News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2018, 08:31:12 PM
Walsall Council?
Whats a stupid green thing?

The War Memorial, not something you demolish lightly

Stuharris 6360

Am still under the opinion that if a company wants to operate a route (eg: Thandi on the 311), then they should operate all journeys on that route, picking and choosing of what journeys and times they run shouldn't be allowed.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Solo1

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 01, 2018, 01:54:05 PM
There's still a 56 plate dart in full Thandi liverey parked at Transmobile in Bloxwich, been there for a while
which one of the 56reg'd  is at transmoblie

Kevin2017

Yeah Walsall Council should remove that green area, roundabout thingy. turn it into Bus stands, you know Bradford Place, the middle bit the green.

Tony

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 03, 2018, 10:12:13 PM
Yeah Walsall Council should remove that green area, roundabout thingy. turn it into Bus stands, you know Bradford Place, the middle bit the green.

The War Memorial, not something you demolish lightly

Kevin2017

Oh, I did not know, what was on that Green, never really looked, just assumed it was a green to make up one large roundabout thingy.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on January 03, 2018, 07:54:49 PM
What do you expect at Bradford Place? It's to tight and buses are just dumped wherever there's space. It's the overcrowded 4 stand to blame and the Darlaston's. I don't blame them for reversing out, there's never enough room for them to pull out when a Darlaston bus is parked at a sharp angle.

So out of the 4 points I've made, you could only argue one of them, and even then your argument  is practically invalid simply because reversing without a banksman is extremely frowned upon and at NX isn't even allowed.

MW

Quote from: Dom on January 04, 2018, 09:11:16 AM
So out of the 4 points I've made, you could only argue one of them, and even then your argument  is practically invalid simply because reversing without a banksman is extremely frowned upon and at NX isn't even allowed.

Do they have a banksman at Dudley Bus Station? On my travels yesterday I saw buses parked up on that bit of land and saw a few B7RLEs reversing to park. I couldn't see if there was a banksman.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on January 04, 2018, 09:11:16 AM
Of which is exactly the same situation with NX and Diamond, most of the time they reverse without a banksman on Cupfields Ave in Tipton. Just see the videos, it's all there. It's not just Thandi! I've ridden NX buses that have had to be reversed without a banksman. Majority were at Bradford Place.

Quote from: MW on January 04, 2018, 09:34:39 AM
Do they have a banksman at Dudley Bus Station? On my travels yesterday I saw buses parked up on that bit of land and saw a few B7RLEs reversing to park. I couldn't see if there was a banksman.
That's where the buses park to layover.

Trident 4194

And at West Bromwich bus station due to the incompetence of the designer of the stands

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 04, 2018, 09:52:30 AM
And at West Bromwich bus station due to the incompetence of the designer of the stands
Wednesbury too at times. The 11/13 stand usually. Stourbridge is an example of a great bus station, where buses don't have to reverse off stands.

Dom

It isn't needed on the patch.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2018, 09:36:56 AM
Of which is exactly the same situation with NX and Diamond, most of the time they reverse without a banksman on Cupfields Ave in Tipton. Just see the videos, it's all there. It's not just Thandi! I've ridden NX buses that have had to be reversed without a banksman. Majority were at Bradford Place.

You just don't seem to understand. God help you if you ever became anything more than a passenger.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on January 04, 2018, 10:21:02 AM
You just don't seem to understand. God help you if you ever became anything more than a passenger.
I do know what a banksman is needed for thank you. Anyway not a long ago a kid on Cupfields Ave was hit by a reversing bus and ended up in intensive care, no banksman. So you can't really just blame Thandi, when NX and Diamond do the exact same, sometimes they have no choice!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2018, 10:30:44 AM
I do know what a banksman is needed for thank you. Anyway not a long ago a kid on Cupfields Ave was hit by a reversing bus and ended up in intensive care, no banksman. So you can't really just blame Thandi, when NX and Diamond do the exact same, sometimes they have no choice!

When was that accident? Express & Star or Birmingham Mail don't seem to have it recorded which is extremely unusual if a child ended up in intensive care

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk