News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2018, 10:33:37 AM
When was that accident? Express & Star or Birmingham Mail don't seem to have it recorded which is extremely unusual if a child ended up in intensive care
Been told by the YouTube user who posts the videos of the buses getting stuck, not sure if it's true or not, I just got told. Not sure when either, but I agree with them, 12 buses an hour down that street is ridiculous.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2018, 10:37:16 AM
Been told by the YouTube user who posts the videos of the buses getting stuck, not sure if it's true or not, I just got told. Not sure when either, but I agree with them, 12 buses an hour down that street is ridiculous.

I never said it was just Thandi who do I did I? I simply mentioned that they do.

You seemed pretty sure it was true when you said "a kid was hit by a reversing bus"

Jack

Quote from: Dom on January 04, 2018, 12:13:07 PM
You seemed pretty sure it was true when you said "a kid was hit by a reversing bus"
By what happens there, then yes I do, the whole Street are apparently complaining about the mayhem.

Kevin

Regarding the bus reversing thing, not entirely sure but is the rule of requiring a banksman only on public roads? ie not private land (bus stations)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Other Walsall Tony

At Derby bus station every bus has to back out and I have never seen a bankman. I also understand that low speed bumps and scrapes are not unknown...
Tony

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2018, 10:27:39 PM
The War Memorial, not something you demolish lightly
Indeed not Tony. The Walsall Cenotaph marks the spot where a Zepplin bomb fell in 1916. A passing Corporation tram was caught in the blast and the Lady Mayoress, who was on board, recieved injuries from which she died.  There is a plaque on a building in Bradford St commemorating the event and showing damage from the blast.
And for the number grabbers it was tram 16...
Tony

Tony

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on January 04, 2018, 05:45:55 PM
Indeed not Tony. The Walsall Cenotaph marks the spot where a Zepplin bomb fell in 1916. A passing Corporation tram was caught in the blast and the Lady Mayoress, who was on board, recieved injuries from which she died.  There is a plaque on a building in Bradford St commemorating the event and showing damage from the blast.
And for the number grabbers it was tram 16...

Don't worry Tony, It's only a 'Green thingy'

karl724223

And suddenly as if by a magic all the kids on here are now banksman trained

MW

It's an NXWM policy to have a banksman, that's all.

And yes, this policy is regularly broken.

Tony

Quote from: MW on January 04, 2018, 09:13:07 PM
It's an NXWM policy to have a banksman, that's all.

And yes, this policy is regularly broken.

Not at all times, there are exceptions, For instance a banks man trained driver can do a dynamic risk assessment

fleetline6477

Remember there was always a banksman in the old Wolverhampton Bus Station for buses on the back line of 3 or 4 buses (can't remember) complete with his whistle guiding buses out.

In Bristol buses reverse out of the bays in the Cribbs Causeway, Bristol and Bath bus stations no banksmen!

MW

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2018, 09:19:25 PM
Not at all times, there are exceptions, For instance a banks man trained driver can do a dynamic risk assessment

Isn't every driver banksman trained? They showed us all the hand symbols in training. Or is it further training you need?

winston

@Westy - I found one Thandi BX54 Dart at 17.03pm having finished work for the day filling up with diesel at the BP garage local to The Hawthornes.

I'm pretty sure It was the driver inside stood at the counter paying in shrapnel from the days takings.....

Tony

Quote from: Winston on January 09, 2018, 07:29:56 PM
@Westy - I found one Thandi BX54 Dart at 17.03pm having finished work for the day filling up with diesel at the BP garage local to The Hawthornes.

I'm pretty sure It was the driver inside stood at the counter paying in shrapnel from the days takings.....

Yes, standard practice every day

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2018, 07:39:07 PM
Yes, standard practice every day

Bet Thandi are popular with the staff on the counter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk