News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond 226 runs into parked car in Pensnett.

Started by hartshill busman 724210, November 21, 2013, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
Quote from: bususer12 on November 21, 2013, 08:09:42 PM
here's one from the 19th, CVV Branded dart due at Wordsley Hosp at 1750, arrived at 1803, Hansons due 1805, arrived 1805. Not the first time that they have been seen circa 10 mins late. I do use the Diamond Service, and most of the time they are 5 minutes late, almost consistently enough to think that they are being told to run to that time, as it is very rare that they are on time.

Well five minutes late is ok... And maybe its just because the traffic is busy on the route and the running time isn't sufficient as opposed to them being told to run late. In fairness to diamond, they adjusted the timings so as they were in between hansons buses. If they had intended to run just in front of hansons still, why did they change the timetable?

5 minutes? 1803 - 1750 = 13 minutes late! And looking at the article shown here

QuoteDiamond Bus Company has been working with Centro to improve the 226 service from Dudley to Merry Hill.

From 5 September 2011 Diamond Bus and Hansons will both be operating every 30 minutes, conveniently timed to make the 226 every 15 minutes. We have listened to comments and feedback from our customers and believe these changes will greatly improve the service for people in the local area.

Diamond's great value flexible fares mean you can buy single, return or day tickets along with weekly and monthly tickets for more regular passengers. Our day, week and monthly tickets are valid for unlimited travel across all Black Diamond services in the West Midlands offering great value for money - So with links to other Diamond services in Dudley and Merry Hill you can benefit from travelling across the whole Diamond network. We also sell the nbus one day ticket if you want the flexibility of using other operators in the area too.

The Diamond 226 service runs to and from Merry Hill late into the evening, 7 days a week - perfect for a little bit of late night shopping, treating yourself to a bite out or catching the latest flick at the cinema!

We hope you like the improvements we're making to this service and look forward to welcoming you aboard the 226 in the near future.

Thats why Diamond moved to a combined every 15 minutes frequency.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

bususer12

here's one from the 19th, CVV Branded dart due at Wordsley Hosp at 1750, arrived at 1803, Hansons due 1805, arrived 1805. Not the first time that they have been seen circa 10 mins late. I do use the Diamond Service, and most of the time they are 5 minutes late, almost consistently enough to think that they are being told to run to that time, as it is very rare that they are on time.

Well five minutes late is ok... And maybe its just because the traffic is busy on the route and the running time isn't sufficient as opposed to them being told to run late. In fairness to diamond, they adjusted the timings so as they were in between hansons buses. If they had intended to run just in front of hansons still, why did they change the timetable?

CENTRO forced diamond to run inbetween Hansons times after months of havoc. Also, how can one operator run to time pretty consistently, and the other anything between 5-10 minutes late?????

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 08:23:02 PM

5 minutes? 1803 - 1750 = 13 minutes late! And looking at the article shown here

QuoteDiamond Bus Company has been working with Centro to improve the 226 service from Dudley to Merry Hill.

From 5 September 2011 Diamond Bus and Hansons will both be operating every 30 minutes, conveniently timed to make the 226 every 15 minutes. We have listened to comments and feedback from our customers and believe these changes will greatly improve the service for people in the local area.

Diamond's great value flexible fares mean you can buy single, return or day tickets along with weekly and monthly tickets for more regular passengers. Our day, week and monthly tickets are valid for unlimited travel across all Black Diamond services in the West Midlands offering great value for money - So with links to other Diamond services in Dudley and Merry Hill you can benefit from travelling across the whole Diamond network. We also sell the nbus one day ticket if you want the flexibility of using other operators in the area too.

The Diamond 226 service runs to and from Merry Hill late into the evening, 7 days a week - perfect for a little bit of late night shopping, treating yourself to a bite out or catching the latest flick at the cinema!

We hope you like the improvements we're making to this service and look forward to welcoming you aboard the 226 in the near future.

Thats why Diamond moved to a combined every 15 minutes frequency.

I can see I'm never going to win this one. I was referring to the comment that they are mostly 5 mins late-surprisingly, I was aware that 17:50 to 18:03 is 13 minutes... And I hardly see how centro can force a company to run at a certain time-they could tell them stands weren't available etc but didn't realise centro had that much power.

Because they have different running times?

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2013, 08:41:14 PM
I can see I'm never going to win this one. I was referring to the comment that they are mostly 5 mins late-surprisingly, I was aware that 17:50 to 18:03 is 13 minutes... And I hardly see how centro can force a company to run at a certain time-they could tell them stands weren't available etc but didn't realise centro had that much power.

Because they have different running times?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 08:47:42 PM

Quite. As stated previously, I've had cause to observe Diamond 226 services in the past. To keep myself amused, I've also kept an eye on the other lot. ON EVERY OCCASION, Diamond's compliance % had been higher than Hansons. And yes, I'm fully aware of what is meant by compliance.

Still, to paraphrase DiamondDart "I'm wasting my time" raising it on here.

bususer12

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 21, 2013, 08:56:29 PM

Quite. As stated previously, I've had cause to observe Diamond 226 services in the past. To keep myself amused, I've also kept an eye on the other lot. ON EVERY OCCASION, Diamond's compliance % had been higher than Hansons. And yes, I'm fully aware of what is meant by compliance.

Was this at timing point across the route or at a terminus?

At either Merry Hill or Dudley, things are fine, its inbetween where they cause issues.

Jay

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2013, 07:36:04 PM
I believe the facts about what was reported. I was doubting the supposed two passengers claiming he had been looking around etc and asking people for the hospital. That is not a fact, is not in the article and shouldn't really be discussed or mentioned until the facts are actually clear.

As for diamond on the 226-I think there's constantly an attempt to find fault with diamond on there as people think it is Hansons route-which it isn't... I'm never going to persuade people that most diamond 226's run within the period of -1/+5 as there are some who will always claim diamond do such and such on there and run late. In my experience of that route over the summer so admittedly things could have changed since, the vast vast majority of diamond buses were on time-it was hansons who were late. Hansons have also been spotted skipping bits of the 226 and accepting 9:30 passes before 9:30!! Independent surveys showed, as was mentioned, very very high levels of service compliance by diamond on the 226. FACT.

And does this mean another cadet will possibly be withdrawn??!! If so, tividale could be needing some of the buses they've got at long acre back...

Can i ask you one question when Diamond are out on the road do you turn the other way, Hanson are putting Rotala to shame with the 226 and all other routes
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: bususer12 on November 21, 2013, 09:00:39 PM
Was this at timing point across the route or at a terminus?
At either Merry Hill or Dudley, things are fine, its inbetween where they cause issues.

All timing points, as per Driver boards.

Quote from: Jon on November 21, 2013, 09:02:17 PM
Can i ask you one question when Diamond are out on the road do you turn the other way, Hanson are putting Rotala to shame with the 226 and all other routes

Erm, can't speak for DD, but I can speak for myself:
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P)
"I'm wasting my time" raising it on here.

PM

Glad someone's backing me up on here!! Yeah, think we're wasting our time Dave!! I spent several days over the summer observing in merry hill and dudley and several places in between as I switched between buses. Diamond were as you say, within complicance more of the time. And how are Hanson's putting diamond to shame-they're just not. Their newer buses continue to be sold in the name of "standardisation" while they skip bits of routes, accept passes at the wrong times and fail to achieve diamond's levels of compliance on the 226. Are you disputing that independant monitoring saw diamond's 226 gain 95% compliance??!!

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2013, 10:09:14 PM

Glad someone's backing me up on here!! Yeah, think we're wasting our time Dave!! I spent several days over the summer observing in merry hill and dudley and several places in between as I switched between buses. Diamond were as you say, within complicance more of the time. And how are Hanson's putting diamond to shame-they're just not. Their newer buses continue to be sold in the name of "standardisation" while they skip bits of routes, accept passes at the wrong times and fail to achieve diamond's levels of compliance on the 226. Are you disputing that independant monitoring saw diamond's 226 gain 95% compliance??!!

Independent? You? Excuse me while I PMSL! VOSA are more independent!

Furthermore, I herewith refer you to the reply given in Arkell v. Pressdram (1971)

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 10:39:03 PM

Furthermore, I herewith refer you to the reply given in Arkell v. Pressdram (1971)

Lol I'm not the independent monitor. I never claimed to be that. I said that my monitoring showed high levels of compliance, backed up by professional, independent monitoring two weeks later. No, I wasn't in charge of that :P

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

Lol I'm not the independent monitor. I never claimed to be that. I said that my monitoring showed high levels of compliance, backed up by professional, independent monitoring two weeks later. No, I wasn't in charge of that :P

I therefore rest my case on the basis of the admittance by my honorable friend that you show an incredible amount of bias towards an operator herewith named in your user name as "DiamondDart" as to cause a significant conflict of interests by way of the extremities that your statement, how so bold as to make the methods to describe it as a significant manner of a vexatious statement which is causing a significant burden on the English language, a burden heavier than it can bare.

bususer12

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 10:52:16 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 21, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

I therefore rest my case on the basis of the admittance by my honorable friend that you show an incredible amount of bias towards an operator herewith named in your user name as "DiamondDart" as to cause a significant conflict of interests by way of the extremities that your statement, how so bold as to make the methods to describe it as a significant manner of a vexatious statement which is causing a significant burden on the English language, a burden heavier than it can bare.

;D ;D ;D

Jay

so did Hanson's but the thing is hanson's has 95% compliance 6 day's a week but Diamond only has 95% when someone watch them
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

nitromatt1

I think both Diamond and Hansons are very good, competant operators in the grand scheme of things, when you look at others in the region such as VIP, GRS, Joe's etc. I don't see why we have to decide one is 'better' than the other.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk