News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Biggest drop/contrast in frequency on a route in the West Midlands and beyond

Started by Trident 4609, January 28, 2014, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I posted that 4 months ago Tony! I was corrected further in the thread. After studying the timetable a few months back i am aware that the 9 isn't every 4 mins in the peak (As mentioned there are a couple of departures that have a 4 minute gap between them)

nitromatt1

The x64 is another service with the same daytime frequency Mon-Sun (30 mins).

Matt.N0056

Solihull - Tile Cross/ chelmsley: every 8 mins NXWM, 12 mins Sunny Travel, 20 mins Claribels to a 30 min service evening/Sunday

Kevin

Apologies for dragging up a topic from like a year ago but....

Curious one from the new timetables in North Brum:
Daytime the 51 and X51 are both every 10 mins, so stops like the Scott Arms have 12 buses an hour into Brum.
After 9pm it's just the 51 every half hour...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ian Hardy

How about this one in London which is the complete opposite to most other bus routes:

Arriva London North's 29 & N29 from Trafalgar Square to Wood Green

On Saturday day time it is every 5 minutes until 20:00 then it drops to every 6 minutes until 00:45 but then it goes up to every 3 to 4 minutes until 05:40 on Sunday mornings and then it drops to every 10 minutes until 07:40 and then every 8 minutes until 11:00 and then is every 5 minutes through the day (so it is it more frequent at night than during the day).

<http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/029N029.htm#Sun_C>

Ian Hardy

Kevin

This topic came to my mind just now while travelling through Lyndon, and apologies it seems it was me that dragged it up last time around as well...

The area between the Warwick Road, Coventry Road and Hobs Moat currently has 3 bph on the 58, plus one each on the 96/99/S16, fairly well served I'd say, could be better but that's a different story

Evenings and Sundays it gets absolutely nothing... Surely it's time the 58 got something?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on October 04, 2018, 09:52:49 AM
This topic came to my mind just now while travelling through Lyndon, and apologies it seems it was me that dragged it up last time around as well...

The area between the Warwick Road, Coventry Road and Hobs Moat currently has 3 bph on the 58, plus one each on the 96/99/S16, fairly well served I'd say, could be better but that's a different story

Evenings and Sundays it gets absolutely nothing... Surely it's time the 58 got something?
There's probably a reason for that - it's not needed.
The 96 and 99 carry next to nothing. Anyway from what i've Seen.
I personally can't see there being much demand for one, especially an evening service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk