News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

why the big obsession of deckers in Cannock?

Started by arrivaaston, December 28, 2013, 09:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

I do agree certain times Staffords could do with a decker but they could just duplicate the service, its been said on here certain journeys on 60's need deckers.... It can't happen due to the interworking with 825

Bob

The 4.10 from wolves to cannock today could of done with one as well it was rammed.  But why not have some?  They could work pye greens in the day, theyre used on 334/9/10 from wednesfield none of which areas busy as 74/75 or pye greens. ..

arrivaaston

I do agree a decker would be ideal on Pye Greens if it wasn't so frequent I saw yesterday 2221 and 3619 both came in together as 25's, if iit was. Half hourly then maybe it would warrant a decker...... I don't see the fascination with deckers I don't lol

Bob

It would be stupid to do duplicate single deckers lol, why waste money doing that?

Justin Tyme

As an enthusiast I prefer riding on double deckers.  I sympathise with Bob because Cannock was mainly a DD zone in the 1970s and early  1980s.

But if I was organising bus services and found some single deck journeys that were overloading, I might consider two options above all: -

(a) If only one or two journeys overloaded, use double deckers.

(b) If the overloading occurred at various times through the day, keep single deckers and increase the frequency in order to "grow the market".

Other factors may come into play, such as vandalism, competition and the possible hassle of introducing DDs into an SD only garage.

Feel free to disagree, anyone!

Bob

They introduced a 74a which leaves at the same time as the 75. Bit silly timetabling it like that also 74a doesnt stop at the usual 74/5 stopping points in stafford. Uts nearly always dead yet the established 74/5 are extremely busy routes.

Bob

Also ive always thought its stupid inter working the 60 & 825.  Getting on to the lichfield road coming out of stafford isan aabsolute nightmare anytime btwn 16.30-18.00, horrendous.  I work in stafford live cannock and it can be queuing all the way back to the station and tescos and barely moving. This would make some 825s really latw and ive often seen a couple just 100 yds apart.  This obviously would have a bad knock on effect on the lichfield end of the 60, its silly. Fine inter working local routes but ceikey. Like when something happened on the motorway junction at cannock it not only made many 70s horrendously late but left people in wolverhampton wondering whether a 76 was ever going to come for stafford!  It was all over their fb page people going mad. I dont see why stafford cant have the 825 back, given the routes they operate surely itd provide a valuable income! Then certain 60 journeys could be deckered no problem. And put on other routes in between during the day if they were only needed with the peaks. This could apply with the staffords too, deckers for both routes could maybe be stuck on pye greens in the daytime. Im sure its a pretty safe bet that theyd carry more passengers than the 9 334 & 19, although as people have said they go onto amazon duties after the 19. AMD did say on the questions post that the use of deckers was to be reviewed on the 19 in the near future. ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk