bus service. I presume that it will just transfer to another license. It seems like they have three different licences - "Corporate Express" and "Finesse Coaches" and "Thandi Transport" - i am not sure why they use three different licenses.

Westy

Quote from: countryliner on January 27, 2016, 08:52:41 PM
It is good to see that BX54 DKA is now in service. Thandi Travel seem to stocking up on so many buses recently. I wonder if they have many new routes planned. I wonder if they will ever buy any MPDs or SPDs for their fleet. So i highly doubt that they will withdraw the 334 especially as it seems to be quite a busy and well used bus service. I presume that it will just transfer to another license. It seems like they have three different licences - "Corporate Express" and "Finesse Coaches" and "Thandi Transport" - i am not sure why they use three different licenses.

I presume there is a legal reason why the same company can have more than one licence.

They wouldn't be trying to pull a fast one, would they?

Bryan

Quote from: Westy on January 27, 2016, 10:08:58 PM
I presume there is a legal reason why the same company can have more than one licence.

They wouldn't be trying to pull a fast one, would they?

It's not a case of one company having more than one licence, it's a few companies each having their own operator's licence and vehicle allowance, even if all are based in the same premises.

The reasons for this can be many and varied, for example tax reasons, to keep different types of service and risks separate, or even different shareholders/owners in each company/business.

countryliner

@Bryan @Westy - Thanks for the info. So i presume that the same vehicles and drivers and depots are used for all three licenses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk