News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes - 26th Jan 2014

Started by JPC, December 05, 2013, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

Quote from: mikestone on January 21, 2014, 08:09:56 PM
earlier today the other link to the other changes changes was scrolling at the top of the page, but the website has been updated and the new 360A/C has a link there now
;

Good stuff!

The 585a/b arrangement looks interesting.

winston

Quote from: mikestone on January 21, 2014, 08:09:56 PM
earlier today the other link to the other changes changes was scrolling at the top of the page, but the website has been updated and the new 360A/C has a link there now
;

I wonder if DeCourcey put in in a last minute superior bid to discourage Diamond from setting up a new depot in Coventry?

t.w.moore

Mike de Courcey Travel will not be withdrawing the 360A and 360C  City Circle bus service on January 26th. He has been asked to continue the service until a suitable tender has been appointed. One tender was accepted, but they backed out. It could be two or three months before before we know anymore.

JoNi

Messages have appeared on Real Time Signs on the route saying De Courcey is to continue running the service. Seen at stops in Binley and Banner Lane.

vinh1000

Quote from: t.w.moore on January 22, 2014, 10:05:51 AM
Mike de Courcey Travel will not be withdrawing the 360A and 360C  City Circle bus service on January 26th. He has been asked to continue the service until a suitable tender has been appointed. One tender was accepted, but they backed out. It could be two or three months before before we know anymore.
NWM confirm they apparantly running it until April 2015
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

t.w.moore

A notice in the buses on this service state. Travel de Courcey has now been asked to continue running Circular service until further notice. However from this date these services will be running to a revised timetable with most journeys running at a different time. The late evening trips will be withdrawn due to a lack of useage. I believe the last bus will end at 8 o'clock

I did hear a driver telling another driver...when I did a complete trip on the route today..that a London Company is showing interest. I have no other details concerning this rumour.
The route today was all MAN/MCV Evolutions. There was one ex London Trident with the Evolutions on yesterday
This entry updates my entry above.

Dylan4579

Quote from: t.w.moore on January 22, 2014, 05:17:59 PM
A notice in the buses on this service state. Travel de Courcey has now been asked to continue running Circular service until further notice. However from this date these services will be running to a revised timetable with most journeys running at a different time. The late evening trips will be withdrawn due to a lack of useage. I believe the last bus will end at 8 o'clock

I did hear a driver telling another driver...when I did a complete trip on the route today..that a London Company is showing interest. I have no other details concerning this rumour.
The route today was all MAN/MCV Evolutions. There was one ex London Trident with the Evolutions on yesterday
Stagecoach??

winston

Quote from: Dylan4579 on January 23, 2014, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: t.w.moore on January 22, 2014, 05:17:59 PM

Stagecoach??

Stagecoach are Scottish....

Dylan4579

Oh sorry I thought that it was any company that operates in London

winston

Quote from: Dylan4579 on January 23, 2014, 06:35:38 PM

Stagecoach have a London subsidiary, but Stagecoach HQ is based in Perth, Scotland.

If it was Stagecoach that were expressing an interest, surely their local subsidiary 'Stagecoach in Warwickshire' would tender for it, rather than their London op?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on January 23, 2014, 06:55:40 PM

Stagecoach have a London subsidiary, but Stagecoach HQ is based in Perth, Scotland.

If it was Stagecoach that were expressing an interest, surely their local subsidiary 'Stagecoach in Warwickshire' would tender for it, rather than their London op?

Perhaps it was Rotala who bid for it who have a base at heathrow? :-)

notepanel

Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2014, 07:22:42 PM

At the risk of starting a rumour - was the overheard conversation about the London company showing an interest in the route or company!?

winston

Quote from: notepanel on January 23, 2014, 09:10:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2014, 07:22:42 PM

At the risk of starting a rumour - was the overheard conversation about the London company showing an interest in the route or company!?

It's always possible the interest could be in the company, it would make an attractive acquisition. But who would fit the bill of a London company that is already owned by a larger bus group based elsewhere?

gc802002

Metroline (ComfortDelgro)?
RAPT London?
Tower Transit?

CT Plus??

winston

Quote from: gc802002 on January 23, 2014, 10:49:38 PM
Metroline (ComfortDelgro)?
RAPT London?
Tower Transit?

CT Plus??

Metroline & London United are both subsidiaries of larger groups not based in London, even Tower Transit falls in to that category.

CT Plus aren't know for takeovers, instead setting up new businesses through tender wins outside of London.

RAPT Dev could be the most likely suitor currently operating in London with its recent purchase of Selywns, Runcorn who operate a large fleet of coaches on NX work, similar to DeCourcey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk